Ladies and Gentleman

I was in my local watering hole this past friday night with my regular buds. And who walks in but Dirtbag Marino and the Bucket head Joe Rose and Marinos wife, who isnt half bad looking. Anyway we proceeded to get sloshed and as everyone was sending him drinks, we all decided- 4 of us being Bills fans that we would make a spectacle chanting LETS GO BUFFALO! over and over. Well come to find out that there were more than just 4 of us and as about 10 people kept singing it Marino and friends got up threw some money on the bar and left. It may have been low class but it was worth it! Needless to say the owner wasnt very happy with us, but Marino seemed to laugh it off as he was walking away. GO BILLS! SCREW YOU DANNY BOY! :w00t::w00t::lol::lol::D:P;)

Yeah - Dan might have played for one of our hated teams but he is a very classy guy. Were you pledging a fraternity or something? What made you think to "chant" him out of the bar?

651455[/snapback]

Those are your opinions and you are welcome to them. But I have lived in South Florida for about 18 years and have run into Marino on many occasions. I have actualy seen him turn an autograph away from a liitle kid because he was talking to someone else, is that class. Sorry boys but from what I have seen and heard I can do without him, I have met alot more athletes with alot more class than him. And on the same note I have met Jim Kelly and he is no prize either, it has nothing to do with the uniform or team, its about character.

Those are your opinions and you are welcome to them. But I have lived in South Florida for about 18 years and have run into Marino on many occasions. I have actualy seen him turn an autograph away from a liitle kid because he was talking to someone else, is that class. Sorry boys but from what I have seen and heard I can do without him, I have met alot more athletes with alot more class than him. And on the same note I have met Jim Kelly and he is no prize either, it has nothing to do with the uniform or team, its about character.

651470[/snapback]

Touche'. Instead of a handshake, perhaps a horse-collar tackle for Dan-the Man?

Kidding aside, I've always admired Marino. They can't sign every autograph and be the lovable, jovial individuals we wish they could be at all times. Keeping your experiences in mind, I'd still welcome him, shake his hand and tell him how big of Bills fan I am and how I enjoyed the battles over the years.

......finally sending him off with the 'ol Bryan Cox salute.

Touche'. Instead of a handshake, perhaps a horse-collar tackle for Dan-the Man?

Kidding aside, I've always admired Marino. They can't sign every autograph and be the lovable, jovial individuals we wish they could be at all times. Keeping your experiences in mind, I'd still welcome him, shake his hand and tell him how big of Bills fan I am and how I enjoyed the battles over the years.

......finally sending him off with the 'ol Bryan Cox salute.

651489[/snapback]

Now thats class. :w00t: Go Bills!

I was in my local watering hole this past friday night with my regular buds. And who walks in but Dirtbag Marino and the Bucket head Joe Rose and Marinos wife, who isnt half bad looking. Anyway we proceeded to get sloshed and as everyone was sending him drinks, we all decided- 4 of us being Bills fans that we would make a spectacle chanting LETS GO BUFFALO! over and over. Well come to find out that there were more than just 4 of us and as about 10 people kept singing it Marino and friends got up threw some money on the bar and left. It may have been low class but  it was worth it! Needless to say the owner wasnt very happy with us, but Marino seemed to laugh it off as he was walking away. GO BILLS! SCREW YOU DANNY BOY! :w00t:  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

651429[/snapback]

I admire you and your buds! How can ANYONE respect the player once they worn a Dolfags uniform? Why would you? Respecting a player who played for the Dolphins is just wrong...no matter who it is!

I admire you and your buds!  How can ANYONE respect the player once they worn a Dolfags uniform?  Why would you?  Respecting a player who played for the Dolphins is just wrong...no matter who it is!

651497[/snapback]

Are you fishing for a Thurmal slam? :w00t:

I was in my local watering hole this past friday night with my regular buds. And who walks in but Dirtbag Marino and the Bucket head Joe Rose and Marinos wife, who isnt half bad looking. Anyway we proceeded to get sloshed and as everyone was sending him drinks, we all decided- 4 of us being Bills fans that we would make a spectacle chanting LETS GO BUFFALO! over and over. Well come to find out that there were more than just 4 of us and as about 10 people kept singing it Marino and friends got up threw some money on the bar and left. It may have been low class but  it was worth it! Needless to say the owner wasnt very happy with us, but Marino seemed to laugh it off as he was walking away. GO BILLS! SCREW YOU DANNY BOY! :w00t:  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

651429[/snapback]

Who is the dirtbag in this story? I'm confused...

