Hutchinson is still an option as a FA

Stl Bills

Seems like everyone on this board is saying we should throw some money at Bentley, who is looking for a deal around 5 years 30mil. Don't get me wrong I would love Bentley but IMHO Hutch is the best guard in the NFL. For around 30 million I think we have a shot. If we were able to sign him to an offer sheet, that would leave Seattle with a choice between signing Hutch or Alexander. Anyway its not probable by any means, but still possible.

Seems like everyone on this board is saying we should throw some money at Bentley, who is looking for a deal around 5 years 30mil.  Don't get me wrong I would love Bentley but IMHO Hutch is the best guard in the NFL.  For around 30 million I think we have a shot.  If we were able to sign him to an offer sheet, that would leave Seattle with a choice between signing Hutch or Alexander.  Anyway its not probable by any means, but still possible.

611430[/snapback]

You're right Spikes was cincy's transition player when the Bills signed him, but as TD says if we sign Hutchinson we might just be doing Seattle's work, as they can match the offer.

You're right Spikes was cincy's transition player when the Bills signed him, but as TD says if we sign Hutchinson we might just be doing Seattle's work, as they can match the offer.

611432[/snapback]

They obviously didn't sign him long term because they couldn't afford to do so and can anyone actually see them NOT signing Alexander? IMHO they have to sign the MVP of the NFL (and face of the organization) to a long term deal. If they do, is there any money left over to match an offer sheet on Hutch? There might be (I'm not that familiar with Seattle's cap situation) but if there is why didn't they just sign him? I don't why they didn't Franchise tag this guy.

hutch is out of our league as far a spending.....i think we should focus on bentley draft the brick and keep justin peters at right tackle...that seems like a very realistic way to fix a line and it wont break the bank.....we can also cut moulds and say replace him with joe jurvicious and use the left over 2 million on our draft picks or to help on defense.if we do take the brick 1st we can use the rest of the draft on defense.go bills in'06

Sign them both. We are likely cutting Moulds anyway. I gotta beleive that the money we were paying two first rounders, one an all pro and both at higher paying positions than center and guard is enough to nab these guys. OT's are better paid than interior lineman, especially when they are the 4th pick in the draft. Shouldn't the money we were paying MW be at least close to enough to sign Bentley or Hutch? WR's, especially pro bowler like Moulds are definitely paid better than centers. Why wouldn't Moulds' money be enough, or at least close, to get LeCharles?

Other teams seem to be able to juggle the books to make a big move now and then. If ever there was a year where we could do the same, its gotta be this year given the two huge contracts we are dumping.

C'mon Marv, pull off a coup like you did with Biscuit. Show us ya still got it.

I'd rather land Bentley. I am a firm believer that it all starts with the center. That said, one of the things TD did correctly was offer Takeo a pay package with a large first-year number, which forced a then-cap hampered Bengals. Same thing will apply here. The team that offers Hutch the biggest first-year number will be the team the Seahawks will have to give up to.

I'd rather land Bentley. I am a firm believer that it all starts with the center. That said, one of the things TD did correctly was offer Takeo a pay package with a large first-year number, which forced a then-cap hampered Bengals. Same thing will apply here. The team that offers Hutch the biggest first-year number will be the team the Seahawks will have to give up to.

612437[/snapback]

Very good point about the first year number.

I would prefer Hutch, but the fly in the ointment is likely to be the 7 day waiting period. If Seattle was to exercise their option to match, Bentley is likely to be already signed with another club.

Both of these guys are going to be paid OT money. Supply and demand, ya know?

They obviously didn't sign him long term because they couldn't afford to do so and can anyone actually see them NOT signing Alexander?  IMHO they have to sign the MVP of the NFL (and face of the organization) to a long term deal.  If they do, is there any money left over to match an offer sheet on Hutch?  There might be (I'm not that familiar with Seattle's cap situation) but if there is why didn't they just sign him?  I don't why they didn't Franchise tag this guy.

611438[/snapback]

I here what you're saying about saving face, but, Alexander is a terriffic RB in large part because of that awesome left side of the OL. If Seattle is planning on keeping one or the other, they'd be wise to keep Hutch. Seattle could replace SA, not so sure about Hutch.

Sign them both.  We are likely cutting Moulds anyway.  I gotta beleive that  the money we were paying two first rounders, one an all pro and both at higher paying positions than center and guard is enough to nab these guys.  OT's are better paid than interior lineman, especially when they are the 4th pick in the draft.  Shouldn't the money we were paying MW be at least close to enough to sign Bentley or Hutch?  WR's, especially pro bowler like Moulds are definitely paid better than centers.  Why wouldn't Moulds' money be enough, or at least close, to get LeCharles? 

Other teams seem to be able to juggle the books to make a big move now and then.  If ever there was a year where we could do the same, its gotta be this year given the two huge contracts we are dumping.

C'mon Marv, pull off a coup like you did with Biscuit.  Show us ya still got it.

611752[/snapback]

I agree wholeheartedly. The Bills need to take some drastic measures to not only improve the O-Line but to make it stupendous. It all starts on the O-line. #21 gives us our best chance to win. Not JP, not LE and not EM. Willis is the way. Give him a great line and have him lose a few pounds and watch out NFL!!!

Marv almost brags that he was against the Biscuit trade. :D

611803[/snapback]

That's actually one of the best things about Marv...his ability and willingness to talk about his past misjudgements and mistakes. PLUS, it shows he can collaborate and compromise when it comes to personnell.

You know you LOVE Marv, KtD!