Maurice Morris, Melvin Fowler visit today

Lurker

Did you see how much Nall signed for?  It wasn't like we threw $6M/year at him.  Some people look at the chance to start as being a higher motivator than tons of $$$, knowing that if the starting job comes, so will the $$$.  Are you content with Shaud Williams as the #2 back? 

Marv and Dick are looking to improve this football team.  By bringing in quality guys to compete at a reasonable price you aren't "pushing aside" two #1 picks, you are challenging said #1 picks to be their best.  If the #1 pick (which weren't Marv's, so he has no sentimental attachment) can't beat out a "value" free agent, why do you continue to throw money at them?  Losman needs to prove he's a starting QB.  I think adding Nall to the equation makes the challenge adequate.  McGahee has to get serious about the game, that's the knock against him.  He has tremendous talent and the ability to be the best but he needs to be pushed...

637313[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, Morris looks like a good RB and would be a good #2. But if this O-line doesn't start to get upgraded soon, you could put Shauwn Alexander in our backfield and it wouldn't matter much.

I think WMs performance would improve significantly if he had a line that could at least allow him to have a little success to reinforce his motivation. IMO, he seemed to get discouraged last year and his "dancing" was a reaction to trying to make something out of nothing, more often than not. In fact, I'd go so far to say he had a better O-line at "The U" than he's had in the pros.

You're right, he has to grow up...but I think he's got the ability to and would shine if he had the chance to get into the open field more often.

Bottom Line: I'd be very happy signing Morris if he brought along a few of his O-line buddies. He looks like a good 3rd down back as well, so he should easily be an upgrade over Shaud Williams. But if he's looking at the Bills line in making his decision, he'd probably want to look elsewhere at this point.

While I am sort of curious to see what Gates can do, Morris would be a pretty nice addition to the roster. Somehow, I find it hard to think that another team, more RB desperate, won't make him a good offer. I could live with the A-train too!

While I am sort of curious to see what Gates can do, Morris would be a pretty nice addition to the roster.  Somehow, I find it hard to think that another team, more RB desperate, won't make him a good offer.  I could live with the A-train too!

637381[/snapback]

The A-train is shot. His knees are just a mess. Thats a good reason why he has bounced around as the third RB on teams since the Bears. He would be a waste of money IMO.

After seeing Mo Morris for 5 years (college and pro)  living on the west coast, I think he's a nice player and would add good depth.  It seems like the trend is to have 2 no.1 quality RBs on the roster.  I think it would be a good sign.

Also, I have to ask the question...how can a guy who's always at the top in yardage and just set the record for rushing TDs be overrated???  His stock takes a little hit this year with the loss of Hutch, but up until this year he has been underrated because of guys like LT and Priest.

637263[/snapback]

I take it back, Alexander is not overrated, just a little soft. He does have great ability but he has been running behind a wall for the past three seasons. And we all know the NFC is not nearly as physical as the AFC on defense. Back to my point I think we should sign Morris, cut Gates and Williams and really light a fire under Willis. What the hell is going on with Stephon Neal, are we going to sign him or wait for Arizona to make a move, there are two guard positions on ther line.Lets at least address one of them instead of sitting on our hands.

My feeling on it is this....

I would also like to see what Gates can do...BUT...if the team is not going to give him a chance to get on the field then I dont want to see the backup being Shawd Williams....

Maurice Morris is a proven commodity.....so at least he has a CHANCE of getting on the field behind Magehee....and Morris is a very good player

Competition is great, but we can't keep allocating $$$ to the QB and RB postions just so the "better man" can win, without putting anything toward upgrading the O-line.  And I can't see Marv wanting to push aside two #1 draft choices so quickly without having set foot on the field in 2006.

637275[/snapback]

As far as I know, the big name offensive linemen have signed elsewhere. Not that there were very many to begin with. Clearly, the Bills' line is a disaster, but the draft may provide a much richer opportunity to upgrade it than this year's free agent crop has. The Bills can make their draft opportunities even richer by trading away players such as Moulds.

I like the possible addition of Morris based on the fact that i have kept an eye on him while he was in Seattle. He hits the hole quickly and doesn't dance before he gets there. He is the north-south runner Antwain Smith was supposed to be, we should just not get Bishop Harris to "f" this one up for us too.

There is a ton of value of having your top two RBs run with different styles. Morris gets through the holes fast, taking what he can when he can. McGahee is obviously much more of a dance-and-go kind of guy. being able to change up the styles focres DTs to think more, which is not always their strong point.

Check out Morris' interview on BB.com (The Bills Vision One).  Is it just me or does he come off as completely uninterested in the Bills?

637926[/snapback]

i agree with you man! he was a complete d!ck during the interview. he really does not seem interested in being a Bill.