What should the Bills do?

Gambler

It is conceivable given recent developments that one of the big 3 QB prospects is available at #8. If so, should the Bills draft one of them?

Personally, I would hope they were there and give the Bills a chance to trade down and get a couple more draft picks on top of a premium lineman with the top pick.

If NO signs Brees this could happen. What would you do with the #8 pick in this situation?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is conceivable given recent developments that one of the big 3 QB prospects is available at #8. If so, should the Bills draft one of them?

Personally, I would hope they were there and give the Bills a chance to trade down and get a couple more draft picks on top of a premium lineman with the top pick.

If NO signs Brees this could happen. What would you do with the #8 pick in this situation?

626045[/snapback]

That's an easy question. Answer: trade down if possible or pick a player other than a QB. A rookie QB does NOTHING for us right now.

I'm amazed at how Losman has been written off by Bills fans after one (rookie) season.

Leinart? The guy is Tim Couch with less of an arm. Mark my words he'll be a bust in the pros.

If Hawk is there take him otherwise trade down.

Leinart? The guy is Tim Couch with less of an arm. Mark my words he'll be a bust in the pros.

Couldn't disagree more, we're still not drafting QB though. And if either Young or Leinart falls to us, Hawk will not be there at #8.

That's an easy question.  Answer: trade down if possible or pick a player other than a QB.  A rookie QB does NOTHING for us right now.

626052[/snapback]

Unless of course it is inVINCEable Young at QB... =)

B is no good

B is certainly not something one would want to equal.

IN the context of the draft, i guess B could mean BUST. I just question highly touted white linebackers from OSU(ie: Andy Katzenmoyer)

Couldn't disagree more, we're still not drafting QB though.  And if either Young or Leinart falls to us, Hawk will not be there at #8.

626069[/snapback]

Yeah well its always an interesting debate when a guy is hot coming out of college and going into the pro's. It seems every year holds a few dogs and a few gems.

For me, watching Leinart play UCLA, Arizona State, and especially Notre Dame didnt show me #1 the althleticism but more improtantly #2 the arm strength to be a good pro qb. He struggled against pro set cover 2 defenses who werent overwhelming teams athletically. Especially ND. Thats one thing Cutler and Young have are big live arms. Leinart doesnt have that. Not sure about Young running a pro offense though either.

Yeah well its always an interesting debate when a guy is hot coming out of college and going into the pro's. It seems every year holds a few dogs and a few gems.

For me, watching Leinart play UCLA, Arizona State, and especially Notre Dame didnt show me #1 the althleticism but more improtantly #2 the arm strength to be a good pro qb. He struggled against pro set cover 2 defenses who werent overwhelming teams athletically. Especially ND. Thats one thing Cutler and Young have are big live arms. Leinart doesnt have that. Not sure about Young running a pro offense though either.

626082[/snapback]

young cant throw accurate.......look at every throw he makes......the wr has to do something to go get the ball......its never on point

u need to open ur eyes when he throws and not wake after you hear TD!

:D

young cant throw accurate.......look at every throw he makes......the wr has to do something to go get the ball......its never on point

u need to open ur eyes when he throws and not wake after you hear TD!

:D

626150[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you. V. Young led the ENTIRE NATION in passer efficiency last year and although he's regarded as not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, on the field he's a very good, quick desicion maker. I know I'm in the minority but I think he'll be very good in the NFL. That being said I still don't want to draft a QB.