Gotta Hand It To Marv.....

Here is a man who is 80 years old and hit the ground running. The man cut 2 high profile players who some wanted to keep, and is demanding that a fan favorite accept a cut in pay. What do these 3 players have in common? They are old, and their attitude has been questioned.

While I have a bit of a problem releasing Adams from a football sense, I support the move. Chances are we will be starting a rookie this year, and I wouldn't want him to be influenced by Adams.

I suppose that Big Mike was for a few years, and now Eric Moulds has turned into a poison of sorts. As I have stated before, he is a veteran who has never won anything, and he is now a malcontent. He has little to nothing at stake in terms of the future of the Buffalo Bills.

I am hoping that they cut Moulds, and make an offer to either Hutchinson or Bentley. Now, they truly might have the cap space to over-pay some up front money that perhaps others will have a tough time matching.

Give me a winner like Hutch, and let someone else pick the trash like we did last year.

Congrats Marv. Right or wrong, you took decisive action. It took guts for a man your age to take a chance and get rid of these 2.

Don't stop now!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a man who is 80 years old and hit the ground running. The man cut 2 high profile players who some wanted to keep, and is demanding that a fan favorite accept a cut in pay. What do these 3 players have in common? They are old, and their attitude has been questioned.

While I have a bit of a problem releasing Adams from a football sense, I support the move. Chances are we will be starting a rookie this year, and I wouldn't want him to be influenced by Adams.

I suppose that Big Mike was for a few years, and now Eric Moulds has turned into a poison of sorts. As I have stated before, he is a veteran who has never won anything, and he is now a malcontent. He has little to nothing at stake in terms of the future of the Buffalo Bills.

I am hoping that they cut Moulds, and make an offer to either Hutchinson or Bentley. Now, they truly might have the cap space to over-pay some up front money that perhaps others will have a tough time matching.

Give me a winner like Hutch, and let someone else pick the trash like we did last year.

Congrats Marv. Right or wrong, you took decisive action. It took guts for a man your age to take a chance and get rid of these 2.

Don't stop now!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

615215[/snapback]

I agree Bill. Like ALL GMs Marv will make good and bad decisions. I'm not sure if this will turn out to be a good decision (it will depend on the decisions that follow) but it is a BIG BOLD move.

I'm going to trust in Marv until he abuses that trust.

Guest BackInDaDay

Pair of quality WRs?

Pair of quality DTs?

:D Just playin' Bill. I happen to agree with you.

Probably will be a good move for the future of the franchise, but releasing moulds and Adams just means we add to the already big holes this team has. These moves will prove to be valuable depending on what we can get in Free Agency. Hopefully marv has already got a few in mind that are ready to sign a deal with the bills.

I also don't agree with overpaying for Hutch or Bentley, if Buffalo has to overpay them, they aren't worth the trouble.

Well, last season everyone was beating on TD for releasing Pat Williams since it made our D-line a real weakness. I'll reserve judgement until the start of the season to see what our D-line is made of, but this should be interesting.

Well Said!

Don't stop now!

615215[/snapback]

Well, last season everyone was beating on TD for releasing Pat Williams since it made our D-line a real weakness. I'll reserve judgement until the start of the season to see what our D-line is made of, but this should be interesting.

615252[/snapback]

I suppose, but TD had already given up our first pick in the draft for Losman. Then he jumped in feet first with Parrish and Everret. :D

The only way he addressed either line (remember we lost Jennings too) was with two pedestrian free agents (Gandy and Anderson) and a dolphin castoff (Jerman).

Levy told us that it all starts on the lines. We can only hope that this will translate into a sincere effort on his part. Also, I am thinking that the new coaches were less than impressed with MW and SA as well.

Levy told us that it all starts on the lines. We can only hope that this will translate into a sincere effort on his part.

615260[/snapback]

It's what I wanted to hear him say, so that's why I'm reserving judgement. If he thinks our line will improve by bringing in someone other than Sam, so be it. We'll see!

Guest BackInDaDay

615252[/snapback]

Good point, but keep in mind that the proposed 2006 D needs two 2 gap interior linemen. Adams was brought here to play a 1 technique (shade off the C) and take single gap responsibility and get penetration, as he did in Baltimore next to Siragusa. I think this was a smart move. All things considered - age, performance, attitude, available alternatives, etc. - the biggest knock against him is that he doesn't fit the new D. Nothing personal. Strictly business.