Common Sense Rules for TSW

This is intended, seriously, to be a serious thread. Anyone putting a joke in here, or not responding seriously, should be publicly ridiculed and humiliated, and privately beaten for being a total ass. It will be a public admission that you are a total ass if you put a joke or a non-serious suggestion in this particular thread. I am asking politely. There are 1000 other threads to joke in. Please use those.

I think it should be a rule that if you are going to respond to any thread, you must read all previous responses in that particular thread. To eliminate duplicate and triplicate and quadruplicate responses. Even if the thread is 16 pages long. This may not be punishable by death or banning, but a basic unwritten law nonetheless. I think it would improve the board tremendously.

Please offer a serious response to this notion, if you have one. Or suggest another serious rule which may or may not be officially adopted.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is certainly valid but is not enforceable.  At least I don't see how it could be.

589837[/snapback]

Doesn't need to be enforceable, just understood. It's not something that everyone should jump on you if you don't follow it every single time, just something everyone should keep in mind 90% of the time.

This is intended, seriously, to be a serious thread. Anyone putting a joke in here, or not responding seriously, should be publicly ridiculed and humiliated, and privately beaten for being a total ass. It will be a public admission that you are a total ass if you put a joke or a non-serious suggestion in this particular thread. I am asking politely. There are 1000 other threads to joke in. Please use those.

I think it should be a rule that if you are going to respond to any thread, you must read all previous responses in that particular thread. To eliminate duplicate and triplicate and quadruplicate responses. Even if the thread is 16 pages long. This may not be punishable by death or banning, but a basic unwritten law nonetheless. I think it would improve the board tremendously.

Please offer a serious response to this notion, if you have one. Or suggest another serious rule which may or may not be officially adopted.

589834[/snapback]

Here you go :lol:

589834[/snapback]

JUST FOR YOU BUDDY!

This is intended, seriously, to be a serious thread. Anyone putting a joke in here, or not responding seriously, should be publicly ridiculed and humiliated, and privately beaten for being a total ass. ve one. Or suggest another serious rule which may or may not be officially adopted.

589834[/snapback]

There you go again, prescribing behavior for others and restricting freedom. :lol:

There you go again, prescribing behavior for others and restricting freedom. 0:)

589879[/snapback]

Apparently there shouldn't be any laws or rules or standards or even unwritten assumptions to be followed by the majority, and the world and country and message board should be Lord of the Flies.

It is certainly valid but is not enforceable.  At least I don't see how it could be.

589837[/snapback]

DML2005 Posted Today, 02:43 PM

It is certainly valid but is not enforceable. At least I don't see how it could be.

Whoa Dudes! How'd you do that? 0:)

589834[/snapback]

Typical liberal trying to controll everything by going through the back door. I'm guessing your feelings got hurt so now you want to put in a rule that shows how you feel but is not logical or enforcible.

If you don't want to read a post or don't like a post then don't go on the board. It's as simple as that. If you need to know what everybody has said on a thread because you might think that they have said something about you- Then read every post and grow some balls. 0:)

Typical liberal trying to controll everything by going through the back door.  I'm guessing your feelings got hurt so now you want to put in a rule that shows how you feel but is not logical or enforcible. 

If you don't want to read a post or don't like a post then don't go on the board.  It's as simple as that.  If you need to know what everybody has said on a thread because you might think that they have said something about you- Then read every post and grow some balls.  0:)

589895[/snapback]

No. The point was ONLY that when one reads through a thread and two or four or six posters have said the exact same response, or asked the exact same question, and it becomes entirely evident that if they would have simply read the thread they wouldnt be saying the exact same thing, the board would be better for everyone. That's all.

Apparently there shouldn't be any laws or rules or standards or even unwritten assumptions to be followed by the majority, and the world and country and message board should be Lord of the Flies.

589883[/snapback]

Shut up! I have the conch shell!

Seriously, there are a mess of common sense rules that already exist, and they get broken any day here. Any "common sense" rules will be taken even less seriously than the "carved in stone" ones, as the latter can actually gets you suspended/banned, the former is just annoying to others. Attempts to be reasonable are wasted here. People will continue to PMRL, they will continue to start new topics on existing discussions so that their knowledge/opinion doesn't get "lost" in said existing discussions, attack any serious attempt to be helpful, etc with banal humor, etc etc etc. I applaud your attempt to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem, but it's lost on this monkey house.

And as for beerball's suggestion, I agree. The mentally challenged should be insulted by being compared to some here...

[/conch]

Shut up!  I have the conch shell!

Seriously, there are a mess of common sense rules that already exist, and they get broken any day here.  Any "common sense" rules will be taken even less seriously than the "carved in stone" ones, as the latter can actually gets you suspended/banned, the former is just annoying to others.  Attempts to be reasonable are wasted here.  People will continue to PMRL, they will continue to start new topics on existing discussions so that their knowledge/opinion doesn't get "lost" in said existing discussions, attack any serious attempt to be helpful, etc with banal humor, etc etc etc.  I applaud your attempt to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem, but it's lost on this monkey house.

And as for beerball's suggestion, I agree.  The mentally challenged should be insulted by being compared to some here...

[/conch]

589912[/snapback]

Personally I believe that this thread--that threatens the very existence of TSW as we no it--should be moved to the customer service forum (where it belongs). 0:)

No. The point was ONLY that when one reads through a thread and two or four or six posters have said the exact same response, or asked the exact same question, and it becomes entirely evident that if they would have simply read the thread they wouldnt be saying the exact same thing, the board would be better for everyone. That's all.

589909[/snapback]

How about this-- You answer the thread and as you put it on the board there are three more there just like yours but -- where not there when you went to answer the thread in the first place?

Some people are slow. Some people like to check spelling, some people get interupted and some people want to answer a thread and get things off there chest but not read through 40 other threads just to see if some one answered like they did.

Maybe they don't have the time to do that, or the baby screamed or they have been up all day working and they want to relax for 20 mins before they go to bed or a whole host of other reasons that you can't indentify with so you don't care.

This board is not for your personal pleasure it is for everybody's. Rules that benifit you because you are inconvienced are not what this board is about. At least I think so! Or maybe I am wrong. Maybe I'm just fooling myself. Maybe this board is yours! 0:)