Marv is warning the fans

Gambler

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres all that doom and gloom that seemed to have gone away.

Putting together a winning football team is not easy to do? Really, so many people do it so well on here.

Who says the bills can't be a winning team next year. We went from just missing the playoffs the year before to 5-11 last year because we lost a few players to FA. Who says we can't do the opposite next year.

You can't say anything til atleast preseason when we see the team that will be on the field. But all of you can cause this is where all the great football minds gather before they become top GM's and Coaches in the NFL.

Just to clear up some miscommunication:

The coaching staff is not top quality. Can't anybody be honest on this board or is it constant cheerleading all the time?

610759[/snapback]

We're fans. We're supposed to cheerlead. You still haven't answered my question.

I've challenged the board to confess to their predictions for last year and mysteriously all the 10-6 optimists developed amnesia!

610759[/snapback]

Yes, and I've challenged you to come up with some sort of concrete evidence or explanation for your assessment of a coaching staff you've never seen in action -- well?

Just to clear up some miscommunication:

I think Mike Williams was a disaster, his getting cut was evidence of this mistake.

The coaching staff is not top quality. Can't anybody be honest on this board or is it constant cheerleading all the time?

If Marv was misquoted that the Bills will be very hard to turn around then I have to blame the idiot reporter.

And yes, there are many people on this board who think the Bills will have a winning season next year. Yikes.

Last year most people here were saying 10-6 at worst. I wish there was a way for last year's predictions to be posted again for all to see.

I've challenged the board to confess to their predictions for last year and mysteriously all the 10-6 optimists developed amnesia!

610759[/snapback]

Oooohhh big honest man. I'm so scared!

Seriously, give us all a break with the "Only I see the reality" BS. Yes, the Bills have problems, but no one knows exactly how things will turn out next year. No one. If so, why not live in hope? Or is it really so much more fun to choose to be gloomy?

Can't anybody be honest on this board or is it constant cheerleading all the time?

Last year most people here were saying 10-6 at worst. I wish there was a way for last year's predictions to be posted again for all to see.

610759[/snapback]

Constant Cheerleading? Most thought 10-6 at WORST?????

How long have you been a member of TSW? Oh I thought so :lol:

Okay I am willing to go on record and say that the Bills will have a winning season this year. We will still miss the playoffs but will have made great strides. I dont care if you label me as nuts or a diehard fan.

610764[/snapback]

Or, you can label me a diehard nut!

How is it so difficult to imagine the Bills having a winning record in 2006?

Here's the '06 opposition:

Home: Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets, Packers, Patriots, Titans, Vikings, Chargers

Away: Bears, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Lions, Patriots, Texans, Ravens

We should beat both the Dolphin and Jets twice, plus Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, and Houston. We should be able to at least split with the Patsies - they're not the team they once were, have lost their second OC in as many years, and Brady has shown that he's not infallible - and I can see us picking up another 2 wins against the remaining teams (Jaguars, Titans, Chargers, Bears, Colts, Ravens).

I'm not saying we're going 19 and 0 (OK - I am until our first loss), but given the new coaching staff, a positive attitude, and a few improvements on the field and heck, we damned well oughta have a winning season and a shot at the playoffs! No?

Or, you can label me a diehard nut!

How is it so difficult to imagine the Bills having a winning record in 2006?

Here's the '06 opposition:

Home: Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets, Packers, Patriots, Titans, Vikings, Chargers

Away: Bears, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Lions, Patriots, Texans, Ravens

We should beat both the Dolphin and Jets twice, plus Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, and Houston.  We should be able to at least split with the Patsies - they're not the team they once were, have lost their second OC in as many years, and Brady has shown that he's not infallible - and I can see us picking up another 2 wins against the remaining teams (Jaguars, Titans, Chargers, Bears, Colts, Ravens).

I'm not saying we're going 19 and 0 (OK - I am until our first loss), but given the new coaching staff, a positive attitude, and a few improvements on the field and heck, we damned well oughta have a winning season and a shot at the playoffs!  No?

610800[/snapback]

I do not know how it can be concluded that the Bills will beat Miami twice (I see a split at best) but you know what, about 8-12 months ago, this team was being touted as a team that can be a dangerious team, make the playoffs, and even win a game or two in the playoffs.

Now today, this team has been completely written off as a complete dud with no hope. And plus most of the pieces from that team that was touted so high is still around (Spikes being a huge question mark I understand that but I think he will be ok)

Why can't the Bills make strides on the OL and DT and improve their record to say 9-7? Not impossible.

I do not know how it can be concluded that the Bills will beat Miami twice (I see a split at best) but you know what, about 8-12 months ago, this team was being touted as a team that can be a dangerious team, make the playoffs, and even win a game or two in the playoffs.

Now today, this team has been completely written off as a complete dud with no hope.  And plus most of the pieces from that team that was touted so high is still around (Spikes being a huge question mark I understand that but I think he will be ok)

Why can't the Bills make strides on the OL and DT and improve their record to say 9-7?  Not impossible.

