What should the Bills do?

Gambler

Trade down if you get the right deal, unless it's Leinart, in which case you have to seriously consider drafting him

626048[/snapback]

Agreed Rocceo. We need to take leinart if he is there.The guy is a winner.That aspect of things is way overlooked by NFL drafters. Too many big arm guys ,fast guys, 'athletic' guys who are losers in college become losers in the pros.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed Rocceo. We need to take leinart if he is there.The guy is a winner.That aspect of things is way overlooked by NFL drafters. Too many big arm guys ,fast guys, 'athletic' guys who are losers in college become losers in the pros.

628045[/snapback]

Do you expect Leinart to be given the starters job as a rookie? Do you expect him to "be a winner" from the start? What happens if he has a Losman type of year? Declare him a dud and draft next year's can't-miss QB? How is Alex Smith working out in SF? Wasn't he a can't miss pick?

To me this is thinking that one player makes a team. Just draft Leinart and the Bills will go to the Super Bowl! Hogwash!!! Put Leinart, Young, or Peyton Manning behind the O-line we have and you get 5-11 all over again. Besides, the "Hot Pocket" crowd won't allow Leinart more than 8 games to prove he can win.

It makes no sense to draft a QB when the Bills HAVE TO build up the rest of the team. I don't care who drops to us. In fact I hope Leinart and Young both drop to #8. Then we can trade our #8 for more picks.

PTR