It's Official...(for those who don't PPP)

This is one of the very few issues of late on which I actually agree with Bush.

Our relationship with the UAE is extremely important -- not to mention our ability to dock our military ships there as well as the intelligence information they give us.

This is a political issue that has very little to do with security. We are the ones that are supposed to handle security (and we are doing a piss poor job of it).

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our relationship with the UAE is extremely important -- not to mention our ability to dock our military ships there as well as the intelligence information they give us.

This is a political issue that has very little to do with security.  We are the ones that are supposed to handle security (and we are doing a piss poor job of it).

622825[/snapback]

Yes. The loyal opposition has offered no security plan, other than empty cries for 100% inspection. You certainly know that what with our insane thirst for cheap foreign goods to the detriment of the common good - outdated concept, I know - such delay would cause a crisis.

No way any elected official regardless of stripe is about to offer his/her hide up for what's right. 'Tis what we deserve with 35% voter turn-outs. The majority who won't pay an ounce of attention to anything but his tv and his di*k and his blessed convenience is a large part of the problem... :)

Again... Not about race.

It is about Americans managing the operations.

It is about putting food on my family's table and doing my job as an American... Working directly for America.

Stuff like this goes far in passing the drafted legislation (on the Hill as we speak) that our infrastructure (namely canals, locks and dams, etc... :) ) is managed and controlled by our own government... People actually doing things "hands on...

That is where it begins... Not some governmental think tank or behind a desk.

When I walk 9,000 ton of cargo in along "our" esplande... I wanna know that I have a direct line up the goevernment chain... Not some corporation.

Believe me, it is a lot easier dealing with the stuffed stovepipe from that angle!

This is a political issue that has very little to do with security.  We are the ones that are supposed to handle security (and we are doing a piss poor job of it).

622825[/snapback]

Again, I do see this side of the argument... It is a side I am willing to forsake.

I gotta get back to work... Can you tell it to stop raining? :):lol::D

.... and ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Exhibit A:

Again... Not about race.

It is about Americans managing the operations.

It is about putting food on my family's table and doing my job as an American... Working directly for America.

Stuff like this goes far in passing the drafted legislation (on the Hill as we speak) that our infrastructure (namely canals, locks and dams, etc... :) ) is managed and controlled by our own government... People actually doing things "hands on...

That is where it begins... Not some governmental think tank or behind a desk.

When I walk 9,000 ton of cargo in along "our" esplande... I wanna know that I have a direct line up the goevernment chain... Not some corporation.

Believe me, it is a lot easier dealing with the stuffed stovepipe from that angle!

622869[/snapback]

I assume by one post you mean yours as tennyboy had the first reply.

622880[/snapback]

I wouldn't have expected less. To me, this is not a small thing. It's also very, very easy to dissect. We just made Imperialistic Total Asses of ouselves on the world stage, without any excuse to try to prove otherwise. There will be repurcussions. People here forget that other folks don't go "ding - hot pocket" like we do, and forget as soon as Lost or Idol comes on. We are having well enough problem with Iraq. Well, thanks Chucky - lets throw fuel on the fire.

....  and ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Exhibit A:

622872[/snapback]

Damn right I got an agenda... When it comes knocking on my front doorstep, I am not afraid to speak out.

When it is your turn to bat... You get up and HIT the ball. Why should people just lay down and watch them farm everyhthing else out?

I can give a rat's ass about the port deal... Everything starts somewhere.

What is your agenda?

The front lines to some might be the boardroom...

Like I have said... I am just a peon with a direct line to the top... Why would you want it any other way?

:)

This is !@#$ing embarrassing for America.  :)

622892[/snapback]

WHY?

Every other industrialized nation on the planet defends their economic interests to the hilt. All of a sudden WE do it and its bad?

I dont get that.

I wouldn't have expected less. To me, this is not a small thing. It's also very, very easy to dissect. We just made Imperialistic Total Asses of ouselves on the world stage, without any excuse to try to prove otherwise. There will be repurcussions. People here forget that other folks don't go "ding - hot pocket" like we do, and forget as soon as Lost or Idol comes on. We are having well enough problem with Iraq. Well, thanks Chucky - lets throw fuel on the fire.

622887[/snapback]

Where does "we" come into this equation?

Damn right I got an agenda... When it comes knocking on my front doorstep, I am not afraid to speak out.

When it is your turn to bat... You get up and HIT the ball.  Why should people just lay down and watch them farm everyhthing else out?

I can give a rat's ass about the port deal... Everything starts somewhere.

What is your agenda?

The front lines to some might be the boardroom...

Like I have said... I am just a peon with a direct line to the top... Why would you want it any other way?

622916[/snapback]

So, you have once again turned this into job protection, Gov to Contractors. You are a vested civil service worker. Damn. Still bitching?

What is your agenda? All contractors are worthless and bad? Some very qualified people would work happily for the government directly, but an ex-President you love made that much harder. Feel good legislation, "I feel your pain".