I'm just curious. How many posters have ANY Div I

While I'm thinking about it, I just thought of another (more funny than informational) situation where this knowledge helped out: in pick-up football I play with my residents here at Pitt on Saturdays.

Usually, there's about 20+ of us, so we can play a full 11-on-11 game with subs. From about early Jan or so, when I play with em, I usually run the defense and a little of the offense of our side. On D, which shocked the heck out of me, we ran a cover two in the tampa mode we want to run here. I was quite amazed to see that with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds we were able to not only run it effectively (with relatively balanced teams against each other) and get a number of turnovers that "just happened".

After the first week we ran it I thought it was just coincidence, but since we've used it the games went from being lopsided depending on who got the "good qb" out of the 20+ of us, to my team winning 4 straight with a revolving qb.

Now, this is just silly backyard football with a bunch of kids (me at 24 being the oldest) messing around and enjoying a sport we love. But I can now imagine how well an "offensive" defense like that can work for a lean mean fighting machine like TKO, or Fletch or heck even Posey (though I think Crowell may be more of a better fit should we use more zone than last year) will look in this. Or for someone like me with only marginal speed being able to play safety or mlb because I can read where the Qb's going to throw.

I think on Defense, once the coaches finish looking at each player and then evaluating how they fit or who they need to get to fit, we'll see a very fast, very aggressive team like Marv's been saying. The only problem as I see it is over-aggressiveness, or like Gray used to say "trying to do someone else's job". If our safeties play smart and don't bite on the playaction, that goes a long way to stopping the plays that make Brady (and Manning) thorns in the side of defenses, either over the middle or deep.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph discussed me working for the bills this year as possible president but I turned him down cause he was not offering good money since Ralph is so cheap like its well known here.

He also said he refused to sign any of the coaches that everyone wanted here cause then people in Buffalo would be happy and he likes it when the bills lose.

By the way, I have a shuffle board game with the group tomorrow during the day, when people think they shold be out having interviews signing free agants.

And my cousin at the airport said the reason the Bills aren't good is because Ralph won't pay for players to come in on planes, only busses so he says he probably won't have the scoop on Bills FA

me , zero .........is marv awake ,foot ball god ..... time to send him away . he is no bills fan  :lol:

635407[/snapback]

Right. Because my opinion doesn't match yours I must not be a fan :doh: You must be Republican.

I don't have a coaching back ground. But I'll tell you what I do have. I have as much NFL GM experience as Marv does. From what I see. The only thing Marv has that I don't which got Marv the job was Ralph's phone number.

Come on Pro-Marv guys. Bring it on baby. Instead of attacking the posts and the posters. Bring the reasons why Marv should be GM. I have yet to see one other then Ralph's friendship. You know why? There are none.

If I'm a fan how can I question what the Bills are doing? Because I am a fan. I Care. I care enough to point out the flaws in this team. When a completly unqualified man is given control of the team. Your damn right I'm going to raise some hell. It was time for this franchise to go forward. You can't go forward when your looking behind to your past. Let the past go.

Well, I've been to every home play-off games in the early 90's, and several regular season games, EXCEPT the greatest come back game(aargh)! The only reason I didn't go to that game was my buddy is a diehard Houston fan and he was so sure that they were going to win. I must admit, I thought we were going to lose too. I live(d) in Rochester, born and bred, and my buddy was even willing to pay for the tickets and drive both ways. I didn't have the stomach to put up with his mouth up and back AND during the whole game. Needless to say when I turned on the radio to hear the game, oh I almost forgot about the misery of the game being blacked out, I just about had a stroke! So you see, I am the prototypical Bill fan. My fortune has always mirrored the team's. Since then I moved to SW Florida and I have attended several games at Miami and Tampa. Most have been with the Bills involved, some have not. Matter of fact, I was in the endzone at this last Miami/Buffalo game, and much to my horror, got to see us lose in the last minute right in front of my face. The only good thing, other than Evans having a monster game, was I was sitting right next to a very drunk Miami idiot who was screaming in my ear the WHOLE game. I really thought that we were going to land up into a brawl but the good news was that he got so discouraged by mid 4th quarter that he moved to another section.

These are some of my miseries and mistakes that I have made with being loyal to the Bills. I know that I am only one of many who have had their heart broken with this organization but I still love 'em and support 'em just like so many of us. I'd be interested in other fans heartbreak stories with this team. We may not like or agree with each other on this board but we ALL do belong to the same fraternity and cause and that is we are BUFFALO BILLS' FANS to the bitter end!

I coached the Bengals in the 1993 season.

But I don't think that counts.

635542[/snapback]

Now you manage steak houses for your dad...it could be worse...or Worcester Sauce

With the talent you had, 3-13 is pretty damn good.

I'll start with me first. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch. I'm sure that this doesn't come as a shock to the masses on this board. I go thru spurts with my posts. It's usually is based on how I'm feeling that particular day. The majority, if not all, of my information comes from the internet, newspaper, that damn addictive ESPN and it's scroll, idiots at work and from some of our fellow posters. Surprised? Just a gut feeling but I'm sure you're not. I'm just an armchair QB wannabe who lobs on the couch agonizing over the misfortunes of my favorite team, the Buffalo Bills. I'm ALWAYS trying to devise and conjure up any conceivable way to help to improve MY team. I'm sooo sick and tired of the last several years. I tried to see the good of what this organization and it's administers were doing. I even disagreed at times, matter of fact, I was even right once in awhile! By the way, did you ever play pin the tail on the donkey? I won that once or twice too! Even when I don't enter a post I still read this board faithfully. I'm not intending to offend anyone but I do see alot of posters like me on this board. So before we all burn Marv, Jauron and the first born of our newly aquired "depth" FAs, can we let this thing play out alittle bit before we write this season off? Thanks, I appreciate your time to read this much too honest confession.

