Michael Huff with the 8th pick

Michael Huff's combine numbers should move him to the top of a lot of teams draftboards. I hope Buffalo follows suit. With the release of Lawyer Milloy and the possible release of Troy Vincent the Bills could use some solid talent at safey.

right now, I would prefer Huff over Ngata with the 8th pick, mainly because of the depth at DT in this draft and the utility value of Huff (also has college experience at corner).

Michael Huff at the Combine

Height: 205

Weight: 6'1"

40 time: 4.34

Bench reps: 21

Vertical: 40.5"

Huff has been a playmaker since stepping on to the field as a freshman in 2002 for Texas. He earned freshman All American honors after finishing the season with 70 tackles, 10 for loss, and two interceptions, both of which were returned for touchdowns. As a sophomore, Huff tallied 66 tackles and two interceptions, with both of those being returned for touchdowns. Huff earned All Big 12 and All American honors as a junior, finishing the year with 73 tackles and two picks. Huff had an awesome senior season, racking up 109 tackles, 10 for loss, with two sacks and an interception.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan of taking a safety that high, and I have my reservations about huff. Is he a safety or is he a corner at the nfl level? When I think of some of the safeties that have gone in recent years, polamalu, williams, ed reed. I just dont think huff is in that type of class. Maybe for this year he's worth the 8th overall pick, but I dont think he has the ability of the above mentioned safeties. I'd prefer trading down and taking broderick bunkley or staying put and taking vernon davis if he falls to us.

I'm not a huge fan of taking a safety that high, and I have my reservations about huff.  Is he a safety or is he a corner at the nfl level? When I think of some of the safeties that have gone in recent years, polamalu, williams, ed reed.  I just dont think huff is in that type of class.  Maybe for this year he's worth the 8th overall pick,  but I dont think he has the ability of the above mentioned safeties.  I'd prefer trading down and taking broderick bunkley or staying put and taking vernon davis if he falls to us.

618902[/snapback]

He's played every position in the defensive backfield.

Michael Huff's combine numbers should move him to the top of a lot of teams draftboards.  I hope Buffalo follows suit.  With the release of Lawyer Milloy and the possible release of Troy Vincent the Bills could use some solid talent at safey.

right now, I would prefer Huff over Ngata with the 8th pick, mainly because of the depth at DT in this draft and the utility value of Huff (also has college experience at corner). 

618892[/snapback]

Same guy I said to pick a couple months ago. And got blasted for it . Now he`s the man Figures? :doh:

huff really does grade like a sean taylor, ed reed, and roy williams in many people eyes.

when you see what palimalou does for pitts, he is not a bad value at 8.

i agree with the general sentitment that we NEED to upgrade our lines, but if we can do that in FA and later rounds (we should be able to get QUALITY young OT, OG, and DTs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well is in FA).

Michael Huff's combine numbers should move him to the top of a lot of teams draftboards.  I hope Buffalo follows suit.  With the release of Lawyer Milloy and the possible release of Troy Vincent the Bills could use some solid talent at safey.

618892[/snapback]

If for some reason AJ Hawk is there at #8, it would be hard to pass on a guy who plays the game like Chris Speilman. We know how good Chris was during his career.

huff really does grade like a sean taylor, ed reed, and roy williams in many people eyes.

when you see what palimalou does for pitts, he is not a bad value at 8.

i agree with the general sentitment that we NEED to upgrade our lines, but if we can do that in FA and later rounds (we should be able to get QUALITY young OT, OG, and DTs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well is in FA).

619119[/snapback]

Oh, you mean there is free agency to consider as well? Imagine that.

people get to be free agents because the folks who know them best have chosen not to sign them. I wouldn't want to think I'm going to get two defensive tackles an offensive tackle and a guard out of free agency alone. Our first picks in the draft should really be need picks.