Strange,blowhard Kennedy is so quiet on the Cheney

ASCI

could it be Chappaquiddick??? Hummmmmmm

The next morning (July 19, 1969) the police recovered Kennedy's car. Kopechne's body was discovered by diver John Farrar, who observed that a large amount of air was released from the car when it was righted in the water, and that the trunk, when opened, was remarkably dry. These observations and others have led some to believe that Kopechne had not drowned, but suffocated in an air pocket within the car.

The incident quickly blossomed into a scandal. Kennedy was criticized for allegedly driving drunk, for failing to save Kopechne, for failing to summon help immediately and for contacting not the police but rather his lawyer first.

Can you believe I got that paperback sitting in my basement!

:P  :doh:

606227[/snapback]

Yes I can - wanna see my garage bookcases ?

Look for this book - Sam Levinson (Levenson ?)

"From The People Who Brought You Pearl Harbor" (out of print)

RE: Japan & the Auto Industry - similar to the VW thing - ROTFLMAO

I lent (lost) my copy :doh:

But - If It Had Been a VW

http://www2.cruzio.com/~arlo/Volkslore.html

Who remembers that ad campaign ?  :P

606219[/snapback]

Remember the ad parody in National Lampoon? It had a VW Beetle floating and said " If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagon, he'd be President today." It looked exactly like the print ads then.

Kennedy and VW sued them. That resulted in ad parodies in print having a disclaimer.

Remember the ad parody in National Lampoon? It had a VW Beetle floating and said " If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagon, he'd be President today." It looked exactly like the print ads then.

Kennedy and VW sued them. That resulted in ad parodies  in print having a disclaimer.

606247[/snapback]

Remember ? - Like It Was Yesterday

I Remember When People Had A Sense Of Humor & There Was No 24 Hour Media Circus

Oh that's just what AD wants you to think. You are falling into his trap.

606113[/snapback]

if you had a freakin' brain you'd see right thru his trap

Oh wait a second, aren't you that Kirk Manloving tool? Nevermind then. American Idol is on. Oh look, something shiny!!!!

:P