610805[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right - it's certainly not a forgone conclusion that we sweep the Dolphins - I just figured that since we beat 'em twice last season - that's right we beat 'em twice, only Mularkey lost us the second game - then we could do it again this season.

I think we surprised some pundits against KC, and I know we surprised everyone against the Bengals. (Unfortunately, it was a meaningless win that probably cost us D'Brickashaw Ferguson).

Couldn't agree with ya more, though. I just can't figure out where the pessimism comes from, especially just weeks after a new front office and coaching staff and before any free agency moves, the draft, or first OTA! I can't imagine how anyone gets through life with the attitude, "Oh my gosh, we're gonna lose...Oh God, we sukc...etc." I wouldn't want someone like that on my team or in my organization - don't think Marv would either.

GO BILLS!!!

I just can't figure out where the pessimism comes from

610818[/snapback]

Come on, man. I understand the idea of being positive and being on board with the new regime and all that. But if you can't figure out where the pessimism from certain parties comes from, you're not being honest with yourself. We have become an afterthought and an alsoran around the league. We've been remarkably miserable for some time now. I personally like the new direction of this team and hope against hope that we'll get it right sooner than later. It will not be overnight, however. Man, I love this team. But it just hasn't been much fun with all the incompetancy the past 10 or so years. That doesn't make one any less a fan for expressing that.

Constant Cheerleading?  Most thought 10-6 at WORST?????

How long have you been a member of TSW? Oh I thought so  :lol:

610798[/snapback]

OK here is your chance to start the ball rolling - what was your prediction for last year and what is your prediction for next year?

Oh I thought so?

OK here is your chance to start the ball rolling - what was your prediction for last year and what is your prediction for next year?

Oh I thought so?

610856[/snapback]

That didnt take long now did it?

Maybe you should check facts before bring this attitude to the Wall.

Also for this year...I say 8-8...call me a homer with pom-poms then! :lol::lol:;)

And yes I was WAY off on the Ravens Ill take the heat for that :D

Come on, man. I understand the idea of being positive and being on board with the new regime and all that. But if you can't figure out where the pessimism from certain parties comes from, you're not being honest with yourself. We have become an afterthought and an alsoran around the league. We've been remarkably miserable for some time now. I personally like the new direction of this team and hope against hope that we'll get it right sooner than later. It will not be overnight, however. Man, I love this team. But it just hasn't been much fun with all the incompetancy the past 10 or so years. That doesn't make one any less a fan for expressing that.

610850[/snapback]

I understand, and you are correct - it doesn't make one any less of a fan, but I think it makes being a fan less fun.

Why 'throw in the towel' before the fight has even started? Amazing things can, and do happen - just think of the Houston comeback.

Things will get better.

We're fans.  We're supposed to cheerlead.  You still haven't answered my question.

Yes, and I've challenged you to come up with some sort of concrete evidence or explanation for your assessment of a coaching staff you've never seen in action -- well?

610781[/snapback]

What kind of concrete evidence would satisfy you? First of all, I HAVE seen many of them in action. Some with the Bills and most elsewhere. They have mediocre records.

Superficially, look at the track records of the coaches hired. Do you see a rich tradition of winning among them? Jauron has the best record and his is mediocre.

Let me ask you why you think the Bills coaching staff is top quality? Are you predicting a winning record in 2006?

Please provide concrete evidence.

I think they will have a losing record in 2006. 6-10 maybe. A couple reasons:

There is no established starting QB, the OL is questionable at best, the DL is equally questionable, the coaching staff has never worked together before, the GM is learning on the job, etc.

What kind of concrete evidence would satisfy you?  First of all, I HAVE seen many of them in action. Some with the Bills and most elsewhere. They have mediocre records.

610867[/snapback]

Yes, because the only factor to a football team's record is the coach. Nothing else effects it besides coaching, so its okay to use their record as a baseline for telling how good they are.

Coaching is the only thing that determines whether a team will win or lose a game.

What kind of concrete evidence would satisfy you?  First of all, I HAVE seen many of them in action. Some with the Bills and most elsewhere. They have mediocre records.

Superficially, look at the track records of the coaches hired. Do you see a rich tradition of winning among them? Jauron has the best record and his is mediocre.

Let me ask you why you think the Bills coaching staff is top quality? Are you predicting a winning record in 2006?

I think they will have a losing record in 2006. 6-10 maybe. A couple reasons:

There is no established starting QB, the OL is questionable at best, the DL is equally questionable, the coaching staff has never worked together before, the GM is learning on the job, etc.

610867[/snapback]

You got ice water in your veins man, cold very cold.

Are you predicting a winning record in 2006?

610867[/snapback]

I am confused.

Do you want concrete evidence that one is predicting that the Bills will have a winning record in 2006?

Or concrete evidence that the Bills will have had a winning record in 2006 when the season ends?

The latter presents some difficulty, since not a single down has been played. As for the former, yes - I do, most concretely, predict a winning season in '06.