not passing judgement, but if anyone thinks the

Oh come on, Moulds is trying to protect himself.    One of two things is going to happen to Eric Moulds:

1) He plays next season for the Buffalo Bills under his current contract

2) He is released by Buffalo and negotiates a new contract, either with the Bills or some other team, this season.

If option #2 comes to pass, Eric Moulds will make a lot more money if he is released today than if he is released in April, May, or June.   I think that Moulds is well within his right to read the writing on the wall, and try and protect his ability to land a job for the highest possible salary next year.   To call this "screwing the Bills" is beyond absurd.     If the Bills thought that a $7 mil salary was going to be too much for a 33 year-old WR then they should not have offered Eric Moulds a signing bonus for signing the contract!!!!

Isaac Bruce who has two more NFL seasons of wear and tear on his body than Moulds, is one year older, and who caught a mere 36 balls in 11 games last year, while missing five due to injury, just landed the following deal from St. Louis - 3 years, $15mil, including $6 mil in this year alone.     Bruce had been scheduled to earn $8.1 mil in salary with a $10 mil cap hit under his old contract.  

Kelly, your sense of the market for WR's is waaaay off the mark. 

From Eric Moulds' perspective he needs to look at things from the perspective of how much new money he can earn.    The signing bonus is completely water under the bridge, sure it counts as cap hit this year, but that's accounting - and it doesn't make the water any less under the bridge.   If Isaac Bruce can get $6 mil next year, Moulds has to think that there is at least a shot he can get at least the $7.1 million in new money he would be seeing this year under his contract for next year from a team like Philadelphia and Denver - and oh yes, if that happens, he'd have a lot better chance at playing in a Super Bowl.    All Moulds is asking for is the chance to find out if he can get that $7 million for next year before he just stuffs some money back into Ralph Wilson's well-lined pockets.  

JDG

628405[/snapback]

You are delusional. Eric Moulds has no 'rights' at this point. He is the property of the Bills, he's under contract, and we can negotiate and/or release him when we see fit. Not to mention the fact that he was a team cancer last year, took numerous plays off, and whined like a baby all while being paid far more than he was worth. Your sympathy for this guy is sickening. This is about the team, not EM.

You sound like EM himself, that, or his agent (seriously).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are delusional.  Eric Moulds has no 'rights' at this point.  He is the property of the Bills, he's under contract, and we can negotiate and/or release him when we see fit.  Not to mention the fact that he was a team cancer last year, took numerous plays off, and whined like a baby all while being paid far more than he was worth.  Your sympathy for this guy is sickening.  This is about the team, not EM.

628708[/snapback]

did he whine last year? i mean really? if so, can you provide a link?

Yeah really, people are pulling stuff outta their ass's saying he's a team cancer and a locker room a-hole...WHERE has ANY of his teammates said that? All these people getting all butt hurt cause he wants to play for a winner. You are the ones that sound like cry babies, not EMO.

Yeah really, people are pulling stuff outta their ass's saying he's a team cancer and a locker room a-hole...WHERE has ANY of his teammates said that? All these people getting all butt hurt cause he wants to play for a winner. You are the ones that sound like cry babies, not EMO.

628730[/snapback]

Right, so you think his 1 game suspension was for doing 'nothing', and if you can't read into his comments throughout the year about not wanting to play with JP, and then clearly dogging his routes under JP as very professional right? His comments about who the QB is are whining.

What you don't get, is that he has _no right_ to 'play for a winner' or anyone else for that matter. He's under contract, for a huge amount of money, if he didn't want to be here that long he shouldn't have signed that deal.

Right, so you think his 1 game suspension was for doing 'nothing', and if you can't read into his comments throughout the year about not wanting to play with JP, and then clearly dogging his routes under JP as very professional right?  His comments about who the QB is are whining.

What you don't get, is that he has _no right_ to 'play for a winner' or anyone else for that matter.  He's under contract, for a huge amount of money, if he didn't want to be here that long he shouldn't have signed that deal.

