I can't believe we didn't resign Pat Williams.

If you go to Takeo's website and go to the Q/A forum with Takeo..someone asks him what one player he wants lining up on his side on Sundays. His answer....Pat Williams. I thought for sure he'd say Fletch; just shows me the amount of respect everyone on our defense had for Pat. Pat was always one of my favorite Bills but I never really fully appreciated him untill last year when he wasn't here.

If you go to Takeo's website and go to the Q/A forum with Takeo..someone asks him what one player he wants lining up on his side on Sundays.  His answer....Pat Williams.  I thought for sure he'd say Fletch; just shows me the amount of respect everyone on our defense had for Pat.  Pat was always one of my favorite Bills but I never really fully appreciated him untill last year when he wasn't here.

631173[/snapback]

I bet if you went to Tom Donahoe's website- he wouldwish the same.

For such a hard position to fill, he was a gamer.

631159[/snapback]

What's coming up next week - and I can't believe we didn't sign Will Wolford post?

What I'm saying is - ain't this kind of old news?

I remember when he stopped the elusive one, Chad Pennington.

:lol:

631460[/snapback]

That's an awfully crappy memory. But I discovered that when a Jets fan brings up that topic, it's the ideal time to bring up the time Dan Marino pulled the fake spike at the two or three yard line. He goes to the line, points to the ground repeatedly like he's going to spike the ball, and everyone on the field wearing Jet green that moment stopped playing, waiting for the ball to hit the ground and stop the clock.

Chad may have juked Eddie, but Marino juked the entire Jets defense.

I am still trying to get over the Bills letting Joe Cribbs go to the USFL!  And now this! :lol:

631458[/snapback]

Ha!! I still remember the espn telecast after Cribbs left, with Berman projecting bad things for the Bills in the near future. 0:) Just reminiscing.

Just another spectacular HOF move by TD. With the cap going up to over $100+ million, 4 years/$13 mil for Pat was a freaking bargain. That's why the Bills are in the position they are in now. Thanks again TD.

Chad may have juked Eddie, but Marino juked the entire Jets defense.

631509[/snapback]

Yeah, and Hardy juked all of TBD with the news of Pat Williams resigning. 0:)

I thought he was still playing somewhere.

My bad. :lol:

I will have to say that of ALL of the mistakes that TD made, this is the one that I will have the hardest time forgiving, mainly because it was the one descision that I ABSOLUTELY could never justify.

You can still argue that the Bledsoe trade was a good one, and it certainly looked pretty good at the time (and for the first half year). Who would have guessed that Mike Williams would have been such a bust? Even with both coach hires, some of us thought that TD was bringing in up and comers. But letting Big Pat walk -- especially when the Vikings did not out and out overpay for him -- was just asinine.