KFFL Draft

Source

8. BUFFALO: Michael Huff 6-1 205 S/CB Texas

42. BUFFALO: John McCargo 6-2 302 DT North Carolina State

70. BUFFALO(fm TEN): Taitusi Lutui 6-4 334 OG Southern Cal

73. BUFFALO: Charlie Whitehurst 6-5 223 QB Clemson

106. BUFFALO: Jerome Harrison 5-9 201 RB Washington State

143. BUFFALO: Devin Aromashadu 6-2 201 WR Auburn

I'd be satisfied with this one. We get Huff, DT and OG help with our first 3 picks. Whitehurst may not be our pick at 73 (Maurice Stovall 6-4 216 WR Notre Dame or

Montavious Stanley 6-2 313 DT Louisville are still on the board), and at 106 I'd have taken Spencer Havner 6-3 242 LB UCLA. But if the 1st 3 picks came down like this I'd be ecstatic.

One more that I like involves us trading down for Bunkley:

Source

17. Bills (MIN) – Broderick Bunkley – DT – Florida State

42. Bills – Jason Allen – FS/CB – Tennessee

51. Bills (MIN) – Davin Joseph – G/T – Oklahoma

70. Bills – Jonathan Scott – OT – Texas

98. Bills (HOU) – Dusty Dvoracek – DT – Oklahoma

105. Bills – Brian Calhoun – RB – Wisconsin

115. Bills (MIN) – Hank Baskett – WR – New Mexico

I like this one all the way down, and shows what a great trade-down would look like.

Astro

I like that draft alot. Huff fills a need position, not OL or DL, but a need none-the-less, McCargo I like ALOT. Might not last to us, but if he does, sweet...and whitehurst is a good 3rd string QB for now, who in 2-3 years takes over for KH and challanges JP (if he is still here). All in all, I would be very happy with that draft

The second draft, where we trade down and acquire 2 DT's, a OG, OT, and a S, is almost too good to be true. Yet when I look at the other names, I can't see the draft being "fixed" for a particular team. I'd be very happy with either scenario, and makes me feel better about a trade-down scenario going our way.

The second draft, where we trade down and acquire 2 DT's, a OG, OT, and a S, is almost too good to be true.

649539[/snapback]

Position-wise, that is exactly what I'd like to see the Bills do with their 1st 5 picks.

Wow, I love that second draft, you missed that we still have pick 73 and they have us taking Chris Chester (Center) of OU. I would much rather have McCargo (taken the pick before in that mock) then Dvoraceck with the fourth rounder. Not sure if he'll be there though. Just goes to show you how uncertain some players' stocks are right now. One mock has McCargo as our second rounder while the other has him as the last pick of the third round. Gotta love that Hank Baskett pick too...that guy is a beast!

Source

I like this one all the way down, and shows what a great trade-down would look like.

Astro

649525[/snapback]

If that happened I would be ecstatic, I doubt your 70-115 will be there when we select, but it would definitely be one of the best drafts we've ever seen.

Source

Astro

649525[/snapback]

Heeeeeeeey, that guy stole my draft! Or at least a good deal of it :D

I'd be very happy with that draft, aside from the Jason Allen pick. He's a damn good player, but I'm a little weary of his past injury problems. Still though, I wouldnt complain too much if thats how the draft laid itself out. Write it down, Hank Baskett is going to be a STEAL in this draft. I doubt ever a big-time #1 playmaker, but I do think he's going to eventually be a solid, possession #2 WR in the NFL.

The second draft, where we trade down and acquire 2 DT's, a OG, OT, and a S, is almost too good to be true. Yet when I look at the other names, I can't see the draft being "fixed" for a particular team. I'd be very happy with either scenario, and makes me feel better about a trade-down scenario going our way.

649539[/snapback]

I think that's spot on where we need to go.

I have 2 things lined up for draft weekend, I don't know how this happened.