628742[/snapback]

but he *does* want to be hear provided the bills adhere to the contract they signed with him. the bills don't have any intention of doing that - which is their right given the structure of the system - so he wants out to go to place that will undoubtedly pay him more than what the bills would like to reduce his salary to.

/\yes! He wants to be a Buffalo Bill if they will pay him what his contract states! How is that so hard to understand? Why should he take less money to stay here? When our team is in disarray? If the Bills had the intentions to HONOR the contract I bet you wouldn't hear a peep outta EMO.

Right, so you think his 1 game suspension was for doing 'nothing', and if you can't read into his comments throughout the year about not wanting to play with JP, and then clearly dogging his routes under JP as very professional right?  His comments about who the QB is are whining.

What you don't get, is that he has _no right_ to 'play for a winner' or anyone else for that matter.  He's under contract, for a huge amount of money, if he didn't want to be here that long he shouldn't have signed that deal.

628742[/snapback]

But isn't it amazing that even then he retained the support of his teammates.....

but he *does* want to be hear provided the bills adhere to the contract they signed with him. the bills don't have any intention of doing that - which is their right given the structure of the system - so he wants out to go to place that will undoubtedly pay him more than what the bills would like to reduce his salary to.

628761[/snapback]

Wrong. How do you know the bills don't have any intention of keeping him under his current contract? You don't! They tried to renegotiate, which happens all the time, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't honour his current deal. It is the bills' right to cut or honour his deal, not EM's.

When has he said he *does* want to be here, under any contract?

Wrong.  How do you know the bills don't have any intention of keeping him under his current contract?  You don't!  They tried to renegotiate, which happens all the time, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't honour his current deal.  It is the bills' right to cut or honour his deal, not EM's. 

When has he said he *does* want to be here, under any contract?

628786[/snapback]

well, moulds has never said anything one way or the other, but his advisor basically said that things were looking up and that moulds wanted to stay in last friday's rochester d & c. negotiations then apparently fell apart. the link is on the home page if you're interested in seeing for yourself. don't deceive yourself either -- the bills have no intention of paying him what he is owed vis a vis his salary, and levy practically said as much close to a month ago.

just found out - david givens got an $8 million signing bonus. no way is he regarded as a better player than moulds. 

also, it appears the titans signed mawae. oh well.

628735[/snapback]

Well you can look at a signing bonus any way you want I suppose. That to me, is less than I thought he would get. Givens actual cap hit for this year is going to be probably less than three million. If they cut him after two years, which isn't likely unless he's a total flop, it will cost them about 11 million total. That's 5.5 a year. Moulds is on the books for 11 million this year alone and 8.7 million next year. If you just forget his signing bonus from years past, which only you and JDG seem to want to do, even though it was actual money AND it counts against you on the cap, over the next two years, Givins will take in about 11+ mil cash and Moulds will take in 14+ mil cash.

Whatever the Bills are thinking, I'd just as soon they cut bait with Moulds and do it sooner rather than later. It's not that I'm feeling charitable toward Moulds, I just think it's best to put it in the past as quickly as possible.

on the other hand, the eagles aren't cutting TO, and i strongly suspect that they're trying to screw him as hard as they possibly can. you can be sure that they will cut him, but only at a time that's inconvenient for owens.

628084[/snapback]

The reason that decision hasn't been made yet is because Owens' roster bonus isn't due until 5 days after free agency begins. They have no reason to release him earlier. Given what he did to them this year why should they do him any favors? The Eagles will release him today about 1 minute before that bonus comes due. Then T.O. can shop himself to whoever has money left.

The Bills are either gonna keep Moulds or trade him to a team who will restructure his deal, there's no reason for them to cut him outright. Now that the CBA is done another team can trade for him and re-do his deal to lower his number. In the same respect the Bills are more than able to keep him for as long as they wish. If we end up needed that extra cap room we cut him then but not until then. There's no reason to give away any asset you don't have to, especially when it still has value to others.

