Marv Levy as GM calling shots on draft day

OnTheRocks

Do you feel comfortable with Marv Levy calling the shots on draft day?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel comfortable with Marv Levy calling the shots on draft day?

• yes
    • no
    • i don't know

I don't know if the final decision will be falling to Marv or Dick or Tom Modrak for that matter....or god forbid Ralphie boy.

But lets say for the sake of this poll it is Marv. Do you feel comfortable putting the future of the franchise in his hands when it comes down to a difference of opinion between himself, Dick and Tom?

Also for discussion....do you think Marv has the "slickness" to pull off a draft day trade that looks even or in the Bills favor?

yes [ 28 ]  [68.29%]

no [ 7 ]  [17.07%]

i don't know [ 6 ]  [14.63%]

Total Votes: 41

i am pleasantly suprised by these results...although i voted "i don't know".,..i hope all you yeah sayers are right!

I don't know if the final decision will be falling to Marv or Dick or Tom Modrak

598676[/snapback]

I voted yes as I think it will be a collaboration of the 3. And if it comes down to Marv making the decision, I'm comfortable with that.

On a side note...how great would it be if we had a "Harry" in the front office?

I'm very comfortable with that. I hope he does digest whatever Modrak advises, however. It is Marv's job to select draft picks. I can tell you that he will consult with the coaching staff, the rest of management, and Mr. Wilson. After all, isn't that how it was done when he coached here and Polian was GM?

Frankly, I am not convinced that Levy will be calling the shots. I really think modrak will be heading the draft. Final decisions will probably come down to Levy, BUT it will be modrak who is pumping/pushing the players he wants.

This is a very scary thought because modrak doesn't have a clue about linemen, either offensive or defensive. The two we got last year, Geisinger and Preston, I really think were dictated by McNally. I just hope McNally has some say in this years draft but it is dictated on him, that they be high round selections.

I trust Marv as an evaluator of talent over TD.  As for as sly trading ability, I've got to give TD the edge on that one.

598678[/snapback]

You're right on the mark there. Nobody can trade up to draft a subpar DE like TD. :lol:

Contrary to popular opinion, Marv basically had final say on the draft while Butler was the GM.

Although the personnel decisions were basically made by committee, Butler was essentially the guy who identified teh talent but Marv had final say on whether the talent fit with his needs.

During this same time, the Bills made ZERO draft day trades, preferring to let the draft come to them so they could utilize their draft board as laid out.

Levy is conservative by nature and has no need to make the flashy deal like TD.

Highly unlikely that Bills pursue any draft day trades. Only way a trade happens is if someone makes the Bills an incredible deal AND the Bills are basically still guaranteed of getting a targetted player at teh new spot.

Contrary to popular opinion, Marv basically had final say on the draft while Butler was the GM.

Although the personnel decisions were basically made by committee, Butler was essentially the guy who identified teh talent but Marv had final say on whether the talent fit with his needs.

During this same time, the Bills made ZERO draft day trades, preferring to let the draft come to them so they could utilize their draft board as laid out.

Levy is conservative by nature and has no need to make the flashy deal like TD.

Highly unlikely that Bills pursue any draft day trades. Only way a trade happens is if someone makes the Bills an incredible deal AND the Bills are basically still guaranteed of getting a targetted player at teh new spot.

599215[/snapback]

Is that we ended up with Eric Flowers or could never get a Quality nose tackle ...................No way in Heck Marv is calling the Draft ..........thank God Modrak is here to Carry the " I WOULD RATHER BE A COACH" G.M. or we would be more of laughing stock...............Memo to Marv as G.M. help your buddie fill his staff....he seams to be having trouble ....I guess everyone dont want to jump off the cliff together :pirate:

Is that we ended up with Eric Flowers or could never get a Quality nose tackle ...................No way in Heck Marv is calling the Draft ..........thank God Modrak is here to Carry the " I WOULD RATHER BE A COACH" G.M. or we would be more of laughing stock...............Memo to Marv as G.M. help your buddie fill his staff....he seams to be having trouble ....I guess everyone dont want to jump off the cliff together  :pirate:

600544[/snapback]

I'm not sure I understand - Marv retired after the '96 season. You're not blaming Erik Flowers on Marv, are you?

I'm not sure I understand - Marv retired after the '96 season.  You're not blaming Erik Flowers on Marv, are you?

600549[/snapback]

I believe he is. Then again, from reading his post, I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I believe he is.  Then again, from reading his post, I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

600553[/snapback]

Lets not try to equate typing skills for intellect, thats why I have a secretary. I'm saying that Marv was here when we lost both tackles ,finishing J.Kelly career, and came up with Fina ....He was here when everyone in the world knew that we needed D-line(nose tackle ) help. People take the rose color glasses off .Marv doesnt know crap about being a G.M. nor did he aspire to be one. He is as un qualified as it gets he knows know more about personnel than me or you. Come with something more tangible than " Marv's a smart guy he will straighten this out crap when you have ZERO body of work to base this senseless comment on