It's Official...(for those who don't PPP)

So, you have once again turned this into job protection, Gov to Contractors. You are a vested civil service worker. Damn. Still bitching?

What is your agenda? All contractors are worthless and bad? Some very qualified people would work happily for the government directly, but an ex-President you love made that much harder. Feel good legislation, "I feel your pain".

622939[/snapback]

I am not bitching... Sorry, if it comes of that way.

It isn't about job protection more than it is about doing the job right. There is nothing wrong with doing things old school.

People like me don't get an opportunity to voice our opinions... Either they are toiling in their work or they are too damn tired to even debate.

I am not saying all contractors are bad and worthless. Where I work, it might be just what the doctored ordered... The much needed change in the management structure, IMO, would be a welcome.

... It is just in the end... The work will suffer and the taxpayer will suffer.

It is unfortunate that we have come to this.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not for you.  But for most, the bitching only started when those filthy Arabs got involved.  Funny how no one gives a sh-- when the Brits are involved.

And that IS a truly sh------- way to formulate policy.

622965[/snapback]

I can't argue with this... I totally agree.

What gets me is how they thought (after all the past talk, rhetoric, what-not)... That they would get this through.

Kinda schizo, don't you think?

Bush pandered to all these xenophobic elements... And now expects people to be reasonable.

:rolleyes::doh::doh:

Go figure... It makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe not for you.  But for most, the bitching only started when those filthy Arabs got involved.  Funny how no one gives a sh-- when the Brits are involved.

622965[/snapback]

The filthy Arab sand !@#$s weren't an issue until someone sued to break a contract on a slow news day. That obviously should dictate our security and foreign policy. But, hey?

Screw it. I'll be long dead before this crap is at the point good parent's kids will have to address it.

I can't argue with this... I totally agree.

What gets me is how they thought (after all the past talk, rhetoric, what-not)... That they would get this through.

Kinda schizo, don't you think?

Bush pandered to all these xenophobic elements... And now expects people to be reasonable.

:rolleyes:  :doh:  :doh:

Go figure... It makes absolutely no sense.

622980[/snapback]

Actually, the administration has consistently delivered the message that our war is not on Arabs or Islam, but on "terrorism" (by which, I think they specifically mean fundamentalist trans-national terrorists).

Problem is...again...that whatever the message, the administration can't sell it. Never have been able to. Anyone who paid close attention to all nineteen different justifications for the Iraq invasion know that. Why should they suddenly get this message right?

Actually, the administration has consistently delivered the message that our war is not on Arabs or Islam, but on "terrorism" (by which, I think they specifically mean fundamentalist trans-national terrorists). 

Problem is...again...that whatever the message, the administration can't sell it.  Never have been able to.  Anyone who paid close attention to all nineteen different justifications for the Iraq invasion know that.  Why should they suddenly get this message right?

622993[/snapback]

The rub is that Bush hasn't or can't give a definition of what one of those people look like so that we can appropriately hate them. Therefore , as a vacuum anyone resembling one of those protesting, american flag burning, shooting each other when full of religious fervor drummed to a fury by their religious mullahs or anything close gets our hatred and we do not differentiate.

Dubai Ports was just a good excuse to take out that frustration and confusion.

The rub is that Bush hasn't or can't give a definition of what one of those people look like so that we can appropriately hate them.  Therefore , as a vacuum anyone resembling one of those protesting, american flag burning, shooting each other when full of religious fervor drummed to a fury by their religious mullahs or anything close gets our hatred and we do not differentiate.

Dubai Ports was just a good excuse to take out that frustration and confusion.

