What do you do for a living?

DC Mom

I am interested in people's careers and how they got there. Part of this probably comes from some unhappiness of where I am now.

633360[/snapback]

I think we all get that at one time or another. I'm looking at making a change myself. More me than the job, though.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many seem to quit being a chef. Is it the hours or something?

633358[/snapback]

Well.. This is prbably something I could get into for hours, but I won't. It's not out of the question for me to work 70 hours one week and then 50 the next (minimum). It's a rollercoaster really. The stress, hours and industry or market changes which effect us daily. Alot of chefs never fall back on something other than food and they just get burnt from it (hobby or something of that nature). You really do have to have passion, bullet proof skin and/or drive to better your self daily to be that much better than the competition. I Love it. A true chef isn't just an embassador of food he's a teacher, shrink and a referee.

Steinlager rocks!!! Can finally get it here in Atlanta.

Errr... I'm a Procurement Management/Project Engineer for a large Atlanta based soft drink company that shall go nameless.

632972[/snapback]

I have several good friends who work for that nameless company. I too am in the Dirty South. BTW, I am a Software Sales rep for a large network security organization.

Well..  This is prbably something I could get into for hours, but I won't.  It's not out of the question for me to work 70 hours one week and then 50 the next (minimum).  It's a rollercoaster really.  The stress, hours and industry or market changes which effect us daily.  Alot of chefs never fall back on something other than food and they just get burnt from it (hobby or something of that nature).  You really do have to have passion, bullet proof skin and/or drive to better your self daily to be that much better than the competition.  I Love it.  A true chef isn't just an embassador of food he's a teacher, shrink and a referee.

633373[/snapback]

Does it affect how you eat? I worked at a grocery store in high school. I ended up losing weight (I was skinny to begin with) b/c the sight of food didn't make me hungry anymore.