• March Madness Final 4
    • The Masters
    • NBA Finals
    • Stanley Cup Finals
    • Indianapolis 500
    • Wimbledon
    • The World Series
    • Other (specify)

Dang, I would have voted for the World Cup (other), too.....I voted before I read the thread :D

I really haven't watched much of the Olympics, but when the WC comes on this year, I'll be keeping tabs on that every night. I love international soccer!

World Cup!  I would love to wave the American flag at a world cup!

611589[/snapback]

I'll be right there with ya Pete...The Women's Worl Cup matches I have attended were great, I can imagine how the men's matches would be..

heh

you won't be waving it for very long this year :D

612101[/snapback]

If the good ol' USA doesn't get it done, my German countrymen will wipe their assses with the Italians....and the French, for that matter :D

If the good ol' USA doesn't get it done, my German countrymen will wipe their assses with the Italians....and the French, for that matter :rolleyes:

612195[/snapback]

the Germans....

they're a great team but France and Italy are more talented than them.

Obviously FIFA World Cup is #1. Stanley Cup Playoffs are my #2, unless the Sabres are in it, then it's #1.

And I will be waving my American flag in Germany this year! Me and a buddy have our trip booked. We've got USA tickets through the Quarterfinals. I'm excited about our group, it's tough but we're far more skilled then people give us credit for. Our group is the perfect group to show the world that we are an elite team. We just a hand ball away from possibly getting into the semi-finals last time around.

And if USA tanks, I got Polska to cheer for!

As far as worst, it has to be the Super Bowl. There's one good Super Bowl game for every three bad ones. And the commercials have been getting worse. By far the most over-hyped sporting event in the history of the world.

OK, I gotta ask: the MASTERS ?!?!?

I play some golf. And yeah, I normally watch the last round. But better than anything else on that list? Really? :rolleyes:

(Full disclosure: I voted for the Stanley Cup finals. Two years ago, I bought my big-screen TV so I could have it for the NHL playoffs...)

OK, I gotta ask: the MASTERS ?!?!?

I play some golf. And yeah, I normally watch the last round. But better than anything else on that list? Really? :rolleyes:

(Full disclosure: I voted for the Stanley Cup finals. Two years ago, I bought my big-screen TV so I could have it for the NHL playoffs...)

612362[/snapback]

just to see the habs get sweeped by tampa bay?

Obviously FIFA World Cup is #1. Stanley Cup Playoffs are my #2, unless the Sabres are in it, then it's #1.

And I will be waving my American flag in Germany this year! Me and a buddy have our trip booked. We've got USA tickets through the Quarterfinals. I'm excited about our group, it's tough but we're far more skilled then people give us credit for. Our group is the perfect group to show the world that we are an elite team. We just a hand ball away from possibly getting into the semi-finals last time around.

And if USA tanks, I got Polska to cheer for!

As far as worst, it has to be the Super Bowl. There's one good Super Bowl game for every three bad ones. And the commercials have been getting worse. By far the most over-hyped sporting event in the history of the world.

612328[/snapback]

Man....I would KILL to go to that with you guys.....that's going go be a friggin trip of a lifetime! I usually get really envious of Pete and all his adventures around the world, but I have to say a trip to Germany for the World Cup would be about the best trip I could ever imagine. Lucky BASTARD!!!!!!! lol

Damn, I'm getting psyched....when does it all start? I need to check into what kind of packages my cable carrier has available. Hopefully they have a nice high def package for a reasonable sum :rolleyes:

Man....I would KILL to go to that with you guys.....that's going go be a friggin trip of a lifetime!  I usually get really envious of Pete and all his adventures around the world, but I have to say a trip to Germany for the World Cup would be about the best trip I could ever imagine. Lucky BASTARD!!!!!!! lol

Damn, I'm getting psyched....when does it all start? I need to check into what kind of packages my cable carrier has available. Hopefully they have a nice high def package for a reasonable sum :rolleyes:

612371[/snapback]

starts end of may

I think Italy - USA is the second game.

starts end of may

I think Italy - USA is the second game.

612379[/snapback]

Awesome....that should be a great match. As long as the USA comes out of their group with Italy, I'm cool....I wonder if Freddy Adu will end up on the team....that would be pretty damn interesting. He's obviously still pretty raw, but what a talent. I watched a few of his MLS games, and his short bursts and break aways are amazing. What an exciting player he's going to be.

I actually didn't realize that Poland was as strong as they are....that should definitely be a fun team to watch, along with Australia. I don't see Australia making it out of their group, but kudos to them for getting back on the map.

Awesome....that should be a great match. As long as the USA comes out of their group with Italy, I'm cool....I wonder if Freddy Adu will end up on the team....that would be pretty damn interesting. He's obviously still pretty raw, but what a talent. I watched a few of his MLS games, and his short bursts and break aways are amazing. What an exciting player he's going to be.

I actually didn't realize that Poland was as strong as they are....that should definitely be a fun team to watch, along with Australia. I don't see Australia making it out of their group, but kudos to them for getting back on the map.

612391[/snapback]

sorry to say but i think odds are USA does not get out of that group. Czech Republic is a great team.

sorry to say but i think odds are USA does not get out of that group.  Czech Republic is a great team.

612393[/snapback]

I don't know man, we're on a roll!!!

I don't know man, we're on a roll!!!

612400[/snapback]

lol

and what is this roll you're on

US has some decent players, like Landon Donovan but Czech and Italy are filled with players much better. Even if they play hard as a team it will be a very difficult task but if they do somehow pass the group, it will be a good thing for the program.