OT: Hey Yankees fans

BF_in_Indiana

Yes it is Darin :rolleyes:  LOL

I just like to rile you guys up honestly.  Several of you get so upset when someone pokes fun at you.  I'm sitting here at this computer laughing my head off at some of these replies.  Seriously.

And to answer your question yes I was.  1982 World Series.

43262[/snapback]

Was that the KC "I-70 Series"?

What was that umpire's name?

Maybe I got the wrong year?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Cardinals do beat those teams up.  The difference being is that you don't see me posting about it every day.  I may do it once a week (even less now that we aren't playing for anything after wrapping up the best record in the NL).

You see that from the Spankees lovers.

43266[/snapback]

Gee, that probably doesn't have anything to do with nobody caring about the Cardinals. Nah, that's not it at all.

Yes it is Darin :rolleyes:  LOL

I just like to rile you guys up honestly.  Several of you get so upset when someone pokes fun at you.  I'm sitting here at this computer laughing my head off at some of these replies.  Seriously.

And to answer your question yes I was.  1982 World Series.

43262[/snapback]

2 years old....you must have been pumped up

It's absolutely assinine the way they have the wild card set up in my opinion. You play 162 games for a five game series? It's just plum dumb.

It's like reducing the quarters to 10 minutes in the wild card round of the playoffs....just because.

Several of you get so upset when someone pokes fun at you

they are just a little annoyed because despite the payroll and the history (26 Titles! 26 Titles!! 26 Titles!!!), the last few years have been HUGE letdowns for Yankees fans, and smart money doesn't say that will change this year.

Arizona

Anaheim

Florida

It's absolutely assinine the way they have the wild card set up in my opinion. You play 162 games for a five game series? It's just plum dumb.

It's like reducing the quarters to 10 minutes in the wild card round of the playoffs....just because.

43323[/snapback]

I agree.

I think the 5 game series rewards the underdog WC.

They get "out of dodge" with a split in the first two games and they got a great advantage.

I also think the 2-3-2 format also tacitly favors the team without home field.

Just my belief.

they are just a little annoyed because despite the payroll and the history (26 Titles! 26 Titles!! 26 Titles!!!), the last few years have been HUGE letdowns for Yankees fans, and smart money doesn't say that will change this year.

Arizona

Anaheim

Florida

43327[/snapback]

You are right BUT at least we're there every year, right in the thick of things. Did any of those teams even make the playoffs the next year? And nobody will ever touch the Yankees and their 26 titles!! Any fan that isn't annoyed when their team loses isn't a fan.

43323[/snapback]

I'd rather they eliminate the wild card than extend it to a seven-game series. In fact, I think they should shorten the entire season, so that the ALCS and NLCS begin in mid-September and the World Series begins on or about Oct. 1.

What about knocking 3 games off the regular season (meaningless interleague series) and having two seven game sets.

I'm not a traditionalist in the sense I think more in teams in the playoffs is better for baseball, but let's be realistic. Baseball isn't decided in a few games, it's a marathon to prove who has the best team over the long haul.

But, Bud Selig in his infinite wisdom says "hey, we only need a five game set in the first round."

Want proof? Both the Braves and the Giants were knocked out in the first round last year. They were the number 1 and 2 seeds.

To show there is no hard feelings.

Order your division champions shirts here!!!!

43156[/snapback]

You have to understand why the Yankee fans are cranky, not only have they not clinched their division title but after this weekend they might be in second place.

I for one would love to see a Red Sox - Cardinals World Series, two teams that are the high class of MLB....

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
And St Louis dosent beat up on the Reds and Pirates??  :rolleyes: 

Division Champs shirts to rub it in to Yankees fans in the other league? I love how you call out the Yankees fans, I absolutely love it..Yankees have a division title shirt every year since 1996, and Braves fans will have 13 different division title shirts to show off too....all in a row..so whats the point?

43251[/snapback]

HEY, we have almost SEVENTY wins this season, with little pitching!!!!

Pirates rule! :rolleyes:

Billsfan...........when DON'T Yankees fans guarantee a World Series title????

43244[/snapback]

On here I have seen a lot of childish back and forth between some Sox and Yankees fans, but none stick out like you have in being so sure that the Yankees will win the WS this year. All I'm saying is you are setting yourself up to have to take a lot of stevestojan if it doesn't happen.