My cap page is updated

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other then the obvious moves (something has to be done with moulds and big mike's contracts), fletch needs to be extended to lower his cap number and posey needs to be shown the door........

592025[/snapback]

dont be so quick to show posey the door if we switch to a 3-4 base defense posey plays a excellent olb position in this defense he had 10 sacks in it playing for houston befor we got him

Moulds  - get him out of here!  He is not worth the month. 

592545[/snapback]

I assume you meant money, and not month.

Did you read the cap page?

Moulds makes - $10,855,666, cutting him would save, $4,522,334, we'd have $6,333,33

in dead cap. That means if we replaced him with a $4 Mil reciever (a low price for a good one) we'd already be paying the same amount as if we kept Moulds. So, now I ask you... is moulds worth $4 Mil?

Also....

Have you no respect for the players that are a part of this teams history.

I assume you meant money, and not month.

Did you read the cap page?

Moulds makes - $10,855,666, cutting him would save, $4,522,334, we'd have $6,333,33

in dead cap. That means if we replaced him with a $4 Mil reciever (a low price for a good one) we'd already be paying the same amount as if we kept Moulds. So, now I ask you... is moulds worth $4 Mil?

Also....

592565[/snapback]

Moulds refused to go back in the game against the phins... the phins.. our most hated rival. Buh Bye Eric.

Also....

592565[/snapback]

Sorry....please remind us of the winning history that Eric Moulds has been involved in. Then, explain to us why he is worth anything that even approaches his cap figure.

Time to cut the chord.

Sorry....please remind us of the winning history that Eric Moulds has been involved in. Then, explain to us why he is worth anything that even approaches his cap figure.

Time to cut the chord.

592575[/snapback]

Hey thats why Pitt is in the SB and we are not.

They keep players like Bettis and Ward.. and we send Pat Williams and Moulds packing.

Besides... did you not know.. next year is an even numbered year, so Moulds is going to have a good year. Look at the guys stats. I want him on the team when he's playing good.

Let's cut:

Kellen Brantley

Lawaylon Brown

Greg Carothers

Brad Cieslak

Jon Goldsberry

Wendell Hunter

Fred Jackson

Rob Lee

Dylan McFarland

Craig Ochs

Eric Powell

Nicolas Setta

Jason Thomas

Tai Tupai

LaDarris Vann

Troy Woodbury

Mark Word

save almost $5M! :huh:

Let's cut:

Kellen Brantley

Lawaylon Brown

Greg Carothers

Brad Cieslak

Jon Goldsberry

Wendell Hunter

Fred Jackson

Rob Lee

Dylan McFarland

Craig Ochs

Eric Powell

Nicolas Setta

Jason Thomas

Tai Tupai

LaDarris Vann

Troy Woodbury

Mark Word

592592[/snapback]

That true most of those guy will be cut be the time the season start. So we do have more that 6 mil in free cap. After we cut them and Wire, Burns, Shelton, etc We'll have plenty of room to do what we want.

Hey thats why Pitt is in the SB and we are not.

They keep players like Bettis and Ward.. and we send Pat Williams and Moulds packing.

Besides... did you not know.. next year is an even numbered year, so Moulds is going to have a good year. Look at the guys stats. I want him on the team when he's playing good.

592585[/snapback]

Ward is not a washed up, disruptive malcontent. Moulds is. Bettis, while past his prime, is still able to contribute because he has young, strong guys to block for him.

Now, toss in the fact that Moulds probably has a higher cap figure than both of those two combined, and tell me once again why we should hang on to a whining has-been for 10.85 mil.

Moulds  - get him out of here!  He is not worth the month. 

Mike Williams - same. 

That will a savings of almost $13 mil next season.

592545[/snapback]

Nope we'd save $9.4 million, and we'd have $12.9 million in dead cap.

Let's cut:

Kellen Brantley

Lawaylon Brown

Greg Carothers

Brad Cieslak

Jon Goldsberry

Wendell Hunter

Fred Jackson

Rob Lee

Dylan McFarland

Craig Ochs

Eric Powell

Nicolas Setta

Jason Thomas

Tai Tupai

LaDarris Vann

Troy Woodbury

Mark Word

592592[/snapback]

When doing the calculations, let's not forget that we have to replace these guys if we cut them.

I can't read the chart in Firefox.

Thanks for doing the work, though.

592571[/snapback]

You need to install the "IE Tab" extension for Firefox. It's awesome. If there's a site that was designed for IE, you can use the context menu to open a special IE tab and it will display properly. I used it for clump's page and it worked brilliantly.

You need to install the "IE Tab" extension for Firefox.  It's awesome.  If there's a site that was designed for IE, you can use the context menu to open a special IE tab and it will display properly.  I used it for clump's page and it worked brilliantly.

592674[/snapback]

Thanks. i'll try that later. I love Firefox (although it freezes on my Mac a lot), but occasionaly have trouble with stuff like this.

Ward is not a washed up, disruptive malcontent. Moulds is. Bettis, while past his prime, is still able to contribute because he has young, strong guys to block for him.

Now, toss in the fact that Moulds probably has a higher cap figure than both of those two combined, and tell me once again why we should hang on to a whining has-been for 10.85 mil.

592604[/snapback]

eh?

05-06 stats

Ward - 15 games, 69 catches, 975 yards

Moulds - 15 games, 81 catches, 816 yards

... Ward held out last year.

I wasn't aware 159 was the difference between washed up and WR stud. Ooooooohh and lets not forget that Pitt is a power running team, meaning that defenses were looking to stop the run long before they thought pass. Ooooooooooh and lets not forget that Moulds had JP losman and Kelly freeking Holcomb tossing him the ball, while Ward had RoboQB at the helm.

eh?

05-06 stats

Ward - 15 games, 69 catches, 975 yards

Moulds - 15 games, 81 catches, 816 yards

... Ward held out last year.

I wasn't aware 159 was the difference between washed up and WR stud. Ooooooohh and lets not forget that Pitt is a power running team, meaning that defenses were looking to stop the run long before they thought pass. Ooooooooooh and lets not forget that Moulds had JP losman and Kelly freeking Holcomb tossing him the ball, while Ward had RoboQB at the helm.

592690[/snapback]

Wow those 2-5 yard dink passes from Holcomb to Moulds really bring down Moulds average yards per catch. Moulds 10.07 yards per catch. Ward 14.13 yards per catch.

Thanks y'all

Can't see in Firefox??  :huh:

I'll tell the techno-nerds about that  :)

592792[/snapback]

I'll try eball's suggestion. But, a lot of things don't work particularly on the Mac (damn piece of crap). ;)