Wow! The Wide Receivers are flying off the board

I was bored, so I was checking out the FA tracker on ESPN and noticed that what was a somewhat deep WR group has pretty much emptied out. Unless Marv Levy has David Givens or Nate Burleson in here today, it's looking more and more like Eric Moulds is going to stay. Check this out...

Koren Robinson, Antwaan Randle El, Brandon Lloyd, Issac Bruce, Antonio Bryant, Joe Jurevicious, Corey Bradford, Andre Davis, Brian Finneran, Kelley Washington are ALL GONE!

All that is left is David Givens (he's the one guy I want the most), Nate Burleson (RFA), Kevin Curtis (RFA), Reche Caldwell (I'd take him in Buffalo), Jabar Gaffney, Shaun McDonald, Peter Warrick, Rod Gardner (I'd take him in Buffalo too, he's a big guy), Troy Brown, Quincy Morgan, Az Hakim, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Eddie Drummond, Troy Edwards, Ike Hilliard, Dez White, Antonio Chatman, Johnnie Morton, and some more bums.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=1

Peter Warrick, Rod Gardner (I'd take him in Buffalo too, he's a big guy), Troy Brown, Quincy Morgan, Az Hakim, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Eddie Drummond, Troy Edwards, Ike Hilliard, Dez White, Antonio Chatman, Johnnie Morton, and some bums.

Lol, I had thought those guys were bums.

I would be interested in Kevin Curtis, at the right price...the guy is a threat to break the bank everytime he catches a pass...not a starter mind you, but he has to be one of the flat-out fastest WR's in the leauge...I am sure Martz will find a way to get him to join the Lions, but he would be familiar with Fairchild's offense, I would presume...he excites me more than Roscoe Parrish....

According to the guys on Sirius, Givens is looking for $5 million/year.

Still want him?

627696[/snapback]

Yeah. What else would we use the money on? A pass rushing DE? A playmaker in the secondary? A mammoth run stuffer for the DL? Some badly needed help for our interior OL?

Don't be ridiculous.

According to the guys on Sirius, Givens is looking for $5 million/year.

Still want him?

627696[/snapback]

Yup, the cap is going up even more next year. Givens would be an excellent WR at 5 million per season. Wait till next year and see what Wr's are getting.

Yup, the cap is going up even more next year. Givens would be an excellent WR at 5 million per season. Wait till next year and see what Wr's are getting.

627749[/snapback]

Exactly! And as of right now, it looks like Tennesee is going to get a hell of a player unless Marv swoops in today. :(

With Moulds probably leaving, here are 3 WRs I wouldn't mind seeing in Buffalo... not to replace Moulds as a #1 WR but to complement what we already have...

Reche Caldwell 6'0" 194

Randy Hymes 6'3" 211 (Big possesion type)

Marc Boerigter 6'3" 225 (Big possesion type)

Everyone is young with 4 years in the league, each one has done something with their respective teams... Nothing flashy but young hungry guys looking for an opportunity...

Not sure about all of those gys, but say no to Gardner.  His nickname for the Skins is "BRICK", because well he has hands of bricks.  Needless to say he doesn't like the name very much and well he hasnt shaken it.

628445[/snapback]

Just on my FF history alone, I would say no, too.

Givens reportedly has a solid offer from the Titans.

627618[/snapback]

So does B'gals WR Kevin Walter.

"Another Bengal gone?

Wide receiver Walter signs offer sheet with Texans

BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Carson Palmer might return to Cincinnati this week, and after losing one of the quarterback's receiving targets in free agency, the Bengals are on the verge of letting another one get away.

Tight end Matt Schobel will be in Philadelphia today to sign a five-year contract with the Eagles, who will pay him a $1.8 million signing bonus.

On Sunday, Bengals No. 4 wide receiver Kevin Walter signed a four-year, $6.4 million offer sheet as a restricted free agent with the Houston Texans."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../603130348/1066

I mentioned a while back, that Walter deserved a look from the Bills.