I'd love to see these guys next season

Ramius

FS Chris Hope and SS Adam Archuleta

Both are young guys, Hope had a better year last season than polamalu (and it doesnt hurt hes from FSU :lol:)

Archuleta is a beast as well. If there was a way to guarantee we could have these 2, i'd kiss milloy and vincent goodbye in a heartbeat.

Both are also unrestricted free agents...

Edited by Ramius

Hope had a better year last season than polamalu (and it doesnt hurt hes from FSU :lol:)

Both are also unrestricted free agents...

610724[/snapback]

If it were me I'd re-phrase that to "Hope had a better statistical year last season" .

He is in no way shape or form even close to being as good a player as Polamalu. :lol:

With that said, he'd be an upgrade over Vincent...

If it were me I'd re-phrase that to "Hope had a better statistical year last season" .

He is in no way shape or form even close to being as good a player as Polamalu.  ;)

610741[/snapback]

Maybe the Steelers dump Polamalu to keep Hope. :lol::lol:

i'd take hope and dump milloy

that'd give us

vince

hope

mcgee

clements

we'd also draft a future SS on day one.

that is a very solid D, epsecially for cover 2 (remember what our team did against carolina and steve smith using a cover 2 type D)

Hope:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302053

Polamalu:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396174

Hope had more interceptions. Had similar numbers of tackles. Polamalu had more sacks.

610960[/snapback]

so this means hope is better? wow.... how about this, if you could only pick one safety, which of the two would it be?...... my point exactly, hope has more interceptions because he plays deep as opposed to troy who plays up. I dont care if hope had 200 tackles and 10 int's, there isnt a better safety at either position in the league right now better than Polamalu.

I'd be down with that Ramius. By the way, Archuletta IS NOT Coy Wire. Wire is one of a kind and that kind SUCKS! He's not Ed Reed in coverage, but he's not bad and can play the run and lay the wood. As for Hope, I think he's a good, solid up and comer.

so this means hope is better? wow.... how about this, if you could only pick one safety, which of the two would it be?...... my point exactly, hope has more interceptions because he plays deep as opposed to troy who plays up. I dont care if hope had 200 tackles and 10 int's, there isnt a better safety at either position in the league right now better than Polamalu.

611002[/snapback]

Agreed

Hope:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302053

Polamalu:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396174

Hope had more interceptions. Had similar numbers of tackles. Polamalu had more sacks.

610960[/snapback]

First off ans4e64 is right. Hope is playing deep in the defensive scheme. The other thing that you need to take into account is that who would you rather take your chance throwing at, Polamalu or Hope? MOst coaches would say Hope based on the fact that you don't want to let someone like Polamalu get the chance to rip the game wide open with an interception.

First off ans4e64 is right. Hope is playing deep in the defensive scheme. The other thing that you need to take into account is that who would you rather take your chance throwing at, Polamalu or Hope? MOst coaches would say Hope based on the fact that you don't want to let someone like Polamalu get the chance to rip the game wide open with an interception.

611127[/snapback]

To avoid throwing interceptions you throw toward the guy that had more interceptions?

OK, but TP was in the backfield making sacks and creating chaos a large percentage of the time too.

611158[/snapback]

Wow are you serious? What the main point is, is that even though Hope had a better statistical season than Polamalu does not mean he is as good as Polamalu!

People don't want to give a playmaker like Polamalu the opportunity to make a play, so they avoid him as much as possible. Which means you do not throw in his direction and you pick on the other guy.

Even if Polamalu was in the backfield on blitz's most of the time, the question you have to ask is, how many times did Polamalu force a bad throw from the qb, and also how many of those interceptions will transfer over when Polamalu is not putting pressure on the qb.

Hope is a missile but he had some issues in coverage this year.

Even with Vincent not yet having panned out the way we had hoped for, I'd still be more comfortable with him at the Free than I would with Hope.

Wow are you serious? What the main point is, is that even though Hope had a better statistical season than Polamalu does not mean he is as good as Polamalu!

People don't want to give a playmaker like Polamalu the opportunity to make a play, so they avoid him as much as possible. Which means you do not throw in his direction and you pick on the other guy.

Even if Polamalu was in the backfield on blitz's most of the time, the question you have to ask is, how many times did Polamalu force a bad throw from the qb, and also how many of those interceptions will transfer over when Polamalu is not putting pressure on the qb.

611167[/snapback]

You throw at or away from corners much more than safeties.

The point is not whether Hope is better than TP or not. The point is whether Hope is better than our players.

Me, I think we have bigger needs (although in a perfect world i'd like better safeties).