PS. For the ones who REALLY do have the experience that I asked for in the title of this post, could you be nice enough to give your professional input? Us diehards really need to have some accurate perspective. Thanks again everybody and I hope that WE all have a very satisfying season.

635401[/snapback]

I played a lot of sandlot, and litle league, right up into high school. I collected footbal cards, read football magazines, watched games with my Dad and my uncles, went to games at "The Rockpile" and at "Rich Stadium"and talked football at the barber shop. All of this training in my youth qualifies me to too know the game better than Marv, Modrak, Jauron, and the rest of the staff.

I played a lot of sandlot, and litle league, right up into high school. I collected footbal cards,  read football magazines, watched games with my Dad and my uncles, went to games at "The Rockpile" and at "Rich Stadium"and talked football at the barber shop.  All of this training in my youth qualifies me to too know the game better than Marv, Modrak, Jauron, and the rest of the staff.

635547[/snapback]

I killed your barber, too.

Right. Because my opinion doesn't match yours I must not be a fan :doh: You must be Republican.

I don't have a coaching back ground. But I'll tell you what I do have. I have as much NFL GM experience as Marv does. From what I see. The only thing Marv has that I don't which got Marv the job was Ralph's phone number. 

Come on Pro-Marv guys. Bring it on baby. Instead of attacking the posts and the posters. Bring the reasons why Marv should be GM. I have yet to see one other then Ralph's friendship. You know why? There are none.

If I'm a fan how can I question what the Bills are doing? Because I am a fan. I Care. I care enough to point out the flaws in this team. When a completly unqualified man is given control of the team. Your damn right I'm going to raise some hell. It was time for this franchise to go forward. You can't go forward when your looking behind to your past. Let the past go.

635539[/snapback]

crash and burn , you say you know nothing about foot ball but marv is a !@#$ . the team has not hit the field yet and you are sure it is not going to work . last post to your crap mr football god . i hope you go back to where you came from and cheer for your teem because you do not sound like a bills fan . bye have a good day with the fish .

crash and burn , you say you know nothing about foot ball but marv is a !@#$ . the team has not hit the field yet and you are sure it is not going to work . last post to your crap mr football god . i hope you go back to where you came from and cheer for your teem because you do not sound like a bills fan . bye have a good day with the fish .

635598[/snapback]

Wow. 4,146 posts. :lol:

Doesn't leave much time for a girlfriend? :lol:

But I guess it would be hard with your parents knocking on the basement door all the time. :doh:

Wow. 4,146 posts.  :lol:

Doesn't leave much time for a girlfriend?  :lol:

But I guess it would be hard with your parents knocking on the basement door all the time.  :doh:

635628[/snapback]

So says the guy who is averaging nearly 26 posts a day :D

So says the guy who is averaging nearly 26 posts a day  :doh:

635633[/snapback]

And all about the same subject. Must have missed this part of the Terms of Service:

Do NOT post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

PS. Chalkie Gerzowski and apuszczalowski, how in the world did Ralph missed putting you two on the coaching staff and as a administrator is beyond me! He MUST be a senile old man. Your two responses were hysterical! Thanks. I have one last question (plea!) for /dev/null. Can you ask your cousin at the airport just what the hell is wrong with this team?!!! Thanks again. Peace.

635484[/snapback]

I was lucky enough to have Mike Williams (OT) actually develop, AND I retained the services of one Jonas Jennings. The drafting of All-Pro, All-Universe Offensive Guard Alex Elliott has gone a long way in solidfying the offensive line.

My offense is so good, I let JP take the controls one year, and I believe he threw over 80 touchdown passes. Barely rushed the ball at all. Willis McGahee was injured most of the year and Fred Fraud Taylor stepped in admirably. Believe it or not, Mark Campbell was a major receiving threat over the middle. I dispatched the aging Eric Moulds and went with a tandem of Lee Evans and Brett Drake. Another year I allowed Willis McGahee to carry the load and then some, to a tune of over 3,000 rushing yards.

I don't think a guy driving around in a beat up Ford Taurus can comprehend the utter greatness that was or is his team.

:doh:

Wow. 4,146 posts.  :lol:

Doesn't leave much time for a girlfriend?  :lol:

But I guess it would be hard with your parents knocking on the basement door all the time.  :doh:

635628[/snapback]

Yeah you should talk dip sh-- at the rate your going in a year you'll be up to 14,965. Crusade on jerk off.

Played D1 on a team where P-FUNK (aka Perry Fewell) was on the coaching staff. shocked the crap out of me when I heard that P-funk was going to be D-Coordinator--did even realize that he was coaching in the NFL. FTR, P. Fewell was the D-back coach and our Defense sucked. Offensive lead the nation in rushing and yes I was an OLineman thank you very much. Now I am a has been who posts on TBD thank you very much.

Any chance of you elaborating more on Perry Fewell? You stated that the defense sucked. How much was Fewell responsible for? Based on what you know of him, do you think that he will be more of a plus or a minus for us? I'm hoping that P-FUNK doesn't equate into the Bills being a B-FUNK. Another underacheiving season would be devastating. Thanks for your input.