Don't underestimate the Eagles desire to get a WO right now, options are quickly drying up (they wanted Randle-El BAD) and if the Bills hang on to EM for awhile the Eagles might ship us a pick or two for his services.

this is business, that's what all the players say. Now EM doesn't like it when he doesn't get his way? Screw that. There is NO loyalty of players to their teams, why should the team do the player any favors?

What benefit do the bills get now by cutting him now? None. What is the upside of keeping him...you may have room for him afterall, even at this stupid salary. Or you might be able to use him as trade bait. If you need the cap space for something later, you can cut him at your leisure.

Well you can look at a signing bonus any way you want I suppose. That to me, is less than I thought he would get. Givens actual cap hit for this year is going to be probably less than three million. If they cut him after two years, which isn't likely unless he's a total flop, it will cost them about 11 million total. That's 5.5 a year. Moulds is on the books for 11 million this year alone and 8.7 million next year. If you just forget his signing bonus from years past, which only you and JDG seem to want to do, even though it was actual money AND it counts against you on the cap, over the next two years, Givins will take in about 11+ mil cash and Moulds will take in 14+ mil cash.

629229[/snapback]

wooah there. i've never brought up the cap ramifications of this, of which i care little. i've only been talking about what his actual salary will be for this upcoming season and what it looks like from his perspective. if he goes somewhere else and gets an $8 million bonus plus a $1 million base, then he'll be making $9 million next year. if the bills cut his salary to $4 million and he accepts, he'll make $4 million next year.

this is business, that's what all the players say.  Now EM doesn't like it when he doesn't get his way?  Screw that. There is NO loyalty of players to their teams, why should the team do the player any favors?

What benefit do the bills get now by cutting him now?  None.  What is the upside of keeping him...you may have room for him afterall, even at this stupid salary.  Or you might be able to use him as trade bait.  If you need the cap space for something later, you can cut him at your leisure.

629292[/snapback]

the one real benefit of cutting him now as opposed to later is future free agent signings. don't think that players - and especially their agents - don't think about that when they're listening to pitches from possible teams.

wooah there. i've never brought up the cap ramifications of this, of which i care little. i've only been talking about what his actual salary will be for this upcoming season and what it looks like from his perspective. if he goes somewhere else and gets an $8 million bonus plus a $1 million base, then he'll be making $9 million next year. if the bills cut his salary to $4 million and he accepts, he'll make $4 million next year.

629346[/snapback]

You're entitled to the opinion that previous bonuses mean zero. But that is a totally deluded POV under any circumstances. So you're under the impression that David Givens is worth 9 million this year, but only 3.5 million next year because that is what he is going to be paid in cash? So I suppose he will be grossly overpaid this year and grossly underpaid next year? When the common, normal, legitimate way to look at it is how much they actually get paid in the year with their bonus and their salary. Mike Williams was underpaid two years ago when he only made 700K right? I thought he was a bust? And man, that Peyton Manning is getting totally hosed this year. His salary is 1 million dollars! For the best player in the league! And he only gets like 1.6 million next year. Todd Collins makes more than Manning!

K-9, if you're disappointed by classless punks, then being a fan of the nfl must be a grueling experience for you. i'd say they comprise well over half the league.

as for moulds, the most vicious thing i ever saw him do is literally almost break sam madison's neck after madison intercepted a pass in the 98 playoff game.  he grabbed his facemask from behind and twisted, deliberately trying ed to hurt him badly.

628694[/snapback]

I was just explaining to cantankerous why Moulds was a classless punk. He used the phrase.

I've never been disappointed by a classless punk in my life. Only by those that I've held high esteem for that turned into classless punks. Kinda like Moulds. He isn't worth a minute's worry by me anymore. But the Bills team is. And that's why I want this locker room cancer removed. He's nothing more than an entrenched vet with declining skills that needs to make way for the new young turks. Just like it's always been. Like it always will be.

And I'll say it again: I don't care if he catches 20 TDs and has 1800 yards next year. Even for NE or Miami. He's not a team guy for US anymore. Time for him to go.

GO BILLS!!!