So Basically, Levy's Done Nothing

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what's a matter? The truth hurt?

627181[/snapback]

Don't worry about the peanut gallery. There is reason to be skeptical of these moves. They hate people being critical, so they criticize those people. If Levy and Jauron fail, they'll be all over them just like they turned on their hero Donahoe.

:mellow:

As for the moves, all the players Marv has brought in to this point are "if" players.

IF Tripplet can make the jump to being an almost every down, stout DT...

IF Royal can somehow turn into a productive starting TE ('cause he's getting paid like one)...

IF Davis can stay healthy and go from being a 20-30 catch a year guy to a 60+ one...

I'm not going to sit here and echo the original poster's sentiment that Marv is already a failure. Its far too early to tell. But as none of these players are proven commodities, it is reasonable to question the impact they might have on the team next season.

What I WILL agree with is how disheartening Marv's current (and I stress current) lack of offensive line activity has been. Anyone who watched this team last season knows that was weak spot #1... and to this point, nothing has really been upgraded. Gandy and Anderson still on the left size, an unproven player at C (presuming Preston at this point), Villareal and Peters on the right.

I love the potential Peters has exhibited, but there's nothing to suggest Gandy, Anderson or Villareal are going to suddenly blow up and dominate next season, and Preston or whoever else is playing center... well there simply isn't enough evidence there to judge on at this point.

Until the o-line is shored up, Holcomb will only be a 7-yard slant passer and JP will probably never get the opportunity any QB would need to prove himself worthy of betting on. Not to mention the running game will remain adequate at best....

... all that said, you still got time Marv... let's see what you got!

What I WILL agree with is how disheartening Marv's current (and I stress current) lack of offensive line activity has been.  Anyone who watched this team last season knows that was weak spot #1... and to this point, nothing has really been upgraded.  Gandy and Anderson still on the left size, an unproven player at C (presuming Preston at this point), Villareal and Peters on the right. 

I love the potential Peters has exhibited, but there's nothing to suggest Gandy, Anderson or Villareal are going to suddenly blow up and dominate next season, and Preston or whoever else is playing center... well there simply isn't enough evidence there to judge on at this point.

Until the o-line is shored up, Holcomb will only be a 7-yard slant passer and JP will probably never get the opportunity any QB would need to prove himself worthy of betting on.  Not to mention the running game will remain adequate at best....

627979[/snapback]

Well said!

Just sign anyone! Anyone, even if they're awful! Overpay for borderline players! Get DL like Bannon and overpay him, please. Please sign anyone b/c it is free agency. Pay Runyon 15M over two years even if he can't walk and isn't that good anymore. Just do it Marv!

OK, so you played HIGH SCHOOL football.  That means you have about the same football knowledge as just about everyone else.

627289[/snapback]

No It means I've been in the trenches and seen the bullets fly. Half the nit wits on this board are video veterans of Madden football and they talk like they know something. One guy was comparing these pick-ups here to New England's pick ups in years past. LAUGHABLE!

Ground Chuck = Al Bundy

627370[/snapback]

Sorry, I wasn't just excellent at sports but academically as well. I look back on my accomplishments on the fiield with pride but I made something of myself. I am a member of the Buffalo Yact Club and work at a top local firm. I have brains as well as brawn

No It means I've been in the trenches and seen the bullets fly. Half the nit wits on this board are video veterans of Madden football and they talk like they know something.

628236[/snapback]

1. "You have been in the trenches and seen the bullets fly?" What a douche bag.

2. I played high school football also in the trenches and I don't remember any bullets.

3. How does almost getting a scholarship to Tulane make you more qualified to have opinions on football than anyone else?

I played for Sweet Home high school as a Freshman and Sophmore and didn't get along with the coach and players too well so I transfered to Williamsville South and was injured as a Senior after I had a scholorship to Tulane

627275[/snapback]

Scholorship? Apparently, you weren't an Academic All-American. And btw, that ain't no typo, on the keyboard the O is to California as the A is to New York.

Scholorship? Apparently, you weren't an Academic All-American. And btw, that ain't no typo, on the keyboard the O is to California as the A is to New York.

628253[/snapback]

Wouldn't the A be California and the O New York? :(

Sorry, I wasn't just excellent at sports but academically as well. I look back on my accomplishments on the fiield with pride but I made something of myself. I am a member of the Buffalo Yact Club and work at a top local firm. I have brains as well as brawn

628237[/snapback]

Why do think this particular posting is going to open another set of floodgates? Pretty stupid move for a guy that has "made something (god knows what) of himself and is a memebr of the Buffalo "Yact" Club.

628253[/snapback]

Well, I guess I'll have my secretary proof read my posts from now on. You have a secratary? I do

628253[/snapback]

Yeah, well in any case, he is certainly the funniest personality to come on TSW in a long time! :doh::(:(:D:w00t: