Kendrell Bell.....

Tom

I remember when the Chiefs creamed themselves waaaaay too early in FA a couple of years ago and signed Shawn Barber when they probably could have had a shot at Takeo Spikes if they just waited a week.  Their loss, our gain.

603294[/snapback]

Yes, because that whole Takeo thing is working out really well for us right now.

Yes, because that whole Takeo thing is working out really well for us right now.

603316[/snapback]

I'd say its worked out great...there are lot of things you can hate on the Bills for...but Takeo? The guy is our defensive leader and a staple of this franchise.

Sheesh, lets cut Takeo...friggin bum, how dare he get hurt on our watch?

I think he's referring more to the sub-500, nonplayoff seasons more than he is referring to Takeo Spikes himself.

Yeah 2 pro bowl seasons and then an unfortunate injury. He's been a real bum. Where's Eddie Robinson & Keith Neuman when ya need them?

603368[/snapback]

I'd say its worked out great...there are lot of things you can hate on the Bills for...but Takeo?  The guy is our defensive leader and a staple of this franchise.

Sheesh, lets cut Takeo...friggin bum, how dare he get hurt on our watch?

603416[/snapback]

Everyone thinks I'm bustin' on him for being a bum. He's not a bum. He was a great linebacker and tremendous team leader and a person who clearly would be wanted by any other team...if he wasn't hurt.

The odds of him successfully coming back from his injury are somewhere between horrible and really horrible. As a player, he will be a non-factor on this team next year. It's unfortunate, but very likely true.

Believe me. I want to be wrong about this. But I wouldn't get your hopes up on him returning to form.

Everyone thinks I'm bustin' on him for being a bum. He's not a bum. He was a great linebacker and tremendous team leader and a person who clearly would be wanted by any other team...if he wasn't hurt.

The odds of him successfully coming back from his injury are somewhere between horrible and really horrible. As a player, he will be a non-factor on this team next year. It's unfortunate, but very likely true.

Believe me. I want to be wrong about this. But I wouldn't get your hopes up on him returning to form.

603427[/snapback]

He`ll be back and with a fire in his soul. Don`t kick a wounded dog! 0:)

He`ll be back and with a fire in his soul. Don`t kick a wounded dog! 0:)

603478[/snapback]

Like I said...I hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. I hope he makes the big return to glory. I hope the whole team will. And it would be great for Spikes to wave at Cincy on our way up. It's just...in my expert professional medical opinion, he most likely won't. I know I'm not a doctor. But I play one online.

Yeah, he probably will never be able to come back from an injury like that. Its not like anyone has ever come back from a career threatening injury and come to play for the bills.

Its not like a running back was ever drafted to this team while still on crutches after blowing out his entire knee and come back to have 2 - 1000yd seasons in his first 2 years. Nope no one has ever done that before.

I believe Takeo is just the kind of person who will be able to rebound from an injury like this and come back at almost 100%. He is a very hard worker and a team leader that is probably rehabbing 24/7 right now to come back and prove to people he can be just as good as before his injury, maybe even better.

And to say that having him has not worked out well for us cause we have not made the playoffs the entire time he has been here? Its not like its anybody else on the teams fault, cause last time I checked, all you need is a dominant LB to win championships.

603427[/snapback]

horrible to really horrible? i think your odds are a little off......

by the way, did you say the same thing about jon jansen when he went down? he made a complete recovery from a torn achilles and started all 16 games last year, looking as domiant as ever......

by the way, did you say the same thing about jon jansen when he went down? he made a complete recovery from a torn achilles and started all 16 games last year, looking as domiant as ever......

603774[/snapback]

I'm not saying you can't come back from a torn achilles and not look domiant :devil: . I'm just saying, there is absolutely nothing right now that indicates he'll be fully recovered for 16 games next year. Nothing. And while you can count Jon Jansen as one of the people who did recover from a torn achilles, maybe we should start a list of all the people who haven't.

Anyone have a magic 8-ball?  I hear they work.....

603743[/snapback]

I asked if Takeo would completely recover from his injury by the time our regular season starts.

The Magic 8-ball said, "Without a doubt."

Will he help the Bills defense become dominant again?

The Magic 8-ball said, "Yes."

So there you have it, there is no need for further worry! :devil:

Jon Jansen is a tackle. He rarely runs. Bad comparison.

I think (*hope*) he will come back and be the player he was. Its a very difficult injury to come back from, especially for an outside linebacker. The quick cuts, lateral movement, back and forth speed etc. that the position requires makes it even more difficult.

I'm not a doctor, and unlike LA I don't play one online, but I'm concerned that he will be even close to the same player. He was the best OLB in football when he went down. Thats a tough standard to live up to.