why was Sam Adams cut if

The problem w/Adams is he's just a selfish player. If things don't go the way Sam wants,he whines and pouts and comes up "injured". He pulled the same crap when he was out here in Oakland.We will be better off without him. You need to build a TEAM,not just assemble talent. I think Marv understands that.

Yeah, because Pat Williams was so good without Adams. :D

The Bills signed Adams because teams were running WILD on Pat Williams and Ron Edwards(and London Fletcher).  Remember Ricky Williams putting up 400+ on the Bills in two games in 2002?  Did Pat Williams suck?  Funny how Williams seems to play better when he has had Ted Washington, Adams or Kevin Williams lined up next to him. 

It astounds me the level of ignorance people here have with even THEIR OWN TEAM.  Remember the blown lead at NE?  Coincidentally,  Adams was benched for the second half.  Remember the blown lead at Miami?  Adams benched again after taking a play off with an injury.

You'd think now that the Meathead fiasco is over, people might consider that Mularkey might have been cutting off his nose to spite his face, and his way of jerking Adams chain was playing time, because Adams had a ton of playing time incentives.  The rest of the league did, and that's why Adams was voted as a Pro Bowl alternate.

Who wants to bet the Bengals defense gets A LOT better next season? :lol:

649575[/snapback]

Give me a break. :P Adams should have given his Pro Bowl slot to Pat Williams. Pat tied up blockers so that Sam could free lance and make tackles. When Pat left Sam could not, or would not play that game, and that is what pissed off Mularkey and Co.

Look what Pat did to help Minnesota. TD screwed up when he let Pat go and kept the selfish Sam Adams. Yes ... he will help Cinc, for awhile.

Adams has talent but is not a team player.

Yeah, because Pat Williams was so good without Adams. :D

The Bills signed Adams because teams were running WILD on Pat Williams and Ron Edwards(and London Fletcher).  Remember Ricky Williams putting up 400+ on the Bills in two games in 2002?  Did Pat Williams suck?  Funny how Williams seems to play better when he has had Ted Washington, Adams or Kevin Williams lined up next to him. 

It astounds me the level of ignorance people here have with even THEIR OWN TEAM.  Remember the blown lead at NE?  Coincidentally,  Adams was benched for the second half.  Remember the blown lead at Miami?  Adams benched again after taking a play off with an injury.

You'd think now that the Meathead fiasco is over, people might consider that Mularkey might have been cutting off his nose to spite his face, and his way of jerking Adams chain was playing time, because Adams had a ton of playing time incentives.  The rest of the league did, and that's why Adams was voted as a Pro Bowl alternate.

Who wants to bet the Bengals defense gets A LOT better next season? :P

649575[/snapback]

Adams best years was with Cortez Kennedy, Tony Siragusa, and Pat Williams next to him. You always play better with better players next to you. Hovan did not play well with Kevin Williams next to him, then Hovan lined up with McFarland and he was great again.

Adams best years was with Cortez Kennedy, Tony Siragusa, and Pat Williams next to him. You always play better with better players next to you. Hovan did not play well with Kevin Williams next to him, then Hovan lined up with McFarland and he was great again.

649733[/snapback]

I have two problems with this:

1] McFarland is better than Kevin Williams?

2] Describing Chris Hovan as "great".

Other than that, rock on...

I have two problems with this:

1] McFarland is better than Kevin Williams?

2] Describing Chris Hovan as "great".

Other than that, rock on...

649736[/snapback]

OK I agree about maybe I should have said Hovan was good not great. However I like McFarland outside Marcus Stroud I think he may be the best DT in game today. He was good enough for them to wave goodbye to Sapp who although is declining is still a force. Besides those guys I think Buckner (also ancient) and Strouds linemate Henderson are what you look for in premiere DT. Of course the list could go on, the best up and comer is probably Tommie Harris.

OK I agree about maybe I should have said Hovan was good not great. However I like McFarland outside Marcus Stroud I think he may be the best DT in game today. He was good enough for them to wave goodbye to Sapp who although is declining is still a force. Besides those guys I think Buckner (also ancient) and Strouds linemate Henderson are what you look for in premiere DT. Of course the list could go on, the best up and comer is probably Tommie Harris.

649739[/snapback]

you mean the same John Henderson that we passed on for Mike Williams?

Like or dislike Sam Adams it doesn't matter because he's gone. There is a huge hole down the center of this defense. Thinking that Larry Tripplett will suddenly become a player and fill that hole is a gamble, if lost, that will hurt the Bills defense.

Sam was done. He did not even command a double team last year. Also, created cap dollars. Good luck to him.

649520[/snapback]

Wrong. Adams was consistently double teamed last season. It's right there on the tape. It SOUNDED good though.

:lol:

Like or dislike Sam Adams it doesn't matter because he's gone. There is a huge hole down the center of this defense. Thinking that Larry Tripplett will suddenly become a player and fill that hole is a gamble, if lost, that will hurt the Bills defense.

649898[/snapback]

I don't think anyone, including ML or DJ denies that we had two major holes to fill at DT. Triplett is a good player who fits the scheme. I don't believe they think that Tripplett alone is the answer. That is why the Bills made a run at Ryan Pickett.

The Bills will likely draft a DT (Ngata or Bunkley) in the first round. If not, they will be players in round 2 and 3.

DT will not be position of high confidence going into the season.

It's even worse than you think -- Edwards (KC) and Bannan (Baltimore) are gone. Our current lineup at DT: Larry Tripplett, Tim Anderson, Lauvale Sape, Jason Jefferson, LaWaylon Brown, Faafetai Tupa'i.

649636[/snapback]

A couple strides backwards ... and the Bills were run through like wet tissue paper last year.

I think I heard London Fletcher singing Oklahoma show tunes. "Everything's going my way!" :lol:

Yeah, because Pat Williams was so good without Adams. :lol:

Who wants to bet the Bengals defense gets A LOT better next season? :doh:

649575[/snapback]

You seriously undervalued the play of Phat Pat, so much so that it brings to question anything else you had to say in your post. Vikings are sure glad to have him.

Remarkable, then, that he only missed three games - and one of those even though he claimed he was healthy enough to play - during his three seasons in Buffalo.

649638[/snapback]

Fans are not required to deal with football in any kind of objective fashion, and alot of this is seen in folks reactions to the play of Adams,

He gives tons of legit reasons for indicting his play (for example he clearly seems more interested in doing things his way rather than the team way dictated by the coaches). However, injury does not appear to be one of them based on his record of being able to show-up and play (even his final injury related DNPs seemed to be more related to a failed attitude rather than a failed body).

One of the real surprises for me in Adams play was that he seemed to grow up a bit as a person at the end of his time and the Bills got far more focused play from him than in his earlier career when he was so talented he did not need to be focused in his play or diligent in his workouts to be good.

He was a fine cut by us, because it made little sense to pay big bucks to an older player who refused to subordinate himself on what is likely to be a young building team. However, simply becaise he was a correct cut by the Bills does not mean he is a bad playeer who can do nothing.

Becuse of our lack of depth at DT and his skills lending themselves to the role we need a DT to play cutting him was a very close call but the correct one.