Goodbye Sam Adams, hello Ted Washington?

Buftex

So, the Bills cut Sam Adams, 24 hours later, Ted Washington gets axed by the Raiders....

Anyone think Ted comes back, and ends his career in Buffalo? I know he was actively lobbying for a return to Buffalo, when Jauron was hired. It is no secret that Washington loved playing in Buffalo. It seems to me, he would be likely to come cheap. I can't say I saw a lot of the Raiders last seaon...anyone know if he has anything left, to contribute to what is looking to be a pretty inexperienced interior defensive line. I know they said Adams wasn't the ideal kind of DT for the Bills new defense, so Washington likely would not be either. But if he came cheaply enough, how valuable would it be to a new coach to have a popular supporter on the defense?

I seriously doubt he could outplay Adams, whom we just released. He played beside Sapp and neither did anything for the Faiders. As a Bill's fan, I'd love to see him back but realistically he won't be able to contribute much so why waste a roster spot on him? I'd rather save it for a hungry rookie or young vet.

So, the Bills cut Sam Adams, 24 hours later, Ted Washington gets axed by the Raiders....

Anyone think Ted comes back, and ends his career in Buffalo?  I know he was actively lobbying for a return to Buffalo, when Jauron was hired.  It is no secret that Washington loved playing in Buffalo.  It seems to me, he would be likely to come cheap.  I can't say I saw a lot of the Raiders last seaon...anyone know if he has anything left, to contribute to what is looking to be a pretty inexperienced interior defensive line.  I know they said Adams wasn't the ideal kind of DT for the Bills new defense, so Washington likely would not be either.  But if he came cheaply enough, how valuable would it be to a new coach to have a popular supporter on the defense?

617067[/snapback]

I'd rather see us sign Buckner (ex-panther).

Anyone think Ted comes back, and ends his career in Buffalo?  I know he was actively lobbying for a return to Buffalo, when Jauron was hired.  It is no secret that Washington loved playing in Buffalo.  It seems to me, he would be likely to come cheap.  I can't say I saw a lot of the Raiders last seaon...anyone know if he has anything left, to contribute to what is looking to be a pretty inexperienced interior defensive line.  I know they said Adams wasn't the ideal kind of DT for the Bills new defense, so Washington likely would not be either.  But if he came cheaply enough, how valuable would it be to a new coach to have a popular supporter on the defense?

617067[/snapback]

Not the same type of player as Sam, but it would be nice to have Ted come back and finish his career here in Buffalo. We all understand that one of the main weaknesses last year was being able to stop the run. Ted can still do that.

617067[/snapback]

You say sign.

I say no.

You say why?

He's thirty eight years old. Oh no.

Sorry, had to do that.

If he was willing to come in very cheap, I suppose giving him a chance would be OK.

617067[/snapback]

NO

this team will not be old, fat and slow-

And why do you think that might be?

617369[/snapback]

For all the reasons I stated. Jauron, he says, was his favorite coach, Buffalo was his favorite city to play in, and he actually came out on a Toronto radio station, the week Jauron became HC, and said he would love to play in Buffalo, for Jauron. He likely knew he would be a Raiders cap casualty at the time.

He has been around long enough, I would think, to realize that very few teams would be interested him for a high salary at this point. Assuming he wants to play still, and assuming the Bills think he has anything left to offer what will be young, D-line, it might not be the most far-fetched idea.

We can all proclaim that he is "too old, too fat, etc etc.", but vetran leadership has some value. Washington played very well in the new defensive system the Bills will be using.

For all the reasons I stated.  Jauron, he says, was his favorite coach, Buffalo was his favorite city to play in, and he actually came out on a Toronto radio station, the week Jauron became HC, and said he would love to play in Buffalo, for Jauron.  He likely knew he would be a Raiders cap casualty at the time. 

He has been around long enough, I would think, to realize that very few teams would be interested him for a high salary at this point.  Assuming he wants to play still, and assuming the Bills think he has anything left to offer what will be young, D-line, it might not be the most far-fetched idea. 

We can all proclaim that he is "too old, too fat, etc etc.", but vetran leadership has some value.  Washington played very well in the new defensive system the Bills will be using.

617724[/snapback]

he can't produce if he is sitting on the bench injured- which is highly likely given his age, excessive weight and prior injury history.

he can't produce if he is sitting on the bench injured- which is highly likely given his age, excessive weight and prior injury history.

617794[/snapback]

He played all 16 games in 2004 and 2005. I'm not sayin' we should get him (I'm not sayin' we shouldn't)...I'm just sayin', he hasn't been sitting on the bench with injuries for the past 2 years.