OMG! The Browns are going to be SO much better.

The_Real

Bentley, shaffer and Jurevicious to help the O.

Big Ted and Willie McGhinest on the D.

If we could have only gotten that type of production from our front office. They are going to be the team we should be.

I'm cheering for the browns secretely this year.

T_R

If we could have only gotten that type of production from our front office.  They are going to be the team we should be. 

T_R

631349[/snapback]

I've sort of been watching that. They might get good fast. Have to see what they do with the draft.

You have to be kidding? Big Ted did nothing in Oakland the last 2 years and will be 39 when the season starts. Willie McGinst will be 35, at the start of the season. I bet neither finish the season. Also look at the money they got, neither is worth that much.

I do like some of the other signings though I still can not see them getting over .500 in their division.

If we could have only gotten that type of production from our front office.  They are going to be the team we should be. 

T_R

631349[/snapback]

I agree that they have signed some good players but just because they signed them doesnt mean they are going to be better next year....Who is their QB? and how good is Frye?

the Raiders were supposed to be much better last year and the Redskins are supposed to be so much better every year...just doesnt always work that way. The Mets always seem to sign a bunch of players and they are rarely any better then a .500 ballclub

I think Bentley will help them, but Shaffer might turn out to be a downgrade for them. Jurevicius isn't a #1 WR so they downgrade there as well. On defense, I can't say what Fat Ted has left. I thought that the Bills could get him for $1.5M a year and that whatever they DID get out of him would be gravy, but I can't see hom getting $3.5M and earning it. McGinest still has plenty left in the tank, unless you believe that the Patriots always get rid of their players just before they hit the fan.

T_R

631349[/snapback]

Just because they're names we recognize doesn't mean they're a playoff team yet. I live about an hour away from Cleveland, so we get a lot of coverage here. The signings have genereated a lot of chatter, but no knowledgable Browns fan is planning for the playoffs.

T_R

631349[/snapback]

And all the free agents Tom Donahoe brought in every year produced *how many* playoff berths?

Goood for the Browns - they're the winners of March this year in the NFL. Too bad they don't actually play any games in March.....

You have to be kidding? Big Ted did nothing in Oakland the last 2 years and will be 39 when the season starts. Willie McGinst will be 35, at the start of the season. I bet neither finish the season. Also look at the money they got, neither is worth that much.

I do like some of the other signings though I still can not see them getting over .500 in their division.

631377[/snapback]

Ditto. They're commiting too much money for guys that won't be around for long. I mean, 6 mil for big Ted!!?? I love the guy, but, how much more production can you squeeze out of his old body and McGinest is on the down side of his career. Ya gotta appreciate Crennel's loyalty, but I don't believe it is a good strategy fo a team that doesn't have the talent to win now.

If the Browns suck, will that stop the complaints about free agents we dont sign in the future??

631403[/snapback]

No, not really. It's all relative. They Browns sucked ass last year. They definately got better with these players. However, this division is finally good from top to bottom. Sadly for them, with how good Cincy, Pitt, and Balt are, the Browns may still finish last, but will be much improved over where they were.

This is by far, now, the best divsion in football.

T_R

631349[/snapback]

Check back with me at week 12. I am a Big Ted fan but he is 39 and hasn't done much in years. I'm skeptical.

Shaffer could be an average tackle.

Jurevicious is feared by no one. Not an impact player.

Bently is a stud ... and how many impact centers have lead their team to the super bowl?

The Browns are unfortunate to be way under the cap and I think they are overpaying for every one of these guys. Wait two years when Ted and Willie go belly up and the Brownies start purging to deal with the dead cap money.

No, not really.  It's all relative.  They Browns sucked ass last year.  They definately got better with these players.  However, this division is finally good from top to bottom.  Sadly for them, with how good Cincy, Pitt, and Balt are, the Browns may still finish last, but will be much improved over where they were.

This is by far, now, the best divsion in football.

631553[/snapback]

Better on paper.

Baltimore was supposed to be good last year with the moves they made, Rolle and Mason.

Moss and Lamont Jordan were supposed to make Oakland explosive.

Santana Moss for Coles was supposed to be a steal for the Jets.

The Entire Browns DL going to Denver was called dumb.

The Vikings were a lock for the playoffs after signing Sharper, Pat Williams, and Fred Smoot.

The Bears were supposed to finish last in the NFC North.

The Bills need to get back to drafting good, thats how they were successful. Signing free agents is fun to talk about, but the real stuff happens during the draft.