Post your pic thread

Chilly

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By far your photo is the most different than I had pictured in my mind. Always thought you were an IT looking dude.

629759[/snapback]

the weird part about Frez is that he is actually that blurry in real life!

ajzepp, do you happen to sell real estate?

629836[/snapback]

I have a funny feeling that's a loaded question, but nope....I'm a Focker

I have a funny feeling that's a loaded question, but nope....I'm a Focker

629842[/snapback]

No, sorry... not a loaded question :( You just looked like a guy I would buy property from!

You're a nurse? Gotta give you props for that. I see a drop of blood and I'm out.

What are you, like 16? lol

629831[/snapback]

Add 10. But, no sh--, I get carded all the time by cashiers who say, "You look like you're about 19." Which I suppose is better than looking middle-aged (35 :().

And, I forgot to tell LanaK, that no, I will not be posing for Cosmo, even tho they keep asking.

No, sorry... not a loaded question :( You just looked like a guy I would buy property from!

You're a nurse? Gotta give you props for that. I see a drop of blood and I'm out.

629849[/snapback]

Oh okay, lol....I know you like to bust balls, so you can never be too sure. Though my status as an RN makes me more a target than if I were a real estate agent, I suppose :( I take a lot of ribbing, but I seriously wouldn't trade my career for anything. I'm sort of like you though.....except with me it has to be my blood. I am usually the guy other RNs and docs call when they can't get a stick, but God forbid someone stick me. When I had my blood test done before my marriage a few years back, I ended up on the floor....very embarrassing, lol. One of life's little ironies, I guess

Oh okay, lol....I know you like to bust balls, so you can never be too sure. Though my status as an RN makes me more a target than if I were a real estate agent, I suppose  :(    I take a lot of ribbing, but I seriously wouldn't trade my career for anything. I'm sort of like you though.....except with me it has to be my blood. I am usually the guy other RNs and docs call when they can't get a stick, but God forbid someone stick me. When I had my blood test done before my marriage a few years back, I ended up on the floor....very embarrassing, lol. One of life's little ironies, I guess

629856[/snapback]

People bust your balls for being a nurse? I suppose reverse-sexism will be acceptable for a couple more decades... and it's only that way because your field has historically employed more women than men. To me, Doctors and nurses are up there with soldiers as far as the respect meter. Anyway, the blood thing gets me no matter whose it is. When my mother was in a car accident a few years ago, she had a few dozen staples on her leg. I looked at it, and had to leave, take of my sweatshirt (got real hot) and had to sit down. I couldn't even look at my sisters IV when she was in the hospital having her baby.

People bust your balls for being a nurse? I suppose reverse-sexism will be acceptable for a couple more decades... and it's only that way because your field has historically employed more women than men. To me, Doctors and nurses are up there with soldiers  as far as the respect meter. Anyway, the blood thing gets me no matter whose it is. When my mother was in a car accident a few years ago, she had a few dozen staples on her leg. I looked at it, and had to leave, take of my sweatshirt (got real hot) and had to sit down. I couldn't even look at my sisters IV when she was in the hospital having her baby.

629873[/snapback]

Well I really appreciate you saying that.....I had some real ego issues to tackle at first (father is a very successful corporate executive, and I had the grades to pretty much go to whatever medical school I would have chosen), but it's a non-issue now. Especially being trained in an ICU environment, which I am, the docs honestly view you more as their peer than anything else. Most of the guys I work with are also former military medics, cops (2nd career), etc. I'm glad I swallowed my humility medicine a few years ago and took the plunge. But anyway, thanks for what you said....means a lot to hear that!

You actually sound a lot like my brother.....he really has a hard time with ANYTHING to do with wounds, the hospital, etc. The only time I've really been bothered by watching something was when I happened to be channel surfing and came across that program where they show the surgery in all its glory. I was okay until I found out that all the snipping they were doing was to carry out a vasectomy :(:(:P I got sick to my stomach and my nuts hurt for days :D

Add 10. But, no sh--, I get carded all the time by cashiers who say, "You look like you're about 19." Which I suppose is better than looking middle-aged (35 :().

And, I forgot to tell LanaK, that no, I will not be posing for Cosmo, even tho they keep asking.

629850[/snapback]

I get the same thing. Not too long ago I had someone think I was in high school. :(