King rips us again

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsflash: The BILLS have sucked most of their history. I'm glad I don't have to go to the bar late to watch them get blown out with a hoard of pantholes. I can get it done early in the morning while most of them are still savoring the taste of what their boyfriend had for a late night snack.

Haha :(

Agreed. Wake up at 10AM, bright and early, watch the debacle. Then on with the day.

Newsflash:  The BILLS have sucked most of their history.  I'm glad I don't have to go to the bar late to watch them get blown out with a hoard of pantholes.  I can get it done early in the morning while most of them are still savoring the taste of what their boyfriend had for a late night snack.

654770[/snapback]

I actually like having the 1pm start times all season long...and hey, isnt that good that our team isnt jumping out to the West Coast every other week?

654602[/snapback]

Its freaking great. F prime time games, some of us work. Unlike Peter King who spends most of his time tongue polishing Brett Favre's applebag.

I'm happy that it's all 1pm games!They are great games to go to and my Sunday afternoons are booked for four months!  I hate 4pm start games (have to wait too long for the game to start) and we always suck on prime time, so who cares? If we are good enough to get a prime time game later in the season, great! If not Sundays at 1pm is when football should be played!

654614[/snapback]

Out here on the West Coast that means all "breakfast games". I'm love'n it!!

I love the 10am PT start. This is like a gift to me. So, PK is wrong about what Bills' fans think about all 1pm starts (at least he's wrong about THIS Bills' fan).

We don't deserve to be on in Prime Time. Also, I prefer we fly as far under the national radar as possible...even when we're good. So, I agree with those who think this is a benefit to the Bills.

Works for me, I think it works for the Bills. It doesn't work for Peter King...too bad.

I have to admit, I don't really "get" the new kind of posters here at TBD, because that comment from Peter King sure sounded sympathetic to Buffalo's cause, if you ask me.

654856[/snapback]

It sounds more condescending than sympathetic, I think. But, I get your point.

He wrote this in dissecting the schedule...

Hey Peter, fug off.  We know we didn't have a good year last year or this offseason, no need to rub it in.

654597[/snapback]

I like what he said about "invisible team" when we go 2-14 I hope nobody notices!

He wrote this in dissecting the schedule...

Hey Peter, fug off.  We know we didn't have a good year last year or this offseason, no need to rub it in.

654597[/snapback]

LOL. Just what did he say that is so bad? This will be mild. I was listening to sports talk radio today on the way in, and they were trying to determine which teams in the NFL have absolutely no chance to get one of the flex primetime spots. Needless to say, the Bills were mentioned with San Fran and New Orleans as three teams that shouldn't even think that any of the country wants to see their teams.

Great. Just great. :)

All he did is really did was state the facts.  Besides he picked up to make the playoffs last year and Willis to win the rush title. 

654610[/snapback]

When PK states the facts, its one of the few times he's right.

When he states his opinion or makes predictions, he's always wrong. Like the guy in that Fedex commercial

King is right. The more obscure this team is the better. I, for one, have endured enough prime time beatings. And its a good thing they dont leave the east because the Bills suck out here as well. We should be encouraged by King's statements.

LOL.  Just what did he say that is so bad?  This will be mild.  I was listening to sports talk radio today on the way in, and they were trying to determine which teams in the NFL have absolutely no chance to get one of the flex primetime spots.  Needless to say, the Bills were mentioned with San Fran and New Orleans as three teams that shouldn't even think that any of the country wants to see their teams.

Great.  Just great. :)

655149[/snapback]

but san fran and NO get a prime time game EVEN Arizona does. Tell me why GB has at least 3, jets get 1, and we get zero, wonder if any other team gets not a single prime time game?

but san fran and NO get a prime time game EVEN Arizona does.  Tell me why GB has at least 3, jets get 1, and we get zero, wonder if any other team gets not a single prime time game?

655319[/snapback]

Because who the hell do we even have that they could market? Arizona has Edge, two awesome receivers, Warner and a new stadium. New Orleans has Katrina...like anyone really cares anymore, but nonetheless.....Green Bay has Favre, and let's face it, he's fun to watch......New York has a market.....

We have a sped, 3rd stringer, and career journeyman in the hunt for our QB job. A #1 WR who catches about 40 balls a year. A running back who dogs it for about 50% of every game he plays in. No lines, and hurt superstar in Spikes.

And yeah, I believe, Buffalo, Tennessee, Detroit and someone else isn't playing on primetime TV this season. I think I read that somewhere.

Face it, our team is abysmal. King is dead on correct.

When PK states the facts, its one of the few times he's right.

When he states his opinion or makes predictions, he's always wrong.  Like the guy in that Fedex commercial

655166[/snapback]

Gentlemen

regarding the obese Mr. King and his deconstructions of the king of field sports:

we should place his laughable text in a greater context.

Certainly King is not the only charlatan/fool within the media - this is an epidemic that perhaps encompasses the entire media. This is a homology on a grand f*cking scale gentlemen: the charlatan and the media journalist.

Why is this the case? Why is there a lack of substantive theoretical work within the media? Why is this particularly so within the media dealing with athletics?

