A question about spam...

SDS

finally become counter productive?

"We've attempted to contact you to discuss your home. Your current laon has been pre aproved for a lwoer rtae. Laon Qaulifies for up to 3.4% or a more lwoer raet.

Vsiit here to confirm your information within 24 hours."

Is there someone who owns a house who would actually respond to an ad that had to misspell words that badly to bypass the spam filter?

Doesn't the ridiculous nature of most of these techniques just drive the response rate to zero?

"We've attempted to contact you to discuss your home. Your current laon has been pre aproved for a lwoer rtae.  Laon Qaulifies for up to 3.4% or a more lwoer raet.

Is there someone who owns a house who would actually respond to an ad that had to misspell words that badly to bypass the spam filter?

Doesn't the ridiculous nature of most of these techniques just drive the response rate to zero?

613648[/snapback]

So, VABills works part time in the mortgage loan industry?

"We've attempted to contact you to discuss your home. Your current laon has been pre aproved for a lwoer rtae.  Laon Qaulifies for up to 3.4% or a more lwoer raet.

613648[/snapback]

They just need one dumbazz to respond and it makes up for the thousands they do not even open up the e-mail. How many people get duped by telemarketers, people who show up at their door to sell them stuff, etc? It is really not that hard to find people like that.

They just need one dumbazz to respond and it makes up for the thousands they do not even open up the e-mail. How many people get duped by telemarketers, people who show up at their door to sell them stuff, etc? It is really not that hard to find people like that.

613692[/snapback]

Pretty easy to find. There is no level of government that has the ability to protect the over-credulous.

P.S. I hoped you liked my Korea responses on PPP. My wife told me I have to say at least two optimistic things per day... :D

613648[/snapback]

Whenever we call our mortage company for something, they ask if we want to re-fi. I tell them if they can get my 4% locked for the life of the loan, sure I'll think about it. They pretty much cut the conversation short at that cmment.

613648[/snapback]

When I read how many people believe they're working a half-million-dollar financial transfer deal with the wife of a famous African stateman who recently was slain by errant gunfire, it's not difficult to believe people respond to a grammatically messed up spam about your mortgage.

If you're trying to understand how it's possible, go to Walmart around 11 a.m. on a Saturday and just walk around the store.

When I read how many people believe they're working a half-million-dollar financial transfer deal with the wife of a famous African stateman who recently was slain by errant gunfire, it's not difficult to believe people respond to a grammatically messed up spam about your mortgage.

613775[/snapback]

so you're saying that i won't get 50 000$ for helping a few nigerians :lol::lol:

While you guys were getting Spam...I won a cool $$Million in a lottery I never entered. See ya, Suckers!:

EMAIL LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKES

(LUCKYDAY LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL,AMSTERDAM THE NEDERLANDS)

Ref. Number: 087/109/2208

Batch Number: 4444-7993-JA 4L

Sir/Madam

We are pleased to inform you about the result of the Lottery Winners International

programs held on the 17th of February, 2006. Your e-mail address attached to ticket

number 15666040- with serial number 5185-888 drew lucky numbers 2-34-90-57-1101 which

consequently won in the 1st category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum

pay out of US$ 1,000,000.00 (One Million United States Dollars)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Due to the mix up of some numbers and name's we ask that you keep your winning

information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money Remitted

to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and

unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawnfrom over 15,000

company and 10,000,000 individual email addresses and names

from all over the world. This promotional program takes place every three

years.

This lottery was promoted by the software corporation to compensate some

few individuals with website and email addresses, we hope that with part of

your winning you will take part in our next year USD15 million internationallottery.

To file for your claim, please contact our FIDUCIAL AGENT:

Dr. Peterson Van Dijk

TEL: +31-626-774-360

Email:guarantytrust202@netscape.net!

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than 17th of March,2006. After

this date all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake.

Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications

please remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all

correspondence. Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our

agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of

our promotional program.

Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.

Sincerely yours,

Mrs. Wendy Smith.

Lottery Coordinator.

While you guys were getting Spam...I won a cool $$Million in a lottery I never entered.  See ya, Suckers!:

EMAIL LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKES

(LUCKYDAY LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL,AMSTERDAM THE NEDERLANDS)

Ref. Number: 087/109/2208

Batch Number: 4444-7993-JA 4L

Sir/Madam

We are pleased to inform you about the result of the Lottery Winners International

programs held on the 17th of February, 2006. Your e-mail address attached to ticket

number 15666040- with serial number 5185-888 drew lucky numbers 2-34-90-57-1101 which

consequently won in the 1st category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum

pay out of US$ 1,000,000.00 (One Million United States Dollars)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Due to the mix up of some numbers and name's  we ask that you keep your winning

information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money Remitted

to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and

unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawnfrom over 15,000

company and 10,000,000 individual email addresses and names

from all over the world. This promotional program takes place every three

years.

This lottery was promoted by the software corporation to compensate some

few individuals with website and email addresses,  we hope that with part of

your winning you will take part in our next year USD15 million internationallottery.

To file for your claim, please contact our FIDUCIAL AGENT:

Dr. Peterson Van Dijk

TEL: +31-626-774-360

Email:guarantytrust202@netscape.net!

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than 17th of March,2006. After

this date all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake.

Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications

please remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all

correspondence.  Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our

agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of

our promotional program.

Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.

Sincerely yours,

Mrs. Wendy Smith.

Lottery Coordinator.

613997[/snapback]

Wendy Smith owes me money. I gave her money for gas once.