Lots of money to spend now!!!!

Your not gonna be happy with the cap going up another 10 mil to around 104!

That means we have 16-18 mil to spend now WITHOUT a restructured or cut Moulds!

BTW, even if the cap was 400 mil, Mould is still WAY overpaid!

Time to fix it. Gte another 4-5.5 mil out of him and we can land 3, yes I said 3, of the following:

Hutch

Bentley

Damione Lewis

Ryan Pickett

Larry Tripplett

Marquand Manuel

Tank Williams

an 3 of those guys puts us in a great spot to take the steal of the draft at 8, Vernon Davis!!!!!

Im lovin the Bills, Get Er Done Marv!

You know, its not JUST the Bills who get an extra 10 million dollars to play with...A team like the Cowboys are already 16 million dollars under, now they'll be 26 million dollars under.

The only players the Bills have a shot at in that list is Pickett or Lewis.

Probably why Ralph voted NO.

621782[/snapback]

Bingo! If Ralph is spending an estimated 70% of his income from the Bills (a general number they used on ESPN for lower income teams), on player salaries, he is now going to have to spend a much bigger percentage, or risk fielding a very uncompetitive team...something tells me that this upcoming free agency period is going to be very disappointing to a lot of folks on this board.... :rolleyes:

You know, its not JUST the Bills who get an extra 10 million dollars to play with...A team like the Cowboys are already 16 million dollars under, now they'll be 26 million dollars under.

The only players the Bills have a shot at in that list is Pickett or Lewis.

621756[/snapback]

I think we'd have a shot at Triplett too but not sure if want him.

Probably why Ralph voted NO.

621782[/snapback]

If there had been no contract the Bills would have had more money than most for the purpose of signing free agents? With the new structure there is a lot more money in the pool for the same number of free agents increasing our competition for free agents. Ralph's no vote might have in part recognized that at least as far as signing free agents, the status quo was the best situation for the Buffalo Bills? Don't know enough about the situation but that is the conclusion I'm beginning to draw from reading the posts. If this is the case I can see why Ralph would vote no on the theory that an agreement could be reached in a couple of months (regardless of deadlines) at which time we would have signed two or three much needed free agents.

Time to fix it. Gte another 4-5.5 mil out of him and we can land 3, yes I said 3, of the following:

Hutch

Bentley

Damione Lewis

Ryan Pickett

Larry Tripplett

Marquand Manuel

Tank Williams

an 3 of those guys puts us in a great spot to take the steal of the draft at 8, Vernon Davis!!!!!

621747[/snapback]

Manuel won't come cheap. If the rumored deal w/ the Packers (denied by his agent, but who's to say?) is any indicator, he's looking for a 5 year, $10 million deal, w/ a $2 million bonus. If he's actually looking for that kind of cash, we'd be better off drafting Huff to play safety instead.

Bentley

Damione Lewis

Ryan Pickett

Larry Tripplett

Marquand Manuel

Tank Williams

621747[/snapback]

I don't see Rocky Bernard on that list... He'd be a better pickup than Pickett and Lewis albeit more expensive.

Pickett I could live with but I was reading a Rams board and they absolutely hate Lewis.

Underachiever/bust were the words to describe him.

I don't see Rocky Bernard on that list... He'd be a better pickup than Pickett and Lewis albeit more expensive.

Pickett I could live with but I was reading a Rams board and they absolutely hate Lewis.

Underachiever/bust were the words to describe him.

622291[/snapback]

Pickett or Ma'ake Kemoeatu would be my top 2, if I were going after a free agent DT. Both are good for what they do and neither would break the bank.

You mean like last years team?

622279[/snapback]

Yeah, like last year, or 1984 and 1985...difference being, going in to last year, most thought we would be a decent to excellent team. In 1984 and 1985, with no salary cap to worry about, the Bills were awful, and really made no effort to get better...

Yeah, like last year, or 1984 and 1985...difference being, going in to last year, most thought we would be a decent to excellent team.  In 1984 and 1985, with no salary cap to worry about, the Bills were awful, and really made no effort to get better...

622306[/snapback]

I was hopeful that we would be decent to excellent. Reality set in pretty early though.

Take it from someone who is forced to watch almost every Rams game: both Pickett and Lewis are overrated!! Pickett is much better than D. Lewis but thinks he's worth a $20 mil. contract, I don't want either....we should have kept SA.