No agreement yet.......

sven233

Does anyone think think we should just keep, release or trade Moulds?

647634[/snapback]

I have felt all along, they should just keep him, even if it means paying him the deal he has in place. If they let Moulds (overrated or not) a still productive, long tenured vetran go to freakin' Houston, where (if the rumours are true!) he would be making a very managable salary, this would just be another in a long series of incidents, making this one of the more embarassing off-seasons in the last 15 years or so, for the Bills. This franchise is just looking like an udderless ship at the moment.

FWIW, radio down here in Austin (the local affiliate that carried Texans games) is reporting that while Moulds is still on the radar for the Texans, the Eagles are still in the picture too. My own feeling is that Moulds would be doing little for himself, in terms of going to a "winning team" by going to Houston. It may be closer to home for him, but it isn't that close. It is 2006, Moulds is a rich man. He can fly his family to Philadelphia, Houston or Buffalo if he chooses. If he is willing to take, what sounds like an even bigger paycut than the Bills were asking him, just to get out of Buffalo, so be it. If he is willing to go that far, why not just agree to a similar deal with Philadelphia, where his "spokespeson" claims he longs to be...

Either way, this is a sad end to what had been a pretty nice career in Buffalo. I just hope it doesn't end up tarnishing Marv Levy's reputation as well...

Does anyone think think we should just keep, release or trade Moulds?

647634[/snapback]

Listening to the rhetoric it appears the bridges are burned and Moulds will not play for the Bills this year. The Bills will look for any compensation in a trade deal that will allow the Bills to help decide where it is that Moulds goes. Levy floated a 4th out there as an ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised to have him accept less to a.) ensure Moulds is out of the East, b.) get Moulds' contract off the cap, and c.) move on. I would expect that Levy will hold Moulds as long as it takes to convince those interested that the decision now is to trade Moulds. Despite the "we can wait 'til he's cut" mentality, there are teams that are desperate/crazy enough to do the trade to ensure they get Moulds. Houston's a prime example, as Moulds the free agent would obviously take less money to play for the Eagles (his clear desired destination, and why not?) than more money to play for Houston. I don't see Moulds as one to refuse a trade, so that may be the only scenario for Houston to be able to get Moulds...

The bottom line is that Moulds does NOT want to play here anymore....why,why,why would anyone want to keep him. The Bills are playing it smart and look to get compensation. Any compensation would be good...hopefully a 3rd rounder, but to say this guy is a stud anymore is going WAY overboard. On Houston he would clearly be the #2 possession type receiver similar to Keyshawn in Carolina.

Hell...the first pick on Day 2(if thats what it ends up) for a guy that wasn't going to play here next year anyway is great.Hats off to Marv and Co. for not folding and letting him go early...it paid off.

The bottom line is that Moulds does NOT want to play here anymore....why,why,why would anyone want to keep him.  The Bills are playing it smart and look to get compensation.  Any compensation would be good...hopefully a 3rd rounder, but to say this guy is a stud anymore is going WAY overboard.  On Houston he would clearly be the #2 possession type receiver similar to Keyshawn in Carolina.

647690[/snapback]

I dont agree with that at all....

Eric Moulds is there #1 guy from day on with the Texans....he has proved a whole lot more then any of their recievers have.....

Because of him....there will be a lot of Peerless Pricess running around on the field