Duke Lacrosse

I haven't read enough about this to form an opinion on the act itself. I really don't know fully what is being alleged. I have formed an opinion or two though:

1. Talk about guilty until proven innocent. Sheesh. Why wouldn't both sides let the investigation take its course?

2. I read a brief article this morning in which the players (most of them anyway) attorney states they are all innocent and that DNA will absolve them from blame. That comment is immediately followed by a Duke professor's comment stating that DNA is not needed because the players could have just worn condoms. She is convinced of their guilt even if their is no evidence. An allegation seems to be enough for her. ;) What if they find someone elses DNA? Did the players alter it in a grand deception? :doh:

3. I think I heard there were 3 attackers. There are 40 odd players on the team. Should they all go to jail? Maybe we can just kill them all. They are just jocks anyway.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one of those Inside Edition or whatever shows before I turned the TV off after the news, they were saying the 'racial tensions' this has caused at highbrow Duke and in the surrounding poor Raleigh were escalating.

They played a 911 tape where a girl calls in to say that (mimiced in her rat-a-tat voice: she and her "black girl friend" were driving by somewhere and heard the N-word shouted, and that she was just calling 911 to report this, and she was so angry about it and didn't know whether calling 911 was the proper thing to do in this situation but she was just sooooooo angry.

Guess that hearing the N-word is now a 911-worthy, life-threatening event. Raleigh PD will be forming a Thought Police division soon, honey. Let's lock up all the people who use bad words.

I haven't read enough about this to form an opinion on the act itself.  I really don't know fully what is being alleged.  I have formed an opinion or two though:

1. Talk about guilty until proven innocent.  Sheesh.  Why wouldn't both sides let the investigation take its course?

2. I read a brief article this morning in which the players (most of them anyway) attorney states they are all innocent and that DNA will absolve them from blame.  That comment is immediately followed by a Duke professor's comment stating that DNA is not needed because the players could have just worn condoms.  She is convinced of their guilt even if their is no evidence.  An allegation seems to be enough for her.  ;)  What if they find someone elses DNA?  Did the players alter it in a grand deception?  :doh:

3. I think I heard there were 3 attackers.  There are 40 odd players on the team.  Should they all go to jail?  Maybe we can just kill them all.  They are just jocks anyway.

648142[/snapback]

They are white males so they must be guilty. Even if they didn't do it, I'm sure they oppressed someone in the past and never got punished for it! Too bad they weren't muslim proffessors supporting terrorist groups, they would have the undying support of the faculty.

Not everyone had to give DNA, only the white players.  Also, most guys were at the party and were witnesses.  They are refusing to speak which is why they are all being punished.

648151[/snapback]

Where do you come up with this stuff?

According to the NYTimes article I read, 46 players gave DNA samples from the team.

Before goduke.com took down the lacrosse men's roster, guess how many players were listed? 47.

ONE freaking player didn't submit DNA. :doh:

Where do you come up with this stuff?

According to the NYTimes article I read, 46 players gave DNA samples from the team.

Before goduke.com took down the lacrosse men's roster, guess how many players were listed?  47.

ONE freaking player didn't submit DNA.  :doh:

648285[/snapback]

Why don't you stop being an idiot and actually do some research before you post stupid sh--.

Police ordered 46 of the 47 members of the lacrosse team to provide DNA samples last week. The tests will compare the DNA to samples taken from the accuser. Durham police spokeswoman Kammie Michael said she expects the tests to be completed by early next week. DNA was not taken from the lone black member of the team because the woman said her assailants were white, police said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6032902644.html

Don't misunderstand my original post. If they find DNA matches, then nail the crap out of these guys. If they have enough non-DNA evidence, do the same. If 10 guys are involved in some cover up, charge them as appropriate.

I do have a hard time believing that all 47 are involved. It just doesn't make any sense.

From the article I read it does seem some evidence was found at the scene. The investigation should proceed. I have to admit I find it strange that she knows 3 lacrosse players did this, but evidently can't ID them. I'm not saying that means she's lying by any stretch, just that is unusual.

Why don't you stop being an idiot and actually do some research before you post stupid sh--.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6032902644.html

648301[/snapback]

Then why the hell did you word it like this? (and you called what I said "stupid sh--").

Not everyone had to give DNA, only the white players.

If there was only one player that didn't give DNA, and it was the ONLY non-white player that had to, why the hell would you post what you posted?

While it is technically correct, the connotation is that there were multiple players that didn't give DNA, and that racism was involved. I would have thought that even you would be able to realize that. :doh:

Then why the hell did you word it like this? (and you called what I said "stupid sh--").

If there was only one player that didn't give DNA, and it was the ONLY non-white player that had to, why the hell would you post what you posted?

While it is technically correct, the connotation is that there were multiple players that didn't give DNA, and that racism was involved. I would have thought that even you would be able to realize that.  :doh:

648333[/snapback]

It's not just technically correct it was correct. Also, the fact that these girls cannot identify 3 people out 46 guys, when they were in the same place with them for hours, and then locked in a room where they were raped is bull sh--. This is racially motivated bigtime. If they can't pick out 3 of 40 guys, then how do they know one wasn't black? Also, DNA evidence doesn't constitute a rape. It just shows that activity occurred. Willingness to screw isn't rape.

It's not just technically correct it was correct.   Also, the fact that these girls cannot identify 3 people out 46 guys, when they were in the same place with them for hours, and then locked in a room where they were raped is bull sh--.  This is racially motivated bigtime.  If they can't pick out 3 of 40 guys, then how do they know one wasn't black?  Also, DNA evidence doesn't constitute a rape.  It just shows that activity occurred.  Willingness to screw isn't rape.

648344[/snapback]

Yeah I agree with you there and I think the whole thing is crap.

It's not just technically correct it was correct.  Also, the fact that these girls cannot identify 3 people out 46 guys, when they were in the same place with them for hours, and then locked in a room where they were raped is bull sh--.  This is racially motivated bigtime.  If they can't pick out 3 of 40 guys, then how do they know one wasn't black?  Also, DNA evidence doesn't constitute a rape.  It just shows that activity occurred.  Willingness to screw isn't rape.

648344[/snapback]

All crackers look alike.

my theory:

Bunch of drunk, cocky, beligerant lacrosse players get some strippers. Act like jerks during the show, call the girls ugly, probably say some racial things and perhaps get a little too touchy and the girls leave and want to get back at them...

we'll see how it plays out.

you may remember 2 years ago 6 or so black guys from the st. johns basketball team were accused of rape by some white lady they met at a club. Thank God one of the kids had a video camera phone, because he was smart enough to tape the lady negotiating to go to the hotel and f them all for $200 or so.