How is the Danny Affording those Coaches

plenzmd1

Allright, how would you like to get a notice your season tickets have just DOUBLED. Now, for those not familiar with Fedex, these are just club seats. $2000 to bring a family to the game. Ah, but ya get a jersey and a seat cushion for five year commitment.Open air, exposed to the elements, but there are some nice bars inside :lol:

Ah, and what the article doesn't mention is that with these seats goes a mandatory $40 parking pass.

So, you want coaches, or affordable games.

http://www.washingtonian.com/inwashington/.../clubseats.html

Here is what is going to happen in the NFL:

1. Cap is going to increase at a faster rate- Which means oh yes, there WILL be a spearation between the have and have-nots not quite at the same level, but similar to what anti Yankees fans whine about in baseball.

2. No cap on coaches- The $ teams WILL get the premium guys. Plain and simple.

Allright, how would you like to get a notice your season tickets have just DOUBLED. Now, for those not familiar with Fedex, these are just club seats. $2000 to bring a family to the game. Ah, but ya get a jersey and a seat cushion for five year commitment.Open air, exposed to the elements, but there are some nice bars inside :lol:

Ah, and what the article doesn't mention is that with these seats goes a mandatory $40 parking pass.

593181[/snapback]

The beauty of this scheme is that the Club Seats do not count for sell-outs. I have heard that only 1/2 the club seats are purchased, and each year, only 30% of the eligible renewals are renewed. Basically, he is squeezing the last dollar out of the fans that wanted to jump ahead of the line for Redskin season tickets. Since there is a 10 yr wait for regular season tickets, this gave fans a chance to go to the front of the line. It is a shame!

Who the heck would spend $17,000 a year for season tickets. That is absolutely insane!

593190[/snapback]

Lobby firms and trade associations. Any decent firm or organization in this town, and there are alot of them, doesn't think twice about coughing up this amount for tix.

BUT, if some of the new lobby rules go into effect, i.e. no entertainment for congressional members and staff, you will soon see these tickets go unsold...it would not be worth it for the big firms to buy season tickets anymore.

Who the heck would spend $17,000 a year for season tickets. That is absolutely insane!

Of course, Snyder has every right to raise season ticket prices because the fans are dumb enough to pay it.

593190[/snapback]

The Greater Washington area has the 3rd largest concentration of wealth in the nation. Supply and demand, baby!

Of course, Snyder has every right to raise season ticket prices because the fans are dumb enough to pay it.

593190[/snapback]

They're just "loyal."

593181[/snapback]

I've never paid to see a coach or gone to a game because the ticket price was lower than league average; I go to games to be entertained and watch the team win.

Just win baby!

Who is going to win more: Bills or Redskins?

My money says Redskins.

Allright, how would you like to get a notice your season tickets have just DOUBLED. Now, for those not familiar with Fedex, these are just club seats. $2000 to bring a family to the game. Ah, but ya get a jersey and a seat cushion for five year commitment.Open air, exposed to the elements, but there are some nice bars inside :P

593181[/snapback]

Actually the NFl TV contracts pay for most of the teams operating expenses. Ther eis no or cap on coaching hires, so if you don't mind spending a little more - why not? He knows Gibbs is gone - he has the structure in place to move on a not miss a beat after next year. I think he's wisely posiitoning that frnachise for a long run - if only they can get a QB....

Lobby firms and trade associations.  Any decent firm or organization in this town, and there are alot of them, doesn't think twice about coughing up this amount for tix.

BUT, if some of the new lobby rules go into effect, i.e. no entertainment for congressional members and staff, you will soon see these tickets go unsold...it would not be worth it for the big firms to buy season tickets anymore.

593208[/snapback]

Very good point that you have. I guess that I wasn't looking at it from that angle.

Lobby firms and trade associations.  Any decent firm or organization in this town, and there are alot of them, doesn't think twice about coughing up this amount for tix.

593208[/snapback]

That would be sweet.....

593208[/snapback]

Watching the pigs fly right by, huh?

I've never paid to see a coach or gone to a game because the ticket price was lower than league average; I go to games to be entertained and watch the team win.

Just win baby!

My money says Redskins.

593371[/snapback]

So you'd rather go to a Redskins game? i suggest you do.

Just win baby!

My money says Redskins.

593371[/snapback]

You must have missed this paragraph from the article:

But haven’t the Redskins been losers since Snyder bought the team? His first year, before he could start signing players and firing coaches, the Redskins went 10–6 and made the playoffs. Since then, Snyder’s team has gone 8–8, 8–8, 7–9, 5–11, and 6–l0