Fat Arse Wiliams signs with

Thats the perfect fit for Mike...the laziest and most apathetic of all NFL teams gets the laziest and most apathetic O-Lineman available.

628493[/snapback]

Was he able to sign his entire name or did he get injured after "Michael Wi-"?

Was he able to sign his entire name or did he get injured after "Michael Wi-"?

628497[/snapback]

He was eating a Big Mac in the middle of the contract signing, hence why he couldnt get his name out.

Then he passed out and injured himself.

All joking aside, Mike seemed like a really nice guy...but damn, talk about a flop.

I just got off the phone with the good folks at the Homestyle Country Buffets corporate office about opening a new location across from Alltell stadium....when I told them my business plan....which consisted of Mike and Williams, they told me they'd send the corporate jet ASAP to get this thing off the ground as fast as possible....Del Rio says he wants him at around 340-350......we'll see about that

Yup, and Rueban Brown sucked when we cut him didn't.  Oh that's right he went to Chicago and has played some damn good guard for them.

628633[/snapback]

Here is the difference. Ruben Brown WAS good for a long time before we cut him. Has Mike Williams ever been good, or even remotely close to the Ruben Brown's level at ANY point in his career? Has he shown any sort of consistency for a #4 overall pick? Does that mean you think we should have kept him?

I agree that when a player leaves Buffalo, the Wall tends to bash the guy without much reason...but there are PLENTY of good reasons to bash Mike Williams for his terrible play here. The guy was a huge flop, plain and simple. Maybe he gets his career turned around, but I seriously doubt it.

Here is the difference.  Ruben Brown WAS good for a long time before we cut him.  Has Mike Williams ever been good, or even remotely close to the Ruben Brown's level at ANY point in his career?  Has he shown any sort of consistency for a #4 overall pick?  Does that mean you think we should have kept him?

I agree that when a player leaves Buffalo, the Wall tends to bash the guy without much reason...but there are PLENTY of good reasons to bash Mike Williams for his terrible play here.  The guy was a huge flop, plain and simple.  Maybe he gets his career turned around, but I seriously doubt it.

628641[/snapback]

Yeah for the reason Ganesh said. Before Williams was benched 6 100 yard games. After only 1. Everyone wants to hype Peters, but guess what he isn't very good right now, and may never be. But let's cut our best run blocking offensive linemen in Williams and Anderson. :P

To me the tell tale quote from Williams today was that he said he wanted to be the "dominant offensive tackle that I know I am". In other words, MW is satisfied with his current skills and grades himself at CURRENTLY being dominant -- not that he needs to work to GET to that point.

This tells me that the Jags are buying the same bag of goods that we just unloaded.

Again, what's missing is a matter of perspective.

Jags signed Williams for a likely decent salary to be their backup. Here he was paid as a starting LT. The two don't mix.

Given a choice, I'd be perfectly happy with M Williams still in Buffalo earning less than what Gandy is making...

To me the tell tale quote from Williams today was that he said he wanted to be the "dominant offensive tackle that I know I am".  In other words, MW is satisfied with his current skills and grades himself at CURRENTLY being dominant -- not that he needs to work to GET to that point.

This tells me that the Jags are buying the same bag of goods that we just unloaded.

628660[/snapback]

When MW played RT (and wasn't injured), he WAS a very good player. Watch the games. Unfortunately, he got injured quite a bit.

CW