To all who say 7 games isn't enough to judge JP

Destroyed Todd Collins???  Give it up man, he just sucks moose balls.

636952[/snapback]

Yet he still plays in the NFL? 12 years of NFL paychecks so there must be something there. Who knows? If he was drafted by a coach who could cultivate QB's? You just never know. :devil:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'll believe Marv knows alot about young QBs when he actually selects and develops one.

636950[/snapback]

Yeah, and Tom Donahoe really did a great job of selecting QB's right? He sucked at it with the Steelers and he is not doing well here.

We just got rid of Tom Donahoe because most fans thought he did a bad job, but now fans are going to battle for a guy that Donahoe drafted, who so far, has not shown anything to get excited about in his play or in his intangibles. Even if he only has 8 starts, he is still an unproven Donahoe guy. It doesnt make sense to keep on going with the guy if we all feel Donahoe failed as a GM.

Why try and mold one of Donahoes projects? We need to throw it away and start over.

I really do not understand some of my fellow Bills fans.

Yeah, and Tom Donahoe really did a great job of selecting QB's right?  He sucked at it with the Steelers and he is not doing well here.

We just got rid of Tom Donahoe because most fans thought he did a bad job, but now fans are going to battle for a guy that Donahoe drafted, who so far, has not shown anything to get excited about in his play or in his intangibles.  Even if he only had 8 starts, he is still an unproven Donahoe guy. It doesnt make sense to keep on going with the guy if we all feel Donahoe failed as a GM. 

Why try and mold one of Donahoes projects?  We need to throw it away and start over.

I really do not understand some of my fellow Bills fans.

636985[/snapback]

Well, because some live in the real world, understand there are also business decisions involved, know what a cluster !@#$ the team has been coaching and management wise for the last couple years, have a QB that never got to develop any kind of rythm in a screwed up offense and pretty much don't have a clue as to what he might or might not do in a different offense. Just my opinion, but cutting him like last week is one of the more ignorant things I've heard on the board yet.

To top it off, most saying to do that want to draft another QB :devil: that hasn't played a single down in the NFL, good or bad.

I really don't understand some of my fellow Bills fans.

"Sorry, dude, but Eli Manning has put up better numbers than Losman"

"Sorry dude, but when Drew Brees was labeled, as you put it, "a total bust" he was putting up numbers that were far superior to Losman's. No comparison."

"But this simply shows how aggregate stats can obscure the real story."

"Again, I'm not interested in aggregate stats."

My point exactly, as you clearly contradict yourself again. Face it, you are wrong, dude. Eli did not put up better numbers than JP. Interesting how you keep quoting numbers and stats, and then when u are wrong you state you aren't interested in stats. :devil:

"JP's performance last year was *NOT* typical of the early struggles of QB's that go on to future success, but was, in fact, substantially worse."

Please enlighten us with several examples, and define what you mean by 'typical' for a QB starting in his 1st year.

"his first numbers bear some similarities to Elway's rookie numbers, for example"

"Again, I'm not interested in aggregate stats."

-- but then you go quoting stats of Elway, but aren't interested in stats. :)

OK, so the bottom line is that you would have cut Elway also? And probably Aikman too. BRILLIANT!!

As for the plan at QB for the Bills, I actually think we're on the same page. You said you are all for letting him develop, but if he doesn't get any better he will sit on the bench. That is my point exactly. He might be Elway or he might be Akili Smith....or something in between. Fact is we don't know, and the only way to find out is for him to play. Cutting him would be, possibly, the dumbest move in the history of pro sports.

IMO, JP has to win the job going into this year. If he can't beat out Holcomb and Nall, he shouldn't be the starter. But Holcomb is not the answer, and is a temporary band aid for a life threatening hemorrhage.

636997[/snapback]

Hold your breath until you turn blue and start seeing stars, or inhale a can of spray paint while you're typing your next post. Then you'll start understanding the logic of some people here.

Well, because some live in the real world, understand there are also business decisions involved, know what a cluster !@#$ the team has been coaching and management wise for the last couple years, have a QB that never got to develop any kind of rythm in a screwed up offense and pretty much don't have a clue as to what he might or might not do in a different offense. Just my opinion, but cutting him like last week is one of the more ignorant things I've heard on the board yet.

