Land of the Free, My Ass

EIL, was that really you who posted that? Do you realize that you gave us a perfect description of today's liberals?

I am friggin impressed! You go EIL!!!!!!!!  :D  :)  :lol:  :D  :)  :D

609302[/snapback]

I am not a "today liberal." :D

I consider myself "liberal"... For lack of a better term.

Now RK has a point... That ham setup better not go beyond "looks" then we got a problem Houston.

As much as my neighbors can act like slobs... It isn't in my right to tell them how to live their life on their property... I can grumble all I want... But, I will always do my best to correct a situation... Even if it means helping a neighbor out by mowing his lawn when it gets ratty, so be it... Sure, you can step on a lot of toes sometimes... But, who is gonna argue in the longrun?

People are so insecure nowadays... Nothing wrong with doing a "little extra", "going the extra mile." Maybe more people should start... It could "rub off."

The "it is not my job mentality" has got to go!

I will be in you neighborhood to pick up any loose trash at 0830 Bill, grant me a mid morning smile... ;):D;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill not sure if you live in a neighborhood with an HOA, but we have one that is pretty non-intrussive.  However, friends who live in one up the road have their HOA acting like Stalin and the Communist party.  They got fined for parking a boat in their driveway overnight, when they bought it and before they dropped it at the marina the next day.  150 dollars to the little driveway commies.

609307[/snapback]

I agree... That is wrong... My wife is probably more of that ilk.

My neighbors park a HumVee and a long race trailer across from my driveway on weekends in the summer... I got no problem with it... They park it in the same spot... My wife on the otherhand virtually becomes petrified when she backs out (me too, for other reasons :lol: ).

It isn't like somebody is giving you cancer or affecting your health... :D:D

Well, thats !@#$ing stupid...taking it too far.

But its also taking it too far some of the examples people are defending here. Like saying "they wouldnt mind" if their neighbors were slobs who didnt do the upkeep on their homes, painted them purple, hoisted huge radio transmitters on the roofs and God-knows-what-else.

My ass, they wouldnt mind.

Most people on a block get pissy if you take their "reserved" parking spot on the street overnight, let alone some of the examples above.

609341[/snapback]

Not me...

Just plug away... See a neighbor with garbage on their lawn... Pick it up. Snow-shoveling? Do the sidewalk and the two houses next to you.

People will quickly forget about your little quirks...

Heck, I even got the keys to my neighbor's house in case they go away or what not.

There is no excuse for not working hard and not being personable.

Of course I may grumble at times... But, you gotta blow it off and plug away!

:lol:

I live in persnickety Olde Towne Alexandria. I catch all kinds of grief over the engine block in the front yard, and the hound tied to the clothesline. You can't imagine.

609363[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Heck the engine, beater up on cinder blocks and the hound is probably not a problem... I will tell you what your problem is... It is the damn clothesline!

Some towns do have ordinances about hanging a line/clothes out to dry!

You guys gotta come to the very laid back midwest... Bass boats and race trailers are the norm!... Except for those damn snowmobiles riding on my lawn (but, I got tricks for them... I don't need no stinking HOA, trial and error is a pretty powerful lesson teacher.)

I do need to purchase a village sticker for my cars though... :lol::D

Land of the free, MY ASS!

and this from the "laid back midwest."

:lol::D:D

~Source, Chicago Sun-Times, 2-23-06:

Man arrested for bizarre request

A Lansing man has a penchant for watching females break things, authorities say. William Bowers, 29, of 18013 S. School St. in Lansing was charged last week with disorderly conduct, after approaching three student crossing guards near Coolidge Elementary School last Thursday and asking them to smash their cellular phones on the ground, authorities said. The students refused, and he left the scene, police said. Later, after he returned, police arrested him. Police charged Bowers with three counts of disorderly conduct. It was the third time police arrested Bowers under similar circumstances in the past year, police said. "Bowers commented to detectives that he enjoys watching girls break things," said Lansing police Det. Anthony Lucito.

What a perv... He gets them to break thier cell phones girls so they can't call anybody when he does something hideous!

Heck, I even got the keys to my neighbor's house in case they go away or what not.

610277[/snapback]

Just waiting for them to buy that big plasma before you use the key huh? But hey just like those in NOLA its your right to take it since they gave you the keys. Friggen liberals. :D

But I guess when you live in an area where everyone is expected to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars, hire out for pesticidal TruGreen landscaping, and Endless Pools, you have nothing to worry about except how the Jones' aren't living up to your standards b/c they pick a shade of blue that you don't find appealing.

610102[/snapback]

Holy massive overstatements, Batman.

First of all, let me be clear: it is not my fault you don't make hundreds of thousands of dollars. It is not my fault you apparently have no problem living the Fred Sanford lifestyle. And it especially is not my fault that some of us live in expensive homes while people like you generalize how people like me live our lives.