623003[/snapback]

Yeah, true enough...but damn it, why can't we take out our frustrations on idiots who really deserve it, like Pat Robertson or Michael Moore? :rolleyes:

Yeah, true enough...but damn it, why can't we take out our frustrations on idiots who really deserve it, like Pat Robertson or Michael Moore?  :rolleyes:

623007[/snapback]

Oh there has got to be a way, just be creative. You have to know some young kid willing to pull a prank on the order of the Alabama Church deal (saracasm) and not get caught or at least have parents with their morals.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/united_arab_emirates

In my opinion you can't trust the people in the Middle East RIGHT NOW because there is a lot of tension going there. I'm not trying to be racial or anything but there are a lot of problems that are going on in this world and most of them are centered in the Middle Eastern countries. :rolleyes:

As a person of Arab Emiratian descent, this discussion has been very difficult to read.

623080[/snapback]

I can understand that and am frustrated both by the American and Arab press and others who lump Arabs and U.S. intentions into one monolethic set of beliefs and culture. Stereotypes suck, but lacking more info aabout each others intentions makes steroetypes easier to aquire.

Until the latest conflict ends soon and more open discussions and less adverserial sabre rattling by both sides keeps getting the desired political results, I am afraid we are doomed to carry on this way for some time.

Hence the importance and need for good willed strong peaceful leadership on all sides.

622965[/snapback]

Absolutely, and the US will be paying for this one for a long time.

I can understand that and am frustrated both by the American and Arab press and others who lump Arabs and U.S. intentions into one monolethic set of beliefs and culture. Stereotypes suck, but lacking more info aabout each others intentions makes steroetypes easier to aquire. 

Until the latest conflict ends soon and more open discussions and less adverserial sabre rattling by both sides keeps getting the desired political results, I am afraid we are doomed to carry on this way for some time.

Hence the importance and need for good willed strong peaceful leadership on all sides.

623106[/snapback]

I think we need lots of Sabre rattling to the tune of "deep into the finals" and engraved on The Cup

:rolleyes::doh:

Absolutely, and the US will be paying for this one for a long time.

623109[/snapback]

Explain how?

Maybe the US taxpayers will get somebody to run their ports and pay their taxes.

This whole deal reeks of cronyism.

Carlyle bought CSX World Terminals in 2003 for $300 million and just two year's later flipped it to the company now known as Dubai Ports World for a near 400% profit at a cool $1.12 billion.Since 1991 CSX's profits have shrunk drastically with its stock underperforming its rivals' by more than 65%.

CFIUS Chair John Snow was head of CSX for some 20 years before "retiring" from his post to become Treasury Secretary. Under Snow's leadership, CSX paid no federal income taxes in three of the past four years.He also presided over the CSX sale to Baker's Carlyle Group. In addition to the many extravagant perks of his contract (including a $2.47 million lifetime yearly pension), Snow will score $33 million+ more due to a clause triggered upon the transfer of CSX to D P World (or any other buyer for that matter).

Explain how?

Maybe the US taxpayers will get somebody to run their ports and pay their taxes.

This whole deal reeks of cronyism.

Carlyle bought CSX World Terminals in 2003 for $300 million and just two year's later flipped it to the company now known as Dubai Ports World for a near 400% profit at a cool $1.12 billion.Since 1991 CSX's profits have shrunk drastically with its stock underperforming its rivals' by more than 65%.

CFIUS Chair John Snow was head of CSX for some 20 years before "retiring" from his post to become Treasury Secretary. Under Snow's leadership, CSX paid no federal income taxes in three of the past four years.He also presided over the CSX sale to Baker's Carlyle Group. In addition to the many extravagant perks of his contract (including a $2.47 million lifetime yearly pension), Snow will score $33 million+ more due to a clause triggered upon the transfer of CSX to D P World (or any other buyer for that matter).

623121[/snapback]

Ah, the smoking gun connection, was wondering where it was, guess who ironically was defending the Admins decision the last couple of days on FOX news....Snow! Shoot, knew I smelled a rat, just couldn't figure it out...Snow and not Halliburton, but Carlyle

Can't wait to hear the attacks from the Bush opologists tomorrow morn...More GOP cronyism. Hey, was Abramoff somehow involved?