To top it off, most saying to do that want to draft another QB  :devil:  that hasn't played a single down in the NFL, good or bad.

636997[/snapback]

Losman was rated high by the Rams, Packers, and Bills. Funny thing is, all those coaching staffs have been fired since, although Fairchild was the Rams O Coordinator.

Th eonly reason people want to keep Losman now is to save their own asses from looking like complete fools. They have been for Losman since day one, basically because of what Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey have said about the guy.

Losman is not Levy's guy or Jauron's guy. Losman has had a history of comming off like an ass to some poeple. If Levy and Jaron have that sort of reaction to Losman, he will not be a Buffalo Bill for long.

Eli did not put up better numbers than JP. 

Eli showed statistical improvement in a way that JP did not. I don't know how many more ways I can say it.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your taking my quotes out of context, and leave it at that.

Please enlighten us with several examples, and define what you mean by 'typical' for a QB starting in his 1st year.

Scroll up for my comparison of Manning's, Palmer's, Brees', etc.'s stats in the first year of starting.

OK, so the bottom line is that you would have cut Elway also?  And probably Aikman too.  BRILLIANT!!

Aikman at least completed 50% of his passes.

As for the plan at QB for the Bills, I actually think we're on the same page.  You said you are all for letting him develop, but if he doesn't get any better he will sit on the bench.  That is my point exactly.  He might be Elway or he might be Akili Smith....or something in between.  Fact is we don't know, and the only way to find out is for him to play.  Cutting him would be, possibly, the dumbest move in the history of pro sports.

IMO, JP has to win the job going into this year.  If he can't beat out Holcomb and Nall, he shouldn't be the starter. 

I don't know where this idea that I am convinced that we should cut JP is coming from..... You're reading a bit more into my opinions of JP than I have actually said.

JDG

Losman was rated high by the Rams, Packers, and Bills.  Funny thing is, all those coaching staffs have been fired since, although Fairchild was the Rams O Coordinator.

Th eonly reason people want to keep Losman now is to save their own asses from looking like complete fools.  They have been for Losman since day one, basically because of what Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey have said about the guy.

Losman is not Levy's guy or Jauron's guy.  Losman has had a history of comming off like an ass to some poeple.  If Levy and Jaron have that sort of reaction to Losman, he will not be a Buffalo Bill for long.

637009[/snapback]

I'm not arguing that part, and think that could be the bigger factor in his being around. He also may have been humbled by last year, and maybe come in with a new attitude. Since you bring it up, some of the same people who have brought that kind of thing up would have been happy to sign T. Owens. Still, he is a first round draft choice with a contract that makes him cheaper to keep than to cut. I haven't heard much believable discussion on just what kind of offense the new trust wants to run. He could fit quite well, or suck. Point is, no one knows. Who's coming up FA next year? I just can't see trying to build a new team around ANOTHER rookie QB who may or may not be able to play at the NFL level, in Buffalo of all places. Not exactly a dome or southern California weather.

Losman was rated high by the Rams, Packers, and Bills.  Funny thing is, all those coaching staffs have been fired since, although Fairchild was the Rams O Coordinator.

Gee, and every one of them is already hired or has been offered OC jobs (two of them by the BILLS).

Th eonly reason people want to keep Losman now is to save their own asses from looking like complete fools.  They have been for Losman since day one, basically because of what Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey have said about the guy.

Yeah, that's it.

Losman is not Levy's guy or Jauron's guy.  Losman has had a history of comming off like an ass to some poeple.  If Levy and Jaron have that sort of reaction to Losman, he will not be a Buffalo Bill for long.

637009[/snapback]

Jim Kelly had the same knock and it was bad enough that his NFL teammate called him out in the media. Every NFL lockeroom has players who fit that label (as does every team sport). Hopefully no one in the BILLS' organization has such pathetic criteria.

Am I the only one who thinks that VABills and JDG continue to progress this thread because they have no other leg to stand on other than:

"Losman sucks, because after 8 whole starts, he's shown he can't get the job done."

Face it, you're arguing for the sake of arguing. You know a majority of the people on this board support the idea of DEVELOPING a young QB instead of seeing your losses and cutting loose and you're just here to strike a nerve.

