Mario Williams

Whoa boy! This "freak" is 6'7" and 295#, ran a 4.66 40-yard (regardless of what you think if the 40-yard dash, that is SICK!), and benched 225# 35 times. If I'm the Bills, I'm trying ANYTHING I can to trade up and get this guy, and if that doesn't work, take Davis at #8. That is, if Ferguson isn't there (and he probably won't be).

If Davis is the guy in the 1st, trade the Bills' 2nd rounder (10th in the round, 42nd overall) and their own 3rd rounder (9th, 73rd) for the 28th pick in the draft and take Bunkley.

Guest BackInDaDay
Whoa boy!  This "freak" is 6'7" and 295#, ran a 4.66 40-yard (regardless of what you think if the 40-yard dash, that is SICK!), and benched 225# 35 times.  If I'm the Bills, I'm trying ANYTHING I can to trade up and get this guy, and if that doesn't work, take Davis at #8.  That is, if Ferguson isn't there (and he probably won't be).

If Davis is the guy in the 1st, trade the Bills' 2nd rounder (10th in the round, 42nd overall) and their own 3rd rounder (9th, 73rd) for the 28th pick in the draft and take Bunkley.

613231[/snapback]

100% agree on Williams. He's the kind of guy you have to account for each play.

We need a pass rush, and Kelsy doesn't have this kid's talent.

Wonder how long that DT from Florida St. will last? Massive 2-gapper looks more agile than Ngata.

Didn't we already draft him a couple of years ago? Name sounds familiar...

:D

613300[/snapback]

I guess he's what you call a perpetual prospect :D

You get this guy and keep Kelsay and Denney, our crappy DEs would be some of the best in the league. I like Kelsay as a run stopper and Denney has played well at times. I always wondered what Schobel could do with a good to decent end across from him. Problem is Williams is gonna probably be a top 5 pick. But this guy could be a real difference maker and make our D a whole lot better.

Mario Williams is the best hope we have. If three QBs, Bush, Hawk, and Ngata go in the top 7, then we only need one team to stretch for us to get Mario without trading up. I don't see that happening, so I would consider a trade up. I'm excited over the Davis excitement, because as much as I like him, we need a lineman, so getting him into the top 7 would help.

Any other ideas on player who could crack the top 7 with rising stock combine performances?

Mario Williams is the best hope we have.  If three QBs, Bush, Hawk, and Ngata go in the top 7, then we only need one team to stretch for us to get Mario without trading up.  I don't see that happening, so I would consider a trade up.  I'm excited over the Davis excitement, because as much as I like him, we need a lineman, so getting him into the top 7 would help.

Any other ideas on player who could crack the top 7 with rising stock combine performances?

613482[/snapback]

Yeah, how bout D'Brick? :D

i don't think you'll have to trade up from #8 to get williams. I think we sit tight, a good player will be there -- can't afford to give up draft picks, we have too many needs. Ngata, williams, davis, huff -- one of them will be there.

Remember, we have not locked nate up beyond next year, and milloy and vincent aren't getting any younger.

I love bunckley, would consider trading DOWN for an extra pick to take him also. How about our #8 for a 15ish pick, plus a #2 this year or next years #1.

You get this guy and keep Kelsay and Denney, our crappy DEs would be some of the best in the league.  I like Kelsay as a run stopper and Denney has played well at times.  I always wondered what Schobel could do with a good to decent end across from him.  Problem is Williams is gonna probably be a top 5 pick.  But this guy could be a real difference maker and make our D a whole lot better.

613456[/snapback]

From what I've seen of Kelsay, I'd like him to hit the bricks. Major disappointment. Denney on the other hand isn't flashy, but stands up against the run better than Kelsay and also (with less snaps), had more sacks IIRC. If Denney can be resigned reasonably, I'd say do it in a heart beat.

Kelsay is the guy that wears me out. To me, he must come up big this year or simply go away.

Whoa boy!  This "freak" is 6'7" and 295#, ran a 4.66 40-yard (regardless of what you think if the 40-yard dash, that is SICK!), and benched 225# 35 times.  If I'm the Bills, I'm trying ANYTHING I can to trade up and get this guy, and if that doesn't work, take Davis at #8.  That is, if Ferguson isn't there (and he probably won't be).

613231[/snapback]

this seems like the type of guy Marv would be looking for. I rather see us use a 1st rounder on a DE not a DT

Guest BackInDaDay
this seems like the type of guy Marv would be looking for.  I rather see us use a 1st rounder on a DE not a DT

614005[/snapback]

Pass rush! Pass rush! Pass rush!

If we can't get pressure with the front 4, Milloy and Vincent are gonna have strokes out there.

We've got a pretty good DE in Schobel. Put this kid on the other side. With Kelsay and Denney backing them up. That's a start.

DT Anderson finished strong and will get better. Seems to have a knack for playing on the other side of the LOS. Must have a mad assortment of skills. :lol: Now it's a matter of Adams?, Edwards?, Bannan?, FA?, rookie? to be enough of a menace to draw a double-team every so often.

Take care of our D-line first. With aging safeties and a thin LB corp executing the TBC2, our new and improved :lol: O-line will be lucky to get on the field for 20 minutes a game unless we've got a force up there.

That sarcasm is for, I'll believe it when I see it. :lol: