UConn James

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9:29 Let's continue the farce..

1) Bidweiser, who cares.

2) POTC 2, should be pretty cool, first one was good.

3) Mastercard. LOL, Richard Dean Anderson.

Why not just hand the Lombardi trophy to the refs, since they really decided this game?

9:40pm and it's just too much of a hose job for Seattle to overcome. Scoreboard says 21-10, but non-hosed-by-ref scoreboard reads more like 21-10 the other way.

1) World Baseball classic. Wrong sport.

2) Hodaddy reprise, and I still don't care, except with HD I can now see her copious body hair. Yeah, that makes you more appealing.

3) Girls gone wild? Heh, more Nationwide.

Time to tabulate the votes. Since I'm the only one voting, these may unfairly reflect my personal tastes:

BEST OF SUPER BOWL

1) Michelob Amber Light's "Open? You're CLOSED NOW!" Muaaahahaha.

2) Sprintphone's "Crime Deterrent phone".

3) Ameriquest's "Pretty fly for a dead guy".

4) Sprintphone (?) Benny Hill commercial.

5) V For Vendetta because a) it looks just too cool, and b) I have the original comics in a box somewhere and they'll be worth more now.

6) Mastercard McGuyver.

WORST OF TOILET BOWL

1) Diet Pepsi anything

2) Bud Light anything

3) Cadillac Escalade. Ugly models, ugly truck.

Sheep streaker! :doh:

595798[/snapback]

that and the 'open?..now you're closed!' were the funniest in my opinion...after that i didnt see anything great...altho i did get a chuckle out of the fact that gillette has a razor with 5 blades now....its just like the snl bit when the razor has..i think 20 blades on it...in time i suppose :angry:

Top 5:

1.Budweiser: Sheep Streaker .... :(:w00t::w00t::lol:

2.Ameriquest: Misunderstanding at hospital..... :lol::lol::lol:

3.MasterCard: MacGuyver...... :lol::lol:

4.Honda: Trucking Icons come to life......Agree with Ralonzo, lame until Yosemite Sam showed up. After that it was genius.

5.United Airlines: Animation......Probably the most creative commercial.

Bottom 5:

5.Sprint: Sprint phone as theft deterrent.....Huh?

4.Gillette: 5 blade razor.......Big frickin' deal

3.GM Cadillac: Cadillac on the runway.......Yawwwwwnnnnnnn

2.Sierra Mist: Airport Security......Very Lame

1.Diet Pepsi: Diet Pepsi & Diddy......Pepsi what has happened to your great commercials of the past? Fire your ad staff now!

As for the movie trailers, overall they were weak. Still I was glad to see "Cars" show up, Pixar movies are a good thing.

"Pirates of the Caribbean 2" & "V for Vendetta" were the best.

They should have had "Superman Returns" & "X3" though.

What was the one with the lady on the plane sitting at a window seat trying to get to the bathroom when the plane hit turbulence, she ends up on a dude's lap with the lights coming on and a kid and mother looking over?

Her bloused looked undone and the dude's eye mask over his face.

:(:w00t:

That was AmeriQuest, right?

If so, they had some pretty funny ones.

2) Gaius Baltar from BSG having dinner at Outback, whee.

That was him?! I didn't recognize him!

My favorite, by far, was the "You were open, now you're CLOSED!" one. I still chuckle about it. :(

My wife loved the one where the doctor killed the fly, and said, "He's dead now!" as the mom and son walk in the room with their dad on the table.

CW

Jessica Simpson in skimpy red outfit and cowboy boots hawking Pizza Hut where the outer crust is comprised of bite-sized cheese-filled pockets that taste just as nasty and are just as bad for you as the rest of the pizza.

594744[/snapback]

Dude that pizza is NASTY!  I was stuck at home the other day with no car, so I thought I'd just order in some pizza....I had already tried the Papa Johns new pan pizza thing (and let me tell you, Dan Marino is full of sh--!!!), so since I kind of like the stuffed crust Pizza Hut thing, I thought I'd give it a shot. Those little pop off things are completely STUPID. If they maybe would have put a little olive oil and some parmesan on them, they might be half decent. But they were dry and nasty!

594765[/snapback]

If pizzas was peoples, those things would be called "skin tags".

I didn't read all the threads, so this may have already been mentioned.

Did anyone else notice the buds on the dish in the Benny Hill-ish commercial. That's why the sofa was on fire... :(

595768[/snapback]

YES! That's what my wife said..."Is that POT in the dish?"