No one said anything about pissing on people's paint colors. Believe me, if the day ever comes that you're NOT the Fred Sanford living on your street, you'll probably have a change of mind. But quite honestly, with these kinds of mentally challenged over-generalizations at the core of your thought process, it's likely you will either never change your mind or never change your quality of life.

Pesticidal landscaping and endless pools. What a freakin' maroon. :lol:

Oh... And to clearify... They gave me the keys to let the dogs out and take care of the place when they are out.  I also gave them my keys to my "empire."

610304[/snapback]

So, in other words, neither one of you have sh-- worth stealing.

Neither do I. Best burglar proofing I know.

Car alarm?

Bah.

Car alarm?

Bah.

610920[/snapback]

I never figured you for a car alarm type. More of a detonator kind of guy. Someone swipes your car/truck? No problem. You just push a button and the problem is solved.

I never figured you for a car alarm type.  More of a detonator kind of guy.  Someone swipes your car/truck?  No problem. You just push a button and the problem is solved.

610979[/snapback]

It's probably more like don't have a car you'd miss. It's just a car. I'm too old to get laid because I have a cool car.

Holy massive overstatements, Batman.

First of all, let me be clear: it is not my fault you don't make hundreds of thousands of dollars. It is not my fault you apparently have no problem living the Fred Sanford lifestyle. And it especially is not my fault that some of us live in expensive homes while people like you generalize how people like me live our lives.

No one said anything about pissing on people's paint colors. Believe me, if the day ever comes that you're NOT the Fred Sanford living on your street, you'll probably have a change of mind. But quite honestly, with these kinds of mentally challenged over-generalizations at the core of your thought process, it's likely you will either never change your mind or never change your quality of life.

Pesticidal landscaping and endless pools. What a freakin' maroon. :lol:

610907[/snapback]

Because I have a "Different Strokes For Different Strokes" mentality about what people should be free to do on their own property, that makes me Fred Sanford with 20 rust-colored Cadillac lawn ornaments? I don't live in sloth; house has been appraised at $300K, and probably more since I built a 100' dry stone wall on it. There are people on my street that don't have the nicest of yards, yet my name isn't on the deed and what place is it of mine or anyone's to act like it is?."People like you" ... Wonderful, that.

You should've stayed in journalism, Mock. You fit it to a T.

If everyone here closes their eyes for a second, we can all visualize a high-pitched "NO-OOO-OOO! You need to do it MY way!!!"

Car alarm?

Bah.

610920[/snapback]

When my father moved to Florida he hardly ever locked his house - he just showed all the neighbors his floor console stereo system with the 8-track player and the 15 B&W TV with no cable - he never had a problem

I have always driven the family "heap" - don't have to lock it and even homeless people wouldn't curl up in the back seat - . I love parking next to shiny SUV's :lol:

P.S. My wife gets the good car and gets all antsy if I try and get her in mine :lol:

1996 Chevy Corsica (96,000 miles) and still purrs - sometimes like an M1 - but parts are readily available

Because I have a "Different Strokes For Different Strokes" mentality about what people should be free to do on their own property, that makes me Fred Sanford with 20 rust-colored Cadillac lawn ornaments? I don't live in sloth; house has been appraised at $300K, and probably more since I built a 100' dry stone wall on it. There are people on my street that don't have the nicest of yards, yet my name isn't on the deed and what place is it of mine or anyone's to act like it is?."People like you" ... Wonderful, that.

You should've stayed in journalism, Mock. You fit it to a T.

If everyone here closes their eyes for a second, we can all visualize a high-pitched "NO-OOO-OOO! You need to do it MY way!!!"

611101[/snapback]

So, when a "neighbor" starts doing auto repairs in his yard - you're cool with that ?

There was a immigrant (no habla) who moved in next to my sister - and who then opened an auto shop in his garage (his house) - this a nice, residential neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. After months of going through the enorcement motions, the operation was finally shut down by the fire marshall for 6 (six) tanks of explosive gases (acetelyne) in the garage - less than 30 feet from by sister's house.

There have to be rules unless you are surrounded by acreage

Car alarm?

Bah.

610920[/snapback]

I guess we got a lot in common... :lol:

I do have an alarm, but it is on a 12 year old car... :lol:

This isn't to say that my things look bad either... They don't... Everythiing is tip top tidy and new looking... I just like to take care of things for a long time.

So, when a "neighbor" starts doing auto repairs in his yard - you're cool with that ?

There was a immigrant (no habla) who moved in next to my sister - and who then  opened an auto shop in his garage (his house) - this a nice, residential  neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. After months of going through the enorcement motions, the operation was finally shut down by the fire marshall for 6 (six) tanks of explosive gases (acetelyne) in the garage - less than 30 feet from by sister's house. 

There have to be rules unless you are surrounded by acreage

611161[/snapback]

Agree!

On another note... You should she what people do when the lake (Lake Michigan) levels are down!

Who do you think they are gonna blame when the levels come back again? :lol::lol:

There has got to be rules becuase people can't use common sense.