Why would we not resign Edwards?

that's a fair contract.

if he ever stays healthy, the guy could be an all-pro, in my opinion. He's always shown flashes of brilliance.

643268[/snapback]

He shows flashes of brilliance and 9 plays out of 10 he basically stinks. Horrible against the run. I am very glad he's gone actually. That experiment failed four or five years in a row.

he shows flashes of brilliance and 9 plays out of 10 he basically stinks. Horrible against the run. I am very glad he's gone actually. That experiement failed four or five years in a row.

643270[/snapback]

I can't even understand why we tried to retain him. He plays WAYYY to high, which is why he consistently and easily gets brushed out of the way by interior o-linemen using proper technique. Honestly I preferred Bannan to Edwards.

Guest BackInDaDay
I can't even understand why we tried to retain him.  He plays WAYYY to high, which is why he consistently and easily gets brushed out of the way by interior o-linemen using proper technique.  Honestly I preferred Bannan to Edwards.

643299[/snapback]

Yep. Very good point.

Ask fellow poster AKC how he feels about Edwards. He'll volunteer to drive him to the airport! 0:)

seems that bailing out of the bills uniform is en vouge

643333[/snapback]

Raise your hand if you're going to be crying over the loss of Ron Edwards...yeeeaaaah, dont see too many hands out there.

I wish more people would bail out of their Bills uniform honestly (Posey, Wire, Anderson, etc)

Raise your hand if you're going to be crying over the loss of Ron Edwards...yeeeaaaah, dont see too many hands out there.

I wish more people would bail out of their Bills uniform honestly (Posey, Wire, Anderson, etc)

643335[/snapback]

wish Marv would change the colors of those uniforms to the old royal blue

wish Marv would change the colors of those uniforms to the old royal blue

643408[/snapback]

I could care less if the uni's were pink with purple polka dots. Marv has other things to worry about then what the team looks like. That is a luxury that can come next year or the year after. His efforts need to be on getting a good product on the field.

I could care less if the uni's were pink with purple polka dots.  Marv has other things to worry about then what the team looks like.  That is a luxury that can come next year or the year after.  His efforts need to be on getting a good product on the field.

643410[/snapback]

Well he's saving a lot of time not caring or worrying or concerning himself with the salary cap.

I could care less if the uni's were pink with purple polka dots.  Marv has other things to worry about then what the team looks like.  That is a luxury that can come next year or the year after.  His efforts need to be on getting a good product on the field.

643410[/snapback]

he can delegate ....if it was marv actually designing they'd probably have grenades painted on the hips and machine gun rounds draped across the chest and back

He shows flashes of brilliance and 9 plays out of 10 he basically stinks. Horrible against the run. I am very glad he's gone actually. That experiment failed four or five years in a row.

643270[/snapback]

And I'd add to that by saying that those "flashes of brilliance" have come exclusively on one-gap pass rushes, something not uncommon among big guys with high centers of gravity. That same high center is the absolute worst trait for a run stuffer. Add to that a bad tackling shoulder and saying bye bye won't be difficult at all.

IMO Anderson is a much different proposition- he's not starting material but he can be a productive member of a DT rotation, and in today's game you better be 4 deep at the position. Anderson is a major roster plus for a team like us weak at the starting interior spots.

Interesting that Kummrie has first hand knowledge of the guy and wanted to sign him.

Apparently we wanted him (but rejected our offer), Kummrie wanted him, but guys that watch football on TV on Sunday don't want him.

I don't feel any better about losing him.

Interesting that Kummrie has first hand knowledge of the guy and wanted to sign him.

Apparently we wanted him (but rejected our offer), Kummrie wanted him, but guys that watch football on TV on Sunday don't want him.

643830[/snapback]

Krumrie was fired for not getting production out of guys like him. He can have him. Did you really watch Ron Edwards the last five years and think this guy is super productive? This guy is all over the field? This guy just makes plays? This guy is damn consistent? This guy does not suck?

643830[/snapback]

I don't feel any better either.

People above ripped Edwards--but Edwarsd isn't a run-stuffer; he's a pass-rushing DT a la Sam Adams. When we were kicking the idea of returning to a 3-4 a few months ago, I serioiusly thought Edwards could shift over and make a mean end in such a scheme.

I think the guy has potential; whether he ever fully realizes it--who knows?

I don't feel any better either.

People above ripped Edwards--but Edwarsd isn't a run-stuffer; he's a pass-rushing DT a la Sam Adams. When we were kicking the idea of returning to a 3-4 a few months ago, I serioiusly thought Edwards could shift over and make a mean end in such a scheme.

I think the guy has potential; whether he ever fully realizes it--who knows?

643863[/snapback]

5 years wasnt enough to see?