People of the Wall, let's not further debate this point until training camp when JP, Kelly and Craig come back from their summer vacations and ready to fight for your job.

Once the Bills pick an opening day QB, we can all get back to second guessing the decision, regardless of who's behind the center.

Very good thread...I agree completely! He's had plenty of time to mature and get his sh-- together. If he doesn't have it, then i'm sure the Bills front office will let the axe fall. I still don't understand people's "connection" to JP. He's had 2 great quarters so far...and countless horrible others. I hope he does get it together but if not...Please give it up...another TD disaster.

636683[/snapback]

Christ....

Then this team should just stop wasting its time drafting players and just sign god damn veterans.....

Aikman at least completed 50% of his passes. 

637018[/snapback]

Whats with your hardon for completion percentage? look at his numbers. He was 116-233. That means if he had completed 1 more pass, his completion percentage would have OVER your 50% line. So according to your brilliant ideas, if JP takes a sack instead of throwing the ball away 1 time, his completion % would be over 50% and your pathetic arguements wouldnt mean sh--. But then you'd b!tch that Jp took too many sacks or something.

When the moron train comes thru town, i usually keep away from the train station. But you've apparently donned the conductors hat.

Players are cut in training camp every year with a lot less opportunities than JP has already received in 2+ years in Buffalo.  Does that mean that every guy cut is a mistake?  JP has been here long enough for Dick Jauron & Marv Levy to at least be able to form some kind of opinion on him from film, talking with him & talking with his teammates.  If after pre season ends & Jauron decides he's seen enough to let JP go, nobody should be saying he didn't get a fair shot.  27 players will get cut, many of them with a lot less data than the Bills have on JP. 

I hope it doesn't come to this, but if JP is cut, and Jauron & Marv agree, it won't be because of an evaluation that was too abrupt.  Sometimes, it's easy to spot a bust.  If JP is cut, I can guarantee that he'll never be a quality starter in the NFL.

636669[/snapback]

Vince is the sh--.

There is a world of difference between cutting a 1st round draft pick and a 7th rounder or UDFA.  No one gets cut in the NFL without a battery of data from high school, college, combines, scouts and interviews.  Data isn't the problem, talent and potential are more critical.

636675[/snapback]

Exactly. And when you add a 1st round pick who got jerked around by a bad coach behind a terrible line it is even more true. There is nobody who we can pencil in for this season with a better upside/downside than JP. He is not a guarantee, but he is better chance than any of his replacement options at the moment, and after 16 starts next season we can stay the course or change horses in the off season.

Nah, you've crusaded for Aaron Brooks in the past.

636941[/snapback]

Yeah way to take everything out of context, moron. What I !@#$ing said was, Aaron Brooks and his single digit IQ are better then either of our QB's. Where the !@#$ does that constitute crusading for Aaron Brooks? I guess only in the land of pink !@#$ing bunnies and green !@#$ing goats where you seem to reside. But keep going your on a roll. :devil:

Following this logic Peyton Manning and of course Eli , and Brett Farve , as well as many other starting QB's would have been cut before their carreers had started. Face it folks JP needs some more time in the oven before we find out whether he turns to steel or just plain Pig Iron.

Yeah way to take everything out of context, moron.  What I !@#$ing said was, Aaron Brooks and his single digit IQ are better then either of our QB's.  Where the !@#$ does that constitute crusading for Aaron Brooks?  I guess only in the land of pink !@#$ing bunnies and green !@#$ing goats where you seem to reside.  But keep going your on a roll.  :devil:

637146[/snapback]

Yeah, and DDC is better than SPR. You da man. Your ridiculous opinions are nearly as consistant as your infatuation with everyone else's sexuality.

Yeah, and DDC is better than SPR.  You da man.  Your ridiculous opinions are nearly as consistant as your infatuation with everyone else's sexuality.

637298[/snapback]

Yeah since opinions that are different then your are so stupid. Wow, you're the man. Some day maybe I too can be like you, a moron you complains about everyone elses opinions.

I wish I knew everything like you do, I would be as rich as Bill Gates, and as revered as Albert Einstein for my intelligence. Since obviously you are on that level, of all knowing and all seeing. Why don't you share with us commoners on occassion? :devil: