Green Bay

Favre is once again re-affirming that he will not play in 06 unless the Pack "improves". Were I GB, I'd have killed him by now, but I understand what an icon he is there. But, Nall is over to Buffalo - not a lot else going on. At what point does GB say screw it and plan around him? Must be tough to have so much depending on one player. Draft probably isn't that easy to figure out anyway, what does one do-plan 2? (BF here, BF not here...). Have always liked Favre, but damn-there are a lot of other people in the organization beyond him. I'd guess they sort of write him off, and structure as though he won't be there (won't be in 07 anyway), but what a distraction.

Favre is once again re-affirming that he will not play in 06 unless the Pack "improves". Were I GB, I'd have killed him by now, but I understand what an icon he is there. But, Nall is over to Buffalo - not a lot else going on. At what point does GB say screw it and plan around him? Must be tough to have so much depending on one player. Draft probably isn't that easy to figure out anyway, what does one do-plan 2? (BF here, BF not here...). Have always liked Favre, but damn-there are a lot of other people in the organization beyond him. I'd guess they sort of write him off, and structure as though he won't be there (won't be in 07 anyway), but what a distraction.

649859[/snapback]

Takes me back to when OJ held out all summer and the offense got built around Bubba Braxton. OJ settles his contract something like the Tuesday before opening day and showed up and the O was reworked to have OJ as the featured back. Things got off to a real slow start that year.

So, Losman and the #8 to GB for their pick?

Takes me back to when OJ held out all summer and the offense got built around Bubba Braxton. OJ settles his contract something like the Tuesday before opening day and showed up and the O was reworked to have OJ as the featured back. Things got off to a real slow start that year.

649870[/snapback]

Wasn`t it the old coaching staff that wanted Losman? This is what I remember. :D

649870[/snapback]

I would go that far. We can't figure out what to do with 8, let alone higher. (I'm in the trade down camp) But makes one wonder what's up with their #5 conversations.

With the Bills ? where did you see this about Buff?

649881[/snapback]

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. Was referring to an earlier GB thread. Were Buffalo going to deal with GB, they would have done it already. I was just reading an article on Favre during my morning news perusals, and was thinking out loud as to how one player can screw up a program. Look at all the attention centered on one WR in Buffalo, in a situation that really doesn't matter that much one way or the other. Imagine having to try to build your team around what a QB with not much time left wants.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. Was referring to an earlier GB thread. Were Buffalo going to deal with GB, they would have done it already. I was just reading an article on Favre during my morning news perusals, and was thinking out loud as to how one player can screw up a program. Look at all the attention centered on one WR in Buffalo, in a situation that really doesn't matter that much one way or the other. Imagine having to try to build your team around what a QB with not much time left wants.

649883[/snapback]

And nevermind the fact that the player that is considering retirement has already retired....I agree that Favre is taking too much advantage of his "hero" status and the Pack needs to move forward as if he's retiring. Can't build a team around a guy who, even if he returns next year, will likely not be around after that...

I'm kinda surprised GB hasn't signed a backup QB with some experience. I think all they have is Favre and Rodgers ? Seems like they'd want someone on the roster with at least 1 start under his belt. I bet things will get real interesting in GB if Favre retires now.

I'm kinda surprised GB hasn't signed a backup QB with some experience. I think all they have is Favre and Rodgers ?  Seems like they'd want someone on the roster with at least 1 start under his belt.  I bet things will get real interesting in GB if Favre retires now.

649887[/snapback]

Leinart?

And nevermind the fact that the player that is considering retirement has already retired....I agree that Favre is taking too much advantage of his "hero" status and the Pack needs to move forward as if he's retiring.  Can't build a team around a guy who, even if he returns next year, will likely not be around after that...

649884[/snapback]

I was reading that Favre said if he comes back this year, it WILL be his last season. words from his mouth. I guess he's still deciding on whether its worth the effort to go thru camp and all that just to spend the season making excuses and blaming other people for his 30 interceptions.

I was reading that Favre said if he comes back this year, it WILL be his last season. words from his mouth. I guess he's still deciding on whether its worth the effort to go thru camp and all that just to spend the season making excuses and blaming other people for his 30 interceptions.

649945[/snapback]

Beauty of being "The Favre" is that you don't have to blame others. You have a whole throng of supporters blaming the others for you. Heck, even the "others" will likely blame themselves. "Hey Brett, sorry I went fly like the play called for rather than post like you threw to. I'll try to do better next time."

I would go that far. We can't figure out what to do with 8

649878[/snapback]

Just to get things straight "YOU" can't figure what to do at 8.I'm sure Marv and crew know what they plan on doing.

I'd guess they sort of write him off, and structure as though he won't be there (won't be in 07 anyway), but what a distraction.

649859[/snapback]

Agreed, and agreed. Right now, that's not a playoff team with or without #4. GM Ted Thompson's best bet is to rebuild, and let Favre walk if he doesn't approve.

I'm kinda surprised GB hasn't signed a backup QB with some experience. I think all they have is Favre and Rodgers ?  Seems like they'd want someone on the roster with at least 1 start under his belt.  I bet things will get real interesting in GB if Favre retires now.

649887[/snapback]

There isn't much left on the FA landscape in terms of QBs. I'm mildly surprised the Pack didn't try to go after Aaron Brooks, who was an original draft pick of the Packers and had his best years under their current HC when he was the OC in New Orleans. In looking at what's left it's either Kerry Collins or Jay Fiedler. Fiedler IMHO is the better pick as he seems smarter and feel a better guy for Rodgers to learn in front of/behind than Collins.

When I see what Favre is yet again doing to the Packer organization and its fans, and thank God for what a man Jim Kelly was when he decided to step away from the game. He didn't jerk our chain for two years, he didn't stink the joint out for two years when he would have been past his prime, and he didn't sign on elsewhere in a lame attempt to resurrect himself.

Jim Kelly retired from the game he loved when he could still play it, and he did this with honor and the respect of his peers and his fans.

Brett Favre is a selfish, wishy-washy has-been who isn't have the man that Jim was, and still is.

Favre is always a team guy. He wants the team to win.

He will throw blocks, play with a broken throwing hand, redo his contract, anything to help the team. He plays all out to win.

If there is no one in the front office with the goal of winning a Super Bowl why should he sacrifice and work hard when the front office is not supporting you.

Imagine having multiple situations like Moulds this year and instead of having them work a trade and getting something in exchange they are just cut. Free agents just let go(like Nall) for nothing?

His end of the year press conference he said he was not sure that team management wanted him back. The coaching staff was fired even down to the assistant weight room manager(former Packer player).

The new GM in Green Bay has pushed many people out shaking up the whole team. The Packers are rebuilding but are doing it from the bottom of the roster up. Only 3 guys remain on the team from 1999(Brett being one).

In Favre's whole career he has never had a losing season until last year. He is 36 and can play for years but wants success for the team to be successful not himself.

If it was about him and records he would would keep playing and have every passing one by the end of 2007.

Brett wants the team to get better but sees the GM dragging his feet on a five year plan.

Who wants to play lumberjack when the other guys(front office) won't lift their end of the log?