Milloy and Campbell released.

IBTG81

Losing Campbell isnt that big of a deal (plus we get a million bucks back in salary cap space).

I'm a bit surprised at Milloy though...that means we NEED to go out and find a replacement because Coy Wire is...is...*shudder*

Although according to Clumpy, cutting Milloy saves us 2.5 million bucks.  So today's cuts gives us 5.5 million more bucks worth to play with in free agency.  And I'm using Clumpy's numbers, not ESPN's which seem to be guesstimating.

615443[/snapback]

I'm not sure how anyone is shocked at Milloy's release. He played poorly last year and has a high cap number for a S. Add to it that the cover 2 doesn't fit his skillset and it was pretty likely that he would get the axe.

Josh Reed is a free agent

Coy's being kept for his special teams ability I guess.

Moderators - for the sake of the Great Uninformed in Bills nation - can we please pin a thread subject 'COY WIRE IS NOT A ST DEMON!'? to once and for all put an end to this ridiculous urban legend...?

Once again:

Going through NFL.com full play by play for the year shows:

C. Wire

- 3 ST tackles

- 3 ST penalties (1 declined)

Wire has never led the team in ST tackles. The year before last he wasn't even (minimally) in the top 4 on the team.

Coy Wire Sucks.

Coy Wire Sucks on STs too.

CW < RJ

Moderators - for the sake of the Great Uninformed in Bills nation - can we please pin a thread subject 'COY WIRE IS NOT A ST DEMON!'? to once and for all put an end to this ridiculous urban legend...?

Once again:

Going through NFL.com full play by play for the year shows:

C. Wire

- 3 ST tackles

- 3 ST penalties (1 declined)

Wire has never led the team in ST tackles. The year before last he wasn't even (minimally) in the top 4 on the team.

Coy Wire Sucks.

Coy Wire Sucks on STs too.

CW < RJ

615905[/snapback]

Maybe the League should keep special stats for him like they do the "Hits" for Bruschi-We're-not-worthy. Wire's special stat would be the number of times he's the last man in on a ST tackle. :doh:

I guess my Coy Wire jersey will be getting some wear this year. (Yes, Coy Wire, got a problem wid dat!? Good special teams player... *cough*)

I have always put Tim Euhus above Mark Campbell. The boy is young, he's fast, and he's got hands. It's TG without the skin color, strength, and height... so it's really not like TG at all. But the boy is good.

Lawyer will be missed, Sam Adams won't be. The man was in for one play, got blown off the ball, and had to sit down.

La'Roi Glover anyone? I think so...

I forgot to add that the only reason I have a Coy Wire jersey is because my lucky number is 27 and that's, well of course his number. I know I'll be getting sh-- from Tom on here if he sees this thread.

He puts up a good show though, diving on the person when the whistles been blown and everyone is on their way to the sidelines... *chuckle*