My cap page is updated

Thanks y'all

Can't see in Firefox??  :huh:

I'll tell the techno-nerds about that  :)

592792[/snapback]

The formatting is what's f'ed up. You can't read the last two columns (cap hit and dead money) because they're against the dark blue background.

Of course, if Firefox users get the "IE Tab" extension I referenced above, the problem is solved. ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moulds refused to go back in the game against the phins... the phins.. our most hated rival. Buh Bye Eric.

592574[/snapback]

Two sides to every story. This is no exception. Eric has done a lot for this team and I think having him here will help.

eh?

05-06 stats

Ward - 15 games, 69 catches, 975 yards

Moulds - 15 games, 81 catches, 816 yards

... Ward held out last year.

I wasn't aware 159 was the difference between washed up and WR stud. Ooooooohh and lets not forget that Pitt is a power running team, meaning that defenses were looking to stop the run long before they thought pass. Ooooooooooh and lets not forget that Moulds had JP losman and Kelly freeking Holcomb tossing him the ball, while Ward had RoboQB at the helm.

592690[/snapback]

Never bring facts into any good argument. :huh:

Year___rec___yards___avg__TDs

Moulds:

2004:___88__1,043___11.9___5

2005:___81____816___10.1___4

Total:__169__1,859___11.0___9

Ward:

2004:___80__1,004___12.6___4

2005:___69____975___14.1__11

Total:__149__1,979___13.3___15

You need to install the "IE Tab" extension for Firefox.  It's awesome.  If there's a site that was designed for IE, you can use the context menu to open a special IE tab and it will display properly.  I used it for clump's page and it worked brilliantly.

592674[/snapback]

Great tip on IE extension. Sure beats highlighting everything to read it.

Moulds  - get him out of here!  He is not worth the month. 

Mike Williams - same. 

That will a savings of almost $13 mil next season.

592545[/snapback]

It'll be a savings of roughly 8 mil next year and we'll take 12+ mil in cap hits for two players not on the team (if the cuts are done before June).

What's amazing is that of the 86+ mil cap hit that the Bills take the salaries of Moulds and Williams represent roughly 25% of the teams salaries.

I'm working on my cap article right now....I want it up for your viewing pleasure shortly after the SB

I gotta update my Fins page as well  :lol:

593072[/snapback]

Why the Fins? Are you a fan? Get paid to do it? Or, just cause we hate them so much?

Just curious...and thanks

Increased exposure.....more people that see my cap pages

Y'all might be hearing more about me soon, but mum's the word for now....... :lol:

593082[/snapback]

I can drink Mumm. I prefer Veuve or Salon...ooohhh...i get it...sorry.

Thanks and look forward to seeing your name in lights or soomething.

Great tip on IE extension. Sure beats highlighting everything to read it.

593002[/snapback]

Two other great Firefox extensions are IE View and Firefox View. They add options in the right click menus of each brower to send the current page from IE to Firefox or vice versa.

It'll be a savings of roughly 8 mil next year and we'll take 12+ mil in cap hits for two players not on the team (if the cuts are done before June).

What's amazing is that of the 86+ mil cap hit that the Bills take the salaries of Moulds and Williams represent roughly 25% of the teams salaries.

593006[/snapback]

BAsed on the current status of the CBA negotiations, there is a very strong incentive for the Bills to re-do both Wiliams and Moulds contracts for 2006.

Since the CBA has not been extended, 2007 becomes an uncapped year and the entire unamortized signing bonus for a player cut in 2006 will be recognized immediately, even if cut after June

Thus, it may make more sense for the Bills to push as much unamortized money into the future when they may be able to cut both players in 2007 when they may be able to totally avoid any cap hit at all.

(Gene Upshaw says the Union's position is that it won't accept a salary cap)

BAsed on the current status of the CBA negotiations, there is a very strong incentive for the Bills to re-do both Wiliams and Moulds contracts for 2006.

Since the CBA has not been extended, 2007 becomes an uncapped year and the entire unamortized signing bonus for a player cut in 2006 will be recognized immediately, even if cut after June

Thus, it may make more sense for the Bills to push as much unamortized money into the future when they may be able to cut both players in 2007 when they may be able to totally avoid any cap hit at all. 

593167[/snapback]

The other likely outcome is that other teams will be doing the same thing, so the the free agent pool of quality players will be probably be extremely small.

So most of the progress at improving the OL or DL will most likely have to come from the draft (or vast improvement of internal talent through better coaching).

No wonder why the Dollphins and REdskins are breaking the bank on coaches.

Two other great Firefox extensions are IE View and Firefox View.  They add options in the right click menus of each brower to send the current page from IE to Firefox or vice versa.

593166[/snapback]

any idea if they work on Mac OS 10?

593167[/snapback]

That's a good point about the entirety of the bonus being recognized in 2006 I hadn't thought of that. That being said I don't think it's a wise move to push a lot of money back into 2007 and beyond hoping that those are uncapped years. The NFL realizes that a competitive balance is one of the reasons that it is the most popular sport in the county. Given this, I think they'll eventually come to an agreement and the salary cap will stay (and any team trying to push back money will be shafted).

Increased exposure.....more people that see my cap pages

Y'all might be hearing more about me soon, but mum's the word for now....... :lol:

593082[/snapback]

They still filming new episodes of America's Most Wanted? :lol:

How much cap would be left if we just cut them all and started from scratch...? B-) After all, you add up the aggregate of the "players that should be cut" and that's about where you end up...

So many people want to cut Moulds at a cost of 5-6 million and replace him with Sam Aiken to save money. Major problem with the offense already and you want to make it worse? Cutting Moulds "saves" 5-6 million ONLY if you do not go out and sign another WR. You will not go out on the WR market and find anyone of Moulds talent level--they're just not out there. TO is the only one--I realize TO is better than Moulds. Where are you going to make up for 80+ receptions? Moulds restructuring is the best for the cap and the team. It is a win-win situation. For those criticizing his character--he is a 10 year veteran on this team. If you say he should be cut then apply the same standard to Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Willie McGinest etc... who all much more publicly and violently criticized coaching decisions and players attitudes openly.