Source

8. BUFFALO: Michael Huff 6-1 205 S/CB Texas

42. BUFFALO: John McCargo 6-2 302 DT North Carolina State

70. BUFFALO(fm TEN): Taitusi Lutui 6-4 334 OG Southern Cal

73. BUFFALO: Charlie Whitehurst 6-5 223 QB Clemson

106. BUFFALO: Jerome Harrison 5-9 201 RB Washington State

143. BUFFALO: Devin Aromashadu 6-2 201 WR Auburn

I'd be satisfied with this one. We get Huff, DT and OG help with our first 3 picks. Whitehurst may not be our pick at 73 (Maurice Stovall 6-4 216 WR Notre Dame or

Montavious Stanley 6-2 313 DT Louisville are still on the board), and at 106 I'd have taken Spencer Havner 6-3 242 LB UCLA. But if the 1st 3 picks came down like this I'd be ecstatic.

649517[/snapback]

I like the thinking of this Draft with the first 3 picks. Substitute another OG,OT instead of Whitehurst and you're doing well.

Those 1st 3 guys would be instant starters. We could wave goodbye to the 57 year old Vincent, if Huff is selected.

Source

Astro

649525[/snapback]

Wow, I love that second draft, you missed that we still have pick 73 and they have us taking Chris Chester (Center) of OU. 

649574[/snapback]

That's a pretty good start of a draft. As it addresses needs, gives us quality depth and is pretty realistic. I know from posting at KFFL that the guy hosting the mock is a Bills fand and might be why things seem to going in our favor but still be very happy if things follow to this plan.

We're not drafting a QB & we're not trading JP. If you still think we are trading JP, Gaughan's column today is a must read-too many cap $ with no viable return.

Now, we have 5 guys in camp counting the 2 in Europe. Where would the reps for a rookie QB come from.

Any draft discussion that includes the Bills taking a QB is ridiculous.

99.99% of mock drafts make a mockery of the draft.

I like the thinking of this Draft with the first 3 picks. Substitute another OG,OT instead of Whitehurst and you're doing well.

Those 1st 3 guys would be instant starters. We could wave goodbye to the 57 year old Vincent,  if Huff is selected.

650000[/snapback]

I aggree with you that we pass on Whitehurst. Right now their is a logjam of unproven players at QB. Right now it is unlikely that Nall, Holcomb and JP will all fail this year. However, if we simply declare on these players a failure by replacing him with Whitehurst, we not only add a significant (to huge) financial cost to drafting Whitehurst, It also heighten the possibility that we may even be forced to play Whitehurst if one of the two surviving QBs fails and the other is hurt.

The only way the Bills draft Whitehurst if they choose to do something which makes little football sense.

In addition, the selection of Huff probably means nothing in terms of Vincent's status. TV is first on our depth chart at FS, Huff if drafted better step in immediately if he can at starting SS where we chopped Milloy.

If anybidy's job is in danger from us drafting Huff it would be Coy Wire who has already failed at the starting SS job and has shown little sign of developing into a quality starter as a pro at a safety position he has never played at any level of organized ball.

If anything, the drafting of Huff enhances the value of Vincent to this team as there are few other players in the NFL between his DB Pro Bowl appearances, 10+ years, his position as the player voted leader of the NFLPA, and his leadership in working toward an MBA at an Ivy League school in the off-season (apparently TKO has joined him in these endeavors).

It seems you have totally the wrong read on the impact of Huff coming to th Bills on TV.

Source

Astro

649525[/snapback]

That would be a A+ draft, IMO.

That the second mock looks fantastic, and is exactly what I would like the Bills to do, position-wise. I don't really know much about the players involved, but I have heard good things about Scott, the T from Texas, and I think he may not be there at 70.

And I think another need that hasn't been talked about much on here besides the O-line and DT is depth at HB. I definitely see the Bills spending a day one pick on a bigger back that can take some of the load off of WM and potentially start if injuries necessitate it. I am not confident in a backfield of Burns and Williams to carry the load if Willis is injured. I don't know anything about this Calhoun, but I like the RB pick after addressing the lines and S.

Lastly, I do not want to see the Bills take a day one QB unless they trade down and Young is still on the board, and even then only if they make every attempt to trade the pick away.