We must ask ourselves what it takes, what are the primordial/base/lewd requirements to participate in this Althusserian apparatus?

This investigation (or we could better call it a lamentation) yields a grotesque bricollage of nepotism, zionist links, a genuine lack of everything - perhaps the clearest antithesis to the Lacanian thesis: "Nothing is lacking in the Real".

I recall gentlemen, at the time when i had an internet unit installed in my flat, that i would listen to the WGR55, hoping for the dissemination of some episteme regarding the Bills. I was confronted with a horrible arrogant pseudo intellectual voice - give me a moment gentlemen while i try to recall his name - he worked with the man who named himself after a dog.

I am sitting here for 5 minutes trying to remember this poseur's name. I can not. Alas it is irrelevant.

The point being: even this poseur who presents his account of the ontology of the Bills in a manner he believes as erudite and intellectual demanding, re-iterates the same fallacies given by the obese Kings who make no claim to f*cking rigour. There is no discernable difference. It is a tautology of the charlatan.

Side Note:

Attention Mr. not Tolstoy but the other b*tch challenging me in the adjacent thread, i forget his name also.

Sir i am warning you from my f*cking heart and soul, with an unwavering purity of resolve, that you will be the b*tch Thrasymachus to my SOKRAT ULTRA HOOLIGAN BILLS

Adieu

Because who the hell do we even have that they could market?  Arizona has Edge, two awesome receivers, Warner and a new stadium.  New Orleans has Katrina...like anyone really cares anymore, but nonetheless.....Green Bay has Favre, and let's face it, he's fun to watch......New York has a market.....

We have a sped, 3rd stringer, and career journeyman in the hunt for our QB job.  A #1 WR who catches about 40 balls a year.  A running back who dogs it for about 50% of every game he plays in.  No lines, and hurt superstar in Spikes.

And yeah, I believe, Buffalo, Tennessee, Detroit and someone else isn't playing on primetime TV this season.  I think I read that somewhere. 

Face it, our team is abysmal.  King is dead on correct.

655342[/snapback]

You are right, this team does not have the big name superstars like Edge, or Favre, Or a Manning, or a Brady that they can market for ratings on Primetime

but that doesn't mean the team won't be any good. This team will be like the other one sharing its city and be a team that wins and loses as a team and has a bunch of smaller stars, rather then just one big one who wants all the attention.

There is a new coaching staff that after watching films from last year will probably demand more disapline from his team (already being shown by releasing players that were becoming known for being more me first type guys or did not play 100% of the time) Last year the team lost all respect for MM and he let the team go into the crapper. They were a good team but everyone was content on being an underachiever and relying on others to make the big plays so they wouldn't have to. They did not play like a team and they lost alot of games they shouldn't have because of this

Gentlemen

Why is there a lack of substantive theoretical work within the media?

Because they are too busy reporting facts? :)

This investigation (or we could better call it a lamentation) yields a grotesque bricollage of nepotism, zionist links, a genuine lack of everything - perhaps the clearest antithesis to the Lacanian thesis: "Nothing is lacking in the Real".

Zionist Links? Are those all beef? around here we like Salens

You are right, this team does not have the big name superstars like Edge, or Favre, Or a Manning, or a Brady that they can market for ratings on Primetime

but that doesn't mean the team won't be any good. This team will be like the other one sharing its city and be a team that wins and loses as a team and has a bunch of smaller stars, rather then just one big one who wants all the attention.

There is a new coaching staff that after watching films from last year will probably demand more disapline from his team (already being shown by releasing players that were becoming known for being more me first type guys or did not play 100% of the time) Last year the team lost all respect for MM and he let the team go into the crapper. They were a good team but everyone was content on being an underachiever and relying on others to make the big plays so they wouldn't have to. They did not play like a team and they lost alot of games they shouldn't have because of this

655370[/snapback]

I admire your love for the Bills, but man, seriously, you have to get a grip. Even further breaking down this "new coaching staff" thing you have harping about....well....it's Dick fuggin Jauron for god's sakes. I mean, seriously. Dick Jauron. He's a perennial loser. Doesn't mean he won't be any good, but he doesn't deserve the benefit of doubt at this point, he needs to SHOW us the benefit of having him as the coach to represent the Bills.

And no, this HAS NOT been a good team for a long time now. In the 9-7 year, and under Mularkey and TD, they had beaten almost ZERO teams with winning records or with marquee records. The run in 2004 was a fluke based on an incredibly easy schedule. They were smoked by backups, at home, for a chance to make the playoffs. They had done nothing in the three years previous, or the year after 2004.

It is a bad team....plain and simple. They haven't really done jack to address any weaknesses, and they have cap room. This season reeks already. It also seems to lack a clear and concise plan. It's disheartening.....and the Bills have fallen mightily.

It's really a bummer. If Marv is clearing cap space to help out in the future, just tell us. But for people to be convinced we are a better team now than before is just plain laughable. And here's the kicker....we were already bad before.

I'm open to Marv being great. But as of right now, his direction seems to lack having a plan. If it's to get younger and start over, just state that. But his lack of addressing issues on the lines flat out stink. We now have a team full of backup TE's along with about 8 #2 WR's, and 3 backup QB's. Oh boy am I excited.