Land of the Free, My Ass

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, to replace your cool car at a loss. My 95 Cougar does fine, and no one is going to steal it.

611305[/snapback]

you could have jack bauer, chuck norris and rambo guarding your car, if they want it they'll get it. even the gps technology or boomerang is a joke for most car thieves. anywho my 2001 Caravan has been untouched as well even though it is in the top 10 of stolen vehicles in my area.

So, when a "neighbor" starts doing auto repairs in his yard - you're cool with that ?

There was a immigrant (no habla) who moved in next to my sister - and who then  opened an auto shop in his garage (his house) - this a nice, residential  neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. After months of going through the enorcement motions, the operation was finally shut down by the fire marshall for 6 (six) tanks of explosive gases (acetelyne) in the garage - less than 30 feet from by sister's house. 

There have to be rules unless you are surrounded by acreage

611161[/snapback]

Big difference in letting people do what they want on their residential property and someone using said in a commercial or other capacity. That's what zoning is there for, and it's fairly straightforward. Fire and safety hazards need to be rectified for any structure; not saying those should be thrown to the wind.

It's the "You can't park your car in your driveway!" "You have to move your evergreens over there!" and "You can't cohabitate in sin with your girlfriend!" types that draw ire.

Those damn Founding Fathers and their "Pursuit of Happiness" garbage in the DoI! Guess they should have added a parenthetical "unless a group of your neighbors forbids such pursuits." :D

he fits in a Corsica :D

611466[/snapback]

Exactly. For some reason, I'm getting a mental image of Bubba Smith ripping the front seat out of the car in the first Police Academy movie... :lol:

Exactly. For some reason, I'm getting a mental image of Bubba Smith ripping the front seat out of the car in the first Police Academy movie... :lol:

611481[/snapback]

The Corsica is being replaced soon - the front seat is well "broken" in

Damn fine American vehicle - gave its' 10 years of service (to me)

The car will live on - gone to "Operation Homefront" shortly

http://www.operationhomefront.net/sandiego/

Living (basically) next to Camp Pendleton and seeing what the fine young Marine & Navy families (younger than my daughter- now) don't have :D

http://www.homefrontsandiego.org/aboutus.htm

I don't think you've ever met my good friend Bob. He's the (very) tall gentleman in the center of this picture.

611371[/snapback]

The "custom" helmet by Ms. Lori makes me look taller :D

The were rave reviews for the headgear at the 2005 tilt in Mission Valley even from the San Diego faithful who had longer memories than 2002.