For the last time, we're not drafting Ngata!!!

Ok, perhaps some of you missed Marv's comments about how we want faster, smaller D-Linemen. Every where I look I see people saying we're going to draft Ngata. Well, a 338 pound Samoan dude ain't light or very fast for that matter. Unless Marv has no clue what he's talking about (there is always that chance) we're looking for guys who can fly to the ball (a la Lovie Smith defensive style) rather than big 2-gap DT's.

So I don't wanna see no more Ngata. Period.

Ok, perhaps some of you missed Marv's comments about how we want faster, smaller D-Linemen. Every where I look I see people saying we're going to draft Ngata. Well, a 338 pound Samoan dude ain't light or very fast for that matter. Unless Marv has no clue what he's talking about (there is always that chance) we're looking for guys who can fly to the ball (a la Lovie Smith defensive style) rather than big 2-gap DT's.

617057[/snapback]

He might just be saying smaller DT's to try to throw people off, so if anything i would say there is a very good chance that we draft Ngata.

617057[/snapback]

you might just wanna stop following football for the next 2 months cuz i dont think anyone is gunna stop talking about Ngata as a possiblility just because you said so...

617057[/snapback]

Before you get all exercised in addition to keeping in mind the post above also consider:

1. In addition to talking about wanting young fast players Marv has also said since he was hired and all along that a team needs primaily to run and stop the run. If one takes this Marv dictum as gospel rather than simply taking his words about young fast guys as his sole interest, then one would say go Ngata.

2. I think even a big boy like Sam Adams can reasonably be said to be quick even though I'm sure his 40 time would not lead anyone to call him fast. What Mgata needs to be considered a "fast" DT is demonstrate an ability to have a quick first step and to pull off the 10 yard pursuit of a runner not the speed to pull down a gut from behind in the open field.

I think Marv could easily want to put together a fast Bills team that include a stout run plugger of great tonnage as well. He is not looking to put together a bunch of DL players who look like Coy Wire simply because they are quick.

Marv;s statement does not mean no Ngata at all.

617057[/snapback]

He also has 10% body fat and is like 6'6". He is anything but a big fat dude.

And their is a big difference between fast and quick......We do not need to know what the 40 time is for any lineman, O or D. Ngata is big and quick, if he is the best choice availble, Marv will pick him....Period!

Another thing is that they released Adams because while he is huge and quick off the ball...he's a penetrating Tackle...not the tackle that just blows up the center and guard allowing the fast guys to get to the ball.....Adams never controlled the line, he blew through his gap.....1/5 times he got the running back, 4/5 theres a 340 lb gap of air where he used to be......Ngata is touted for controlling the line

Quality D play requires that D-linemen to controll the line of scrimmage, one d-lineman controlling two O line players, thus freeing up the guys who are suposed to make the majority of the tackles, the LB corp. If the D-line shoots gaps all day, the o-line gets to the LB's, does this sound familar? Last year Sam got in the back field, by shooting the gaps, sure he had a few spectacular plays but for the most part he created a situation in which the LB's were being blocked and could not make the tackles. Sure it benefits a team to have D-linemen who can get in the backfield, especially when a blitz is on, but these up front guys need to allow the LB's to run free, Sam was not good for that.

Cover 2 teams do have lighter lineman.

Perry Fewell come from the Bears where the DT's were as follows:

Ian Scott 6'3 302

Tommie Harris 6'3 300

Tank Johnson 6'3 300

Bill Kollar comes from SL where the DT's were as follows:

Ryan Pickett 6'2 310

Damone Lewis 6'2 301

Jimmy Kennedy 6'4 320

Tampa won a Super Bowl with Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland both weighing 300.

Based on that smaller, lighter is possible. Pickett is a FA coming off his best season. Would not surprise me if he was a target.

617057[/snapback]

For the last time, you have no idea if we are or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also has 10% body fat and is like 6'6". He is anything but a big fat dude.

617150[/snapback]

Have you seen a picture of him? It's more than 10% believe me. Still, I'd be happy if he became a Bill.

617057[/snapback]

Just as long as we aren't drafting Cutler, Young, or Linhert!

PTR

Have you seen a picture of him? It's more than 10% believe me. Still, I'd be happy if he became a Bill.

617288[/snapback]

Good point. He's not some cut Adonas looking dude. Percentage of bodyfat notwithstanding............HEY......can we start a "lets get Super Mario" thread instead?

If we can't talk about taking Ngata (whom I would be happy if we draft him or not) can we also get rid of the Draft Young, Cutler, Lineart, Sign Bentley and Hutchinson (both are not going to happen), Sign Drew Brees, and the Marv and Ralph are to old to function any more posts.

On second thought, would there even be any posts if that happened?

Good point. He's not some cut Adonas looking dude. Percentage of bodyfat notwithstanding............HEY......can we start a "lets get Super Mario" thread instead?

617296[/snapback]

I prefer Luigi, he jumps higher, and doesn't grow from picking up mushrooms

Cover 2 teams do have lighter lineman.

Perry Fewell come from the Bears where the DT's were as follows:

Ian Scott          6'3  302

Tommie Harris  6'3 300 

Tank Johnson    6'3 300

Bill Kollar comes from SL where the DT's were as follows:

Ryan Pickett      6'2  310

Damone Lewis    6'2  301

Jimmy Kennedy  6'4  320

Tampa won a Super Bowl with Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland both weighing 300. 

Based on that smaller, lighter is possible. Pickett is a FA coming off his best season. Would not surprise me if he was a target.

617246[/snapback]

Thank you.

617057[/snapback]

I love these threads.... :):doh: