A 'whopper' of a burger bill

EC-Bills

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they missed their mortgage payment it will hurt their credit.  Try to get that fixed.

645029[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. Bet it would be fun trying to explain that one: "But I couldn't pay my mortgage because BK cleaned me out..."

If they missed their mortgage payment it will hurt their credit.  Try to get that fixed.

645029[/snapback]

And this is EXACTLY why you should never EVER use a debit card. ALWAYS use a credit card. You have much better protection (plus you can usually get money back from rewards programs).

CW

And this is EXACTLY why you should never EVER use a debit card.  ALWAYS use a credit card.  You have much better protection (plus you can usually get money back from rewards programs).

CW

645151[/snapback]

Now this thread has got me rethinking things. I use my debit card for everything!

Now this thread has got me rethinking things.  I use my debit card for everything!

645153[/snapback]

I've posted about this in the past (in the consumer forum, generally), and most people come back with, "I'm protected, I don't have to worry." Here's some more ammo:

http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/category/7/40/225/

CW

I've posted about this in the past (in the consumer forum, generally), and most people come back with, "I'm protected, I don't have to worry."  Here's some more ammo:

http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/category/7/40/225/

CW

645158[/snapback]

I'm with you Fez. Its much easier to fight/correct a wrong charge on a credit card bill which you havent paid yet than it is to try and get the money back after its been taken already.

Who uses a debit or credit card at BK?

647115[/snapback]

Do they even take them? McD started doing so 3 or 4 months ago in my area.

I go to a BK once a year for a plain double cheeseburger - which they reliably fail to get right.

The one nearest to me closed down - no surprise - the county health department was after them.

Do they even take them? McD started doing so 3 or 4 months ago in my area.

I go to a BK once a year for a plain double cheeseburger - which they reliably fail to get right.

The one nearest to me closed down - no surprise - the county health department was after them.

647135[/snapback]

How did I know this was gonna come from you Cincy :blink::P ... I gotta memory like an elephant... And BK is making it "bigger." I think of your filthy BK everytime I attempt to go to one... I sometimes turn around... They are kinda creepy.

I never use a CC\DC at fast food joints... The only time my wife used one was I think last week and she had problems with the machine!

Everything seems fine in my paltry account.

Come to think about it... It is probably the reason my wife was so flustered... She said the employees took forever to correct the mistake and had to make sure she wasn't charged twice... I bet there had to be some memo about this floating around?

Actually... If the bank and BK corrected the problem they would probably reverse and bounced checks and fees... I think the bank could control these issues... People worry about too much... Yes, it is a headache... But, things could be corrected.

Again... People worry too much! Seems like an easy "paper trail."

Then again... It isn't MY ACCOUNT...

:blink::P

And this is EXACTLY why you should never EVER use a debit card.  ALWAYS use a credit card.  You have much better protection (plus you can usually get money back from rewards programs).

CW

645151[/snapback]

when you pay by debit, you could see the amount on the debit machine, they didn't even bother checking and got screwed. it happens but they had the opportunity of preventing it.

because you're a financial consultant and you're supposed to be smarter than that.  although i'm a banker and use my debit card for pretty much everything.

647218[/snapback]

Well I think using a debit card in much smarter than using a credit card. I spend money I have and not money I don't. I don't pay interest for my card. Once you've seen the credit card debt I've seen with some clients you'll know why.

Well I think using a debit card in much smarter than using a credit card.  I spend money I have and not money I don't.  I don't pay interest for my card.  Once you've seen the credit card debt I've seen with some clients you'll know why.

647232[/snapback]

bingo....you smart guy.