This video has changed my mind about who I...

Huff's coverage skills are good and he's blazing fast and covers a lot of ground. He's the prototype athletic safety that can cover a lot of ground. He tackles too high but thats not his forte. He's a playmaker though. Personally I think theres a lot of good safeties to be had in this draft, but depending what we do in free agency I wouldnt be upset with the huff pick at all. I still prefer trading down and taking bunkley though

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still prefer trading down and taking bunkley though

This is what I want to do too. The word in St. Louis is the Rams are looking at Huff and Davis with the #11 pick. Maybe would could work out a trade with them and pick up their 2nd round pick, that would be Best case scenario on Draft Day IMHO. Not sure how feasible it really is.

Anyone who is a Texas fan can tell you that Huff doesnt always tackle like that, in fact his tackling style reminds me of Antoine Winfield's (going for the legs, take the ballcarrier out of the play).

623104[/snapback]

I'am a Texas fan and yes you're correct. This is Lawyer's replacement. If Williams and D'Brick are gone.

This is the only time I have seen Huff play ball. If Huff tackles high like that in the NFL the RB's and WR's will eat him alive.

622987[/snapback]

just like the others, i thought the same thing as well, BUT, i think we need more of a playmaker in our secondary and he fits that role, man is he fast

just like the others, i thought the same thing as well, BUT, i think we need more of a playmaker in our secondary and he fits that role, man is he fast

623174[/snapback]

Nose for the ball. Much like Ed Reed and dare I say like Dieon used to have.

This is the only time I have seen Huff play ball. If Huff tackles high like that in the NFL the RB's and WR's will eat him alive.

622987[/snapback]

That was my first reaction. Unless he has super strong arms and hands, he sure isn't going to bring down a big NFL RB like Alexander or McGahee like that.

I was expecting a big hitter.

I know I'm asking a homer :rolleyes:  but who would you compare Buckner to? I didn't see him play at all this year and I am totally ignorant of his ability.

623059[/snapback]

Bunkley is quick and fast. Very explosive off the snap. The guy is always in the backfield, and set the FSU recor for tackles for a loss. He can pressure the QB. Hes not a fatass, so if he over pursues, has the speed to make up for it. I'd love to see buffalo drop down a few spots, take bunkley and pick up another pick in the 2nd or 3rd.

I didn't read the rest of this thread, but all that I can add is that while Huff is clearly VERY fast and can cover well, I saw far too many arm tackles to make me excited - picture a guy like that trying to bring down an NFL running back.

622987[/snapback]

I thought the same thing, he wont be able to arm tackle and drag NFL players down. He 'catches' more than he hits.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the Bills should trade down and get Broderick Bunkley!

So we trade down with a team who wants a quarterback like Cutler or Young, which ever falls that low, and we extort picks out of them the way the Patriots and Jaguars extorted picks out of us.

Ultimately the Bills would have to fall to around 12-15 overall, and then we get Bunkley and we have another pick in a later round that we could put to good use on a safety, center, tight end, or a stud defensive end.

If you are rebuilding your team i think this is the way you need to go.

623131[/snapback]

I agree. As the tastefully-named Gregg Williams said, "We will stop the run with numbers [of draft picks]."

Huff Daddy has never stood out as a tackler during his career at Texas.

What he DID stand out for, though, is being a ball hawk. His impact was felt everytime the quarterback had to throw the ball.

I personally feel that you can never have enough playmakers on defense, and that is the type of player he is, one who has the tide to change the game with a big turnover.

The word in St. Louis is the Rams are looking at Huff and Davis with the #11 pick.  Maybe would could work out a trade with them and pick up their 2nd round pick, that would be Best case scenario on Draft Day IMHO.

623144[/snapback]

Well we've picked up most of their old coaching staff, we may as well take their draft picks, too.

Bunkley is quick and fast. Very explosive off the snap. The guy is always in the backfield, and set the FSU recor for tackles for a loss. He can pressure the QB. Hes not a fatass, so if he over pursues, has the speed to make up for it. I'd love to see buffalo drop down a few spots, take bunkley and pick up another pick in the 2nd or 3rd.

623397[/snapback]

I have mixed feelings about Bunkley. On one hand, he tore it up the week of Senior Bowl practices, looking like a man among boys. On the other hand, during the actual Senior Bowl game, he didn't impress me. There was one screen play that he looked good defending on (did a great job of getting out to the RB), but very little else. The OL had their way w/ him. That's not good for someone w/ the rep of being a very strong player. I'm sure that's probably one reason he's gone up to 306 recently, in the hopes he doesn't get engulfed by bigger, more powerful NFL linemen.

I thought the same thing, he wont be able to arm tackle and drag NFL players down.  He 'catches' more than he hits.

623508[/snapback]

He'd better be able to take them down. Assuming we don't deal with the defensive tackle situation that's what he'll be doing ten to fifteen yards down from the line of scrimmage every single play.

He'd better be able to take them down.  Assuming we don't deal with the defensive tackle situation that's what he'll be doing ten to fifteen yards down from the line of scrimmage every single play.

623675[/snapback]

True.

If the Bills sign Kemoeatu and Pickett @ DT, plus add one or two guys on the OL (don't know if it'll be Mawae, but he'd be a huge upgrade), I'd be just fine w/ seeing Huff drafted @ #8. If not, they've got some 'splainin to do.

I know Vernon Davis is good and all, but the Bills have Kevin Everett and Tim Euhus.  With that being said the Bills need a playmaker in the defensive backfield, and the perfect guy for that job is... MICHAEL HUFF!http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Huff-Highlight-Film

622982[/snapback]

How about Jimmy Williams, who I think may be better than Huff?

i really like the bunk.

i think if we get a space eater or two in FA (washington and that dude from balt look nice) and put bunk beside them he would just destroy single blockers.

a couple DTs like that and an upgrade to milloy in coverage (which i think would be pretty easy, in the draft OR in FA) will allow us to terrorize opponents on 3rd down without sell out blitzing.