Warren Sapp is being boycotted by Bay Area media

LabattBlue

Sapp's bad talk is a cheap shot

While wondering why certain NFL players don't pick on someone their own size ...

The aptly named Warren Sapp is up to his old tricks with those who helped make him wealthy and popular — the local print media. Fans wouldn't know it by watching his interviews on TV, or when cameras pan the sidelines, because the Oakland Raiders veteran defensive tackle seems friendly and cooperative.

Here's the reality: Sapp's rap is phony.

I have witnessed Sapp's surly act in the locker room, complete with bug-eyed sneer, when he played for Tampa Bay. It is neither pretty nor professional. And that is why nine Raiders beat writers from the Bay Area are boycotting Sapp, whose behavior is described as "condescending, rude and intimidating" by Steve Corkran of the Contra Costa Times.

The most recent incident involved the San Francisco Chronicle's Nancy Gay, whom Sapp recently called a "know-it-all (expletive)" because he thought she wrote an unflattering piece. One problem: It wasn't her story.

Sapp is hostile, belligerent and foul-mouthed.

How can one man weigh so much and be so small?

Gay is not endorsing the boycott but already had decided that she wouldn't interview Sapp anymore. "It's my personal way of saying, 'Enough already,' " she said. "If he can't treat me with dignity and respect, I don't want to have anything to do with him."

To the Raiders' credit, team executive Amy Trask asked Gay if she wanted Sapp to apologize; she declined. Best as we can tell, there isn't anything genuine that comes from Sapp, whose disingenuous yap will make him perfect for his next job: television.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/s...-saraceno_x.htm

Yikes, farther down in the column an interesting peice about Conrad Dobler....

Here's what happened to Conrad Dobler: When he played guard for the Cardinals in the '70s, Dobler was considered the dirtiest player in pro football, hence his autobiography, They Call Me Dirty. These days, the witty, tough Dobler helps care for his wife, Joy. She became a quadriplegic three years ago when she broke her neck. Dobler, who later played in New Orleans and Buffalo before retiring in 1981, owns a supplemental nursing service company in Overland Park, Kan. ...

Waaahhhhh, a football player is swearing and being mean to me...........

What the hell do these people expect when they walk into a locker room and start asking stupid questions to pissed off guys who've been getting the shlt beat out of them for the last several hours? If they don't like it they can go work the golf circuit.

Waaahhhhh, a football player is swearing and being mean to me...........

What the hell do these people expect when they walk into a locker room and start asking stupid questions to pissed off guys who've been getting the shlt beat out of them for the last several hours? If they don't like it they can go work the golf circuit.

44269[/snapback]

:devil:;):lol:

If you can't stand the heat.....