I hate the uniform and not the player. I would have liked to have met Marino rather than display some sophomoric behavior. You may have missed an oppurtunity to meet one of the greats. To each his own, I guess.

651449[/snapback]

Would you get ahold of yourself! It's the dolphins fer chrissakes. He didn't moon him or toss a beer on his wife, so not sophomoric at all. Good job BUFFALOTONE!

Would you get ahold of yourself!  It's the dolphins fer chrissakes.  He didn't moon him or toss a beer on his wife, so not sophomoric at all.  Good job BUFFALOTONE!

651514[/snapback]

Couldn't disagree more. The man was out with his wife, period, end of story. If he was out by himself or with some buds then he is open game.

Who is the dirtbag in this story? I'm confused...

651503[/snapback]

Hey pal I bleed red, white and Blue not some girly aqua and orange. I lived in this sorry sportstown for too long, yeah thats my fault but hey I dont see you next to me arguing and fighting with these girly dressed hacks in south florida. I support my team no matter what and I havent missed a game down here in 13 years. Im proud to be a Bills fan if that means being a dirtbag. :w00t:

Yeah - Dan might have played for one of our hated teams but he is a very classy

I know a lot of people that have had dealings with him and his wife. They are almost universal in their appraisal, he's an * and his wife is a b*tch. BTW, did he reciprocate for any of the drinks sent his way?

Yeah - Dan might have played for one of our hated teams but he is a very classy

I know a lot of people that have had dealings with him and his wife. They are almost universal in their appraisal, he's an * and his wife is a b*tch. BTW, did he reciprocate for any of the drinks sent his way?

651535[/snapback]

Nah. That would have been nice, I dropped c-note that night

Couldn't disagree more.  The man was out with his wife, period, end of story. If he was out by himself or with some buds then he is open game.

651522[/snapback]

I would have figured if theres anyone here that would appreciate this post, it would be Ray Finkle "LACES OUT" I mean, he only got Marino to leave a bar, you kidnapped him.

Personnally I find it kinda funny that he gt up and walked out. Why didn't he try to defend himself or just ignore it. I would have laughed it off and taken some shots at the bills if I was him. But I guess you just hurt his precious feelings. It seemed like it was all in fun, and aslong as no one made any personnal or physical threats to him, I don't see the harm.

I would have figured if theres anyone here that would appreciate this post, it would be Ray Finkle "LACES OUT" I mean, he only got Marino to leave a bar, you kidnapped him.

Personnally I find it kinda funny that he gt up and walked out. Why didn't he try to defend himself or just ignore it. I would have laughed it off and taken some shots at the bills if I was him. But I guess you just hurt his precious feelings. It seemed like it was all in fun, and aslong as no one made any personnal or physical threats to him, I don't see the harm.

651560[/snapback]

I think it was a combination of us and annoying drunks coming up to him in the pisser asking him for pics and autographs.Now that can be annoying.

Would you get ahold of yourself!  It's the dolphins fer chrissakes.  He didn't moon him or toss a beer on his wife, so not sophomoric at all.  Good job BUFFALOTONE!

651514[/snapback]

So I suppose you're a better Bills fan, right? :w00t: Look, tiger, when Osama forms a football team, my hatred will then rival yours. Until then, I'll limit my "hate" for the archrival the way I see fit. Cool with you?

Typical killjoys of TBD.  He didn't slap the dude's wife; he chanted like a drunken fool for his hometown team and Marino couldn't take it. BUFFALOTONE, this Bud's for you!

652492[/snapback]

I see your guys point... IMO, seemed over the top though...

Then again, Marino could have come over, joked made friends with the Buff fellows and everybody would have had a good time... That' how things usually go?

Typical killjoys of TBD.  He didn't slap the dude's wife; he chanted like a drunken fool for his hometown team and Marino couldn't take it. BUFFALOTONE, this Bud's for you!

652492[/snapback]

Sorry. I'm a sports fan not just a Bills fan. I'd love the oppurtunity to meet Marino.

I wouldn't embarrass myself by booing or whatever it is you or others might do. Get over it. :angry: