These coaching moves are a little strange

BobbyC81

So much for McNally & Wyche being such gurus for  O-Line & QBs, respectively.

Perhaps Wyche didn't want to stay??  Possible allegiance with Donahoe and Mularkey??!!

I wonder who decided that McNally needed some help??

588859[/snapback]

I think you're onto something with Wyche in respect to Mularkey. As it seemed to me he came in for Mularkey's sake. In terms of McNally needing help, he might of asked for it. As recall when he first came here he said he was no miracle worker. So he might be in over his head working alone. Plus he can write his own ticket and leave whenever he wants being he's retireman age and working in his home town etc. The only concern I have is Zierlein's O-lines weren't all that great.

I wonder who decided that McNally needed some help??

588859[/snapback]

Probably McNally. I've seen a few other teams going the dual O-line coach route, although with all the bastardization of coaching titles lately, it's almost hard to tell who's coaching what anymore.

Maybe McNally just wanted the opportunity to mentor someone.

588885[/snapback]

Except the guy's already got 35 yrs of OLine coaching experience.

Jim Bob had an assistant last year too. Maybe it takes two guys to get around all those wide bodies.

I think wyche's decision to leave/bills decision to let him go, was two fold. Wyche definitely was there to help out his buddy mularkey, despite his health problems. He did an admirable job considering MM was a terrible head coach. After MM left, wyche probably didn't have the heart to continue. Just a hunch, but i bet it comes out that he used his health as an excuse to leave, with the underlying fact that he simply did not want to work for anyone but his friend MM.

Wyche was a good guy, but he, like all the rest of them, are gone because they did not produce. That is the end result, and wyche, gray, mularkey, et al. did not produce. The lone exception is that of mcnally staying on.

Most teams have ass't line coaqches. From HS to the Pros I for one look at this as a good thing for the Bills. More coaching equals more eyes on more players. And out line needs all the help it can get.

Regarding Wyche, his coaching here was directly related to his relationship with Mularkey. His health is not good, certainly not